NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Pimp my ride

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-24, 12:45 AM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts
Talking Pimp my ride

I just want to show(off) everything I have done/changed on my NX to make it look cool and different. And I want to see what everyone else have done to their NX.
So it took me 18 month from the day I walked into the dealer and told them that I want to buy NX, and the day I got an email saying that they got the vehicle with all the options that I requested and it is ready for pick-up. So I have had a loong time to do my shopping done and I have looked through literally hundreds of pages of items listed for sale for NX on Ebay and AliExpress and other sites you can think of, and I ordered a bunch of different trinkets long before I have had my hands on my NX car haha

So the very first thing that I have got was an upgrade to the single LED trunk light. I went ahead and ordered the OEM factory rear puddle lamp off the Ebay that has 4 LED's

But then maybe a week later I find something even better, and BAM there are like 12 LED's in there, maybe more, and that is what I currently have.

The next task was to find some more lights for other areas, and voila... Lexus ghost light on front doors (I upgraded the blurry on sides to these sharp ones -> https://lexusacc.com/ they have version 1 (basic), version 2 which is what I got, and version 3; and acrylic Lexus door sill with magnets on two front doors (links further down available in different post).

Alright, enough with lights, moving on to the other trinkets

#1 Team Heko in-channel vent visors. #2 Door edge guards on all four doors. #3 Door handle bowl protective sticker to prevent nails scratching on all four doors, they are small, but real pain in the rear to install -.- all those concave surfaces and that tiny piece of film just slides all over the place. I think after the first wet one I installed the rest of them dry lol

I got a Rear Bumper Decoration Frame Cover Trim, and let me tell you, it looks great.

Then on tires I have metal alloy air valve stem caps with anti seize grease inside, which hopefully ads some sort of barrier to prevent two different metals to fuse together, as those caps prone to.

Replaced all the grey/black plastic wheel arch moldings with the body colored ones, all the part # for different colors can be found here -> https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...l#post11434826

Are we done yet? Yes... with the exterior, now we can look on the inside haha
Just on one image below we have 5 mods alone haha with #5 armrest, I will talk separately little later

#1 Silver Alloy (Aluminum) Center Control AC Switch **** Trim Rings + Matt Silver Emergency Light Switch Frame. The Light Switch Frame is made out of either the Aluminum or as advertised out of Steel, but this is the second one I have purchased, the first one was made out of plastic, even though it was advertised as steel, so I just ordered another one from a different seller and asked them if it was made out of the metal and not plastic, which they told me that is was indeed made out of metal.

#2 Probably the most expensive center piece haha - Crystal Shift ****, which is supposedly made from high quality lead-free crystal.

#3 Is 16 pcs Rubber Door Groove Mats which I put in every nook and cranny that I could find lol I mean all the slots and pockets everywhere has one of these mats.

#4 Is probably the best thing that I could find to cover that hideous piano black that eeeeveryone looooves riiight It is called something like Peach Wood Interior Center Console Gear Armrest Box Panel Cover Trim blah blah blah... You got the idea, there are like 20 different pieces, and you can buy them all as a kit for a very low price of about $200 Anyway, I only got a few pieces that are right in front of my face, and I will be constantly touching most of the time, like 1 right air vent; 2 left air vent; 3 gas cap and trunk release buttons; 4,5, and 6 comes as one set and the biggest one. The rest of pieces not really needed.

#5 Armrest / Center Console Cover. As you can see, my interior is a black/rich cream color, which is basically white, and that center console cover will get dirty and will get abused on a daily basis; so I figured in order to protect and preserve it, I better cover it up. I have got two of those covers; the first one did not have the OPEN on both sides and it came little wrinkled, then I found a different and better one that has OPEN on both sides and it was packaged very nicely in a hard tube to prevent any wrinkles. I put it on and voila, everything is protected.

The next one that you cannot see is ummm let's make it #5a would be something that sits inside that center console and that is "Center Console Organizer Tray Console Insert Box" This divides that one huge and deep console storage area onto something manageable and easy to store some little junk pieces separately. So nice to have and I love it.

The next item that I have got is this TPU film for dash board LCS screen. Just to protect the screen from any unnecessary scratches.

And next to the dash screen we have whaaaat? Yes, infotainment screen, and that is the area that I think really needs some protection from all your fingers touching it all day, every day, day and night, 24/7, 365.... Anyway, the next item that I have is tempered glass film protector.

Alright, we are finally done with the interior, now I have just a few more trinkets / items that are just cool or nice to have.
The first one being a car sunglass holder that is hanging from the visor. Yes, I know NX has built-in holder for glasses, but it is really shallow for whatever reason, and I can't even fit my sun glasses in there So I had to come up with an alternative solution below.

