NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

NX450h+ Delivery in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-24 | 11:06 AM
ElCamu
3rd Gear

Default NX450h+ Delivery in Canada

Is anyone know about delivery of NX450h+ in Canada for the beginning of 2024 ?

In 2023, almost nothing in the first three month.

Thanks

Last edited by ElCamu; 02-16-24 at 05:59 AM.
Old 02-14-24 | 11:33 AM
Droid13
Racer

I think if you order one now, you might see one by 2026 unless you stumble across one by sheer luck. There was another member on this forum in Ontario that, I think he was coming up on 600 days waiting, before he just gave up and got his deposit back. That was just a month or two ago. Even after close to 600 days waiting, the dealer could not give him any idea whatsoever if he would be getting the car in 2 weeks or 2 years. If you really want one, probably the best course of action is to call the largest dealers in the country and see what your prospects might be. I think they are more likely to get an allocation than the smaller dealers.

Old 02-14-24 | 11:52 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by Droid13
I think if you order one now, you might see one by 2026 unless you stumble across one by sheer luck. There was another member on this forum in Ontario that, I think he was coming up on 600 days waiting, before he just gave up and got his deposit back. That was just a month or two ago. Even after close to 600 days waiting, the dealer could not give him any idea whatsoever if he would be getting the car in 2 weeks or 2 years. If you really want one, probably the best course of action is to call the largest dealers in the country and see what your prospects might be. I think they are more likely to get an allocation than the smaller dealers.
Latest thing I heard was 3 years wait times.
Old 02-14-24 | 01:36 PM
gamma742
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lsft
Latest thing I heard was 3 years wait times.
That's just crazy.. I picked up my 2024 preowned from a Lexus Dealership with only 2,3XX miles on it. 450h+ Luxury for $56K USD Certified Pre-Owned gave me a better warranty than new. I feel sad for our neighbors to the north, 3 years is just ridiculous.
Old 02-14-24 | 02:32 PM
Droid13
Racer

Originally Posted by gamma742
That's just crazy.. I picked up my 2024 preowned from a Lexus Dealership with only 2,3XX miles on it. 450h+ Luxury for $56K USD Certified Pre-Owned gave me a better warranty than new. I feel sad for our neighbors to the north, 3 years is just ridiculous.
Market (and regulatory) dynamics is certainly an interesting topic. It doesn't seem to always be about the total number of cars sold everywhere, but often its about market share. Lexus HQ would rather have US spec NX450h+ cars sitting on a lot in California waiting for a buyer vs being able to instantly sell Canada spec ones to people waiting for years. California is a huge market for these cars and as I understand there are regulations about the % of cars for each mfr that must be electric or at least plug in hybrid. I think they would rather protect that market share to meet local regs vs selling cars here faster and for more money.

Canada has implemented similar rules for forcing manufacturers to meet a certain % of electric or PHEV cars very much like California, but they don't begin taking effect until 2026 (with a similar run up to 2035 banning sales of new gas cars). However, I suspect those rules won't survive the next federal election here. Don't want to turn a car forum into a political discussion, but as it relates to cars within this country there is huge push back from the oil producing areas of the country about this and its looking more and more likely the political party that support oil production has a good shot at winning and will very likely cast those new rules aside before they take effect. So, little incentive for Lexus to shift production of 450h+ to Canada spec even if they can sell instantly. Until Lexus can supply enough of these cars to easily meet all regulatory requirements in markets like California, I think they will remain in short supply here for the foreseeable future.
The following 2 users liked this post by Droid13:
gamma742 (02-17-24), toyotaman7 (02-15-24)
Old 02-14-24 | 02:53 PM
oregonkat
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gamma742
I think that makes them feel worse.
Old 02-16-24 | 05:36 AM
rx300mm
Intermediate

I ordered mine June 2022 and still waiting, no news of delivery anytime soon.
The following users liked this post:
JeffMcPotter (02-25-24)
Old 02-16-24 | 06:01 AM
ElCamu
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Droid13
Hello Droid13,

I've ordered in april 2022, my old Highlander 2008 is very tired of me, so I hope to received my nx450 for the summer
JeffMcPotter (02-25-24)
Old 02-16-24 | 07:18 AM
Droid13
Racer

Originally Posted by ElCamu
Hello Droid13,

I've ordered in april 2022, my old Highlander 2008 is very tired of me, so I hope to received my nx450 for the summer
I hope you keep the faith and good things come your way. When I bought my NX I had actually went to Toyota first to ask about ordering a RAV4 Prime. The dealer refused to even take a deposit, said the wait list was so long it would be 3 to 5 years and they just didn't see the point of taking on more orders. I could have actually ordered the 450h+ but again, the wait list was so long. At the time I had my 2010 RX still, but it was coming up on 14 yrs old, high mileage and getting a bit tired too and slowly I started to see more forum comments about people with the same year starting to lose their traction batteries. I started to get nervous even though at the time my RX was still running fine and the battery block voltages were staying very consistent. The cooler pump for the CVT actually thru a code and put the hybrid system into limp mode, the part alone was something like $1800CAD but miraculously the code cleared itself a week later, the hybrid system returned to normal ops on its own, and the issue didn't return, but it just left me feeling unwilling to settle in for a long wait.

Good luck!
ElCamu (02-16-24)
Old 02-16-24 | 07:53 AM
ElCamu
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by rx300mm
I ordered mine June 2022 and still waiting, no news of delivery anytime soon.
I ordered in april 2022 in Quebec, one month later, the nx450 was eligible of 10'000$ total, from both governement, so the order as increase sky high.
Less than 15 peoples in front of me in the dealer waiting list, so my turn will come soon (I hope so).

For your information, you can go on this link to see how many delivery of the nx450 each month for each dealer (you have to know the postal code of the dealer)
https://open.canada.ca/data/en/datas...5-7c6bf292a2e1

For what I know, the wait is supposed to worth it, so keep the faith.
My wife own a Rav 4 Prime and we realy love this car, considering the nx450 is based on the same mecanic, we should not be desapointed.

Kindly,

JeffMcPotter (02-25-24)
Old 02-22-24 | 10:31 AM
entrancedlow123
9th Gear

Ordered in August 2023, was just told vehicle is coming at the end of April! I'm also in Alberta which probably has lower demand for PHEVs. As a separate data point, I ordered in both Calgary and Edmonton and the Edmonton dealer got it first.
JeffMcPotter (02-25-24)
Old 02-23-24 | 12:36 PM
rx300mm
Intermediate

Thats good news for you. I got some update yesterday for mine ordered June 2022, it will be going into production sometime later this year as a 2025 model.
JeffMcPotter (02-25-24)
Old 02-24-24 | 09:31 AM
ColinLo
Rookie

I have heard people waited 1-2 years and I have seen people taking delivery in just a couple months. It is all matter of luck.... I only waited 3 weeks for my NX450h+ F sport 3. No trade in was required and no mark up nor mandatory add-ons. Paid MSRP.
Old 02-24-24 | 01:02 PM
JeffMcPotter
10th Gear

I’m only at ~450 days waiting, compared you some of you that’s nothing I guess. I feels like forever with no end in sight though. This is a garbage way to treat customers of a supposed ‘luxury’ brand.

At this rate maybe it’s wise to start queuing up for the replacement of the vehicle I don’t yet have :S
Old 03-12-24 | 03:29 AM
ineedaname
10th Gear

I waited 18 months for mine and had it delivered this month. Got base package.

Quick Reply: NX450h+ Delivery in Canada