I got Custom Fit Windshield Foldable Sunshade, which is thick and firm that has to be folded. It is not one of those flimsy ones that can be rolled into a tube.

Another trinket that I have is Rust-proof Door Limiting Stopper Cover, why? you may ask, why not is my answer.

I got a bunch of different car key case covers, I mean I literally have eight different ones just because when I got a few cases that I liked, but they came with a metal key ring, which I really dislike. So I bought more cases that I do not like much, but they have key ring that is attaches with leather straps, so I mix and match those cases with leather strap rings, and then I bought even more just the leather straps by themselves, and different rings by themselves, and so after all that mess, I only have two fobs that I really like, and out of those two I only use one that has a clear cover haha, because I need to see clearly a blinking LED when I put the fob into a sleep mode.

Next item on my short list is VIOFO A139 Pro 4K HDR Dash Camera + Upgraded OBD2 Power Cable to power the camera while the ignition is ON or OFF, so if needed I can use the camera in parking mode when the vehicle is turned off, or with a push of a button the camera will turn itself off when the vehicle is off, and when I do not need 24h recording.
UPDATE: OBDII cable does not work well with hybrids apparently, all those little voltage fluctuations causes the camera to turn ON and OFF even when the parking mode supposed to be off, it is not the problem if you want to have camera recording 24/7, but if you want it only to work while the vehicle is on, then you out of luck. I just got the Dongar adapter and connected the camera to the mirror, so that way it only records while the vehicle is on and I will not have the parking mode recording, but oh well I was not using the parking mode that often anyway.

This is the last item on my list of items that have. Do I need it, probably not, but do I want it, heck YES. So I spent a few bucks on.... wait for it.... waaaait for it.... 2024 LAUNCH X431 Elite OBD2 Scanner for Toyota Lexus, Full System Bi-Directional Diagnostic Scan Tool, All Reset Service Code Reader with Lifetime Free Updates. BAM! This thing is pretty much like a scan tool they have at the dealers, yes it is slower, yes it is smaller, but can do pretty much most of the things that dealers can, and now so can you. It only works on Toyotas and Lexus, or you would have to buy additional vehicles or services otherwise and pay yearly subscription, but we do not care about those, because all we need is is something that we can scan or modify on our Lexus, which we can do with this tool for free and with life updates.

Alright, now I am truly done. Let me know what you think, and what you have on your pimped Lexus, but please do not quote this post for your replies haha

Last edited by oreon333; 04-26-24 at 06:44 PM.
The following 8 users liked this post by oreon333:
bt10 (03-26-24), Droid13 (02-15-24), FinnegansWake (04-20-24), MykBlauuw (07-14-24), poohbear001 (02-17-24), Sandan500 (07-27-24), Tarnshoe (03-27-24), Zlobix (02-15-24) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-15-24, 04:47 AM
Zlobix
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This is very cool, I also installed some of this set.
I’ll list my modifications later, while I’ll point out what you don’t have
This is an upgrade to the front fog lights and reversing lights.https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=gYSKOAF

https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=PMSKOg1
Old 02-15-24, 05:49 AM
Zlobix
Driver

My modifications

https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=Cd4KOsR

https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=jp4KOfh

https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=xa4KO5X

https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=Mo4KOAC

https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=T84KOVf

https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=eQ4KOBg

https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=Bk4KOIZ

https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=eu4KOOb

https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=wxEKOcc

https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=VtEKOZ4

https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=ewEKO4M

https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=zsEKOJP

https://global.wildberries.ru/product?card=66530656

https://global.wildberries.ru/product?card=176283138

https://ozon.ru/t/EMYY8jl
The following users liked this post:
oreon333 (02-16-24)
Old 02-15-24, 05:51 AM
Dblxx
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 74 Posts

I love this thread !
Old 02-15-24, 06:13 AM
Zlobix
Driver

For the winter, I installed MICHELIN X-Ice North 4 SUV tires 235/65 R17 on 17 j7 ET35 wheels.It's very soft, but doesn't look very nice.I don't like the sound in Lexus without ML, so I bought 4 speakers to replace the speakers on the panel and an amplifier for the subwoofer. I'm waiting for connectors to install all this.
Old 02-15-24, 06:46 AM
oregonkat
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Wow, OP! Very nice.
Old 02-15-24, 07:50 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Just curious what is your total running bill thus far? Lol
AmyInTX (02-17-24)
Old 02-15-24, 12:14 PM
MidCitiesMildMan
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The center console organizer is all I have done. I need to buy a sunscreen for the windshield. Thats all I will do other than put decals on the back window for my racing buddies that have passed away. Waiting for the rest to me made. But this is for my buddy Steve.
Tarnshoe (03-27-24)
Old 02-16-24, 06:22 AM
Pandaroo
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Aliexpress thanks you all for your contribution to China's GDP​​​​.

I got the Aliexpress 12 led trunk lights, metal fob protector, viofo a229pro 2ch dashcam and a sunshade that twists in a circle.

I find that I was too lazy to wrap and fold and keep the normal sunshades in the back trunk or back seat.

With this one I just twist into a thin circle that fits in the side bottle holder, no need to get out of your seat.

Sunshade

Last edited by Pandaroo; 02-16-24 at 06:29 AM.
Old 02-16-24, 06:36 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 575 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by oreon333
I just want to show(off) everything I have done/changed on my NX to make it look cool and different. And I want to see what everyone else have done to their NX.
So it took me 18 month from the day I walked into the dealer and told them that I want to buy NX, and the day I got an email saying that they got the vehicle with all the options that I requested and it is ready for pick-up. So I have had a loong time to do my shopping done and I have looked through literally hundreds of pages of items listed for sale for NX on Ebay and AliExpress and other sites you can think of, and I ordered a bunch of different trinkets long before I have had my hands on my NX car haha

So the very first thing that I have got was an upgrade to the single LED trunk light. I went ahead and ordered the OEM factory rear puddle lamp off the Ebay that has 4 LED's

But then maybe a week later I find something even better, and BAM there are like 12 LED's in there, maybe more, and that is what I currently have.

The next task was to find some more lights for other areas, and voila... Lexus ghost light on front doors and acrylic Lexus door still with magnets on two front doors.

Alright, enough with lights, moving on to the other trinkets

#1 Team Heko in-channel vent visors. #2 Door edge guards on all four doors. #3 Door handle bowl protective sticker to prevent nails scratching on all four doors, they are small, but real pain in the rear to install -.- all those concave surfaces and that tiny piece of film just slides all over the place. I think after the first wet one I installed the rest of them dry lol

I got a Rear Bumper Decoration Frame Cover Trim, and let me tell you, it looks great.

Then on tires I have metal alloy air valve stem caps with anti seize grease inside, which hopefully ads some sort of barrier to prevent two different metals to fuse together, as those caps prone to.

Are we done yet? Yes... with the exterior, now we can look on the inside haha
Just on one image below we have 5 mods alone haha with #5 armrest, I will talk separately little later

#1 Silver Alloy (Aluminum) Center Control AC Switch **** Trim Rings + Matt Silver Emergency Light Switch Frame. The Light Switch Frame is made out of either the Aluminum or as advertised out of Steel, but this is the second one I have purchased, the first one was made out of plastic, even though it was advertised as steel, so I just ordered another one from a different seller and asked them if it was made out of the metal and not plastic, which they told me that is was indeed made out of metal.

#2 Probably the most expensive center piece haha - Crystal Shift ****, which is supposedly made from high quality lead-free crystal.

#3 Is 16 pcs Rubber Door Groove Mats which I put in every nook and cranny that I could find lol I mean all the slots and pockets everywhere has one of these mats.

#4 Is probably the best thing that I could find to cover that hideous piano black that eeeeveryone looooves riiight It is called something like Peach Wood Interior Center Console Gear Armrest Box Panel Cover Trim blah blah blah... You got the idea, there are like 20 different pieces, and you can buy them all as a kit for a very low price of about $200 Anyway, I only got a few pieces that are right in front of my face, and I will be constantly touching most of the time, like 1 right air vent; 2 left air vent; 3 gas cap and trunk release buttons; 4,5, and 6 comes as one set and the biggest one. The rest of pieces not really needed.

#5 Armrest / Center Console Cover. As you can see, my interior is a black/rich cream color, which is basically white, and that center console cover will get dirty and will get abused on a daily basis; so I figured in order to protect and preserve it, I better cover it up. I have got two of those covers; the first one did not have the OPEN on both sides and it came little wrinkled, then I found a different and better one that has OPEN on both sides and it was packaged very nicely in a hard tube to prevent any wrinkles. I put it on and voila, everything is protected.

The next one that you cannot see is ummm let's make it #5a would be something that sits inside that center console and that is "Center Console Organizer Tray Console Insert Box" This divides that one huge and deep console storage area onto something manageable and easy to store some little junk pieces separately. So nice to have and I love it.

The next item that I have got is this TPU film for dash board LCS screen. Just to protect the screen from any unnecessary scratches.

And next to the dash screen we have whaaaat? Yes, infotainment screen, and that is the area that I think really needs some protection from all your fingers touching it all day, every day, day and night, 24/7, 365.... Anyway, the next item that I have is tempered glass film protector.

Alright, we are finally done with the interior, now I have just a few more trinkets / items that are just cool or nice to have.
The first one being a car sunglass holder that is hanging from the visor. Yes, I know NX has built-in holder for glasses, but it is really shallow for whatever reason, and I can't even fit my sun glasses in there So I had to come up with an alternative solution below.

I got Custom Fit Windshield Foldable Sunshade, which is thick and firm that has to be folded. It is not one of those flimsy ones that can be rolled into a tube.

Another trinket that I have is Rust-proof Door Limiting Stopper Cover, why? you may ask, why not is my answer.

I got a bunch of different car key case covers, I mean I literally have eight different ones just because when I got a few cases that I liked, but they came with a metal key ring, which I really dislike. So I bought more cases that I do not like much, but they have key ring that is attaches with leather straps, so I mix and match those cases with leather strap rings, and then I bought even more just the leather straps by themselves, and different rings by themselves, and so after all that mess, I only have two fobs that I really like, and out of those two I only use one that has a clear cover haha, because I need to see clearly a blinking LED when I put the fob into a sleep mode.

Next item on my short list is VIOFO A139 Pro 4K HDR Dash Camera + Upgraded OBD2 Power Cable to power the camera while the ignition is ON or OFF, so if needed I can use the camera in parking mode when the vehicle is turned off, or with a push of a button the camera will turn itself off when the vehicle is off, and when I do not need 24h recording.

This is the last item on my list of items that have. Do I need it, probably not, but do I want it, heck YES. So I spent a few bucks on.... wait for it.... waaaait for it.... 2024 LAUNCH X431 Elite OBD2 Scanner for Toyota Lexus, Full System Bi-Directional Diagnostic Scan Tool, All Reset Service Code Reader with Lifetime Free Updates. BAM! This thing is pretty much like a scan tool they have at the dealers, yes it is slower, yes it is smaller, but can do pretty much most of the things that dealers can, and now so can you. It only works on Toyotas and Lexus, or you would have to buy additional vehicles or services otherwise and pay yearly subscription, but we do not care about those, because all we need is is something that we can scan or modify on our Lexus, which we can do with this tool for free and with life updates.

Alright, now I am truly done. Let me know what you think, and what you have on your pimped Lexus, but please do not quote this post for your replies haha

Do you have the link to the illuminated door sills?
Old 02-16-24, 04:18 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Just curious what is your total running bill thus far? Lol
I do not know and I do not want to know
AmyInTX (02-18-24)
Old 02-16-24, 04:54 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
Do you have the link to the illuminated door sills?
I do not remember where I bought mines at, as it has been a few years ago, before I even bought my car haha However, I was able to find a few places that sell them. I may even got mines there
On AliExpress (while supplies last) $30 -> https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806083673375.html I threw away my old sills and got this one, and it is better than the old one, as well as little shorter, but still had to cut off the ends, but I love this one.
Currently cost $100 $50 -> https://cardoorsills.com/products/le...42220751061169
Found another one that has 7 different styles to chose from + color choices for about $50 -> https://aoonuauto.com/products/lexus...-powered-by-aa
Another place cost $100 -> https://www.carledlogo.com/led-door-...us-door-sills/
Another one for $100 but with 4 different styles to chose from -> https://www.anoauto.com/product/cust...-sills-lights/
Found some on Amazon even lol ->
Amazon Amazon
You can also find a bunch of these on AliExpress, you can try looking for Lexus sills, but a lot of them call them custom sills, so play around with what you are searching.

Now, let me warn you and everybody else who want to purchase these sills. WARNING!!! Those door sills are little too long for NX doors. They all come at about 21.6" long (550 mm). But the bottom of the door has only about 18" of flat space, then that floor start to idk how to say it, concave or basically there is a radius that goes into the pillars. So in order to use them, I had to peel the backing to see where is the circuit board with LED's starts/ends, and then using a Dremel multitool I chopped ends on both sides to the max up to the circuit board, there are also magnets on those ends that I had to eliminate, because they were in that chop off zone, but even without those two magnets there are other magnets there that they hold everything in place. I also sealed both of those cut off ends with clear silicon, so no moisture can get inside.

Last edited by oreon333; 04-26-24 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-17-24, 11:08 AM
gamma742
Intermediate

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

@oreon333 Do you have a Link for the Console Cover?

Old 02-17-24, 03:59 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gamma742
@oreon333 Do you have a Link for the Console Cover?
I sure do ->
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by oreon333; 02-17-24 at 04:14 PM.
gamma742 (02-17-24)
Old 02-18-24, 10:40 AM
AmyInTX
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you provide a link for the acrylic lighted door sills?

Quick Reply: Pimp my ride