NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Can Not Share Digital Key

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-24, 05:41 PM
Banachan
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Can Not Share Digital Key

After downloading my digital key successfully, I tried to share my digital key with my wife by sending an invite.
The invite shows it was sent successfully, but my wife never received it.
Any idea what could be the issue why the invite might not actually be getting through?
I tried resending the invite several times to no avail.

Last edited by Banachan; 03-20-24 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-21-24, 07:27 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 567 Likes on 375 Posts
Question Known Problem

Originally Posted by Banachan
After downloading my digital key successfully, I tried to share my digital key with my wife by sending an invite.
Any idea what could be the issue why the invite might not actually be getting through?
Known problem , some discussion in previous threads. Part of the overall Lexus profile/key poor integration problem people have been fighting for 2 years with gen 2 NX. Good Luck.

YMMV,
MidCow3
The following users liked this post:
Banachan (03-21-24)
Old 03-22-24, 08:01 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 577 Likes on 408 Posts

In US there is actually decent customer service support for the. Call the customer experience centre number and they might be able to help you.

In Canada Lexus Canada has no real customer service.
Banachan (03-22-24)
Old 03-31-24, 07:36 AM
NetDoc
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default One problem solved...another created

Originally Posted by Banachan
I had this problem and realized that the +1 before the mobile number was the issue. Just used the 10 digit number and the invitation arrived.

HOWEVER, when my wife tried to use the invitation, it required her to get a confirmation text. Every time the confirmation number was entered it said "Internal Server Error." We tried signing out, issuing a new key, everything. Stuck at this point. Perhaps it is a Sunday holiday and their servers are down? Anybody?
Banachan (03-31-24)
Old 03-31-24, 12:00 PM
King2024
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had the same "internal server issue" on Friday. The tech in front of me told me to wait for next Monday...
Banachan (03-31-24)
Old 03-31-24, 12:52 PM
NetDoc
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Figured it out

Found this on Reddit. If you logout and login with your phone number, NOT your email, it will verify your phone with a code. Then the digital key workflow works. Pretty sure my salesperson insisted I use the phone number and not the user name when he did this with me originally. Now I know why...
The following 2 users liked this post by NetDoc:
Banachan (03-31-24), DaveGS4 (03-31-24)
Old 03-31-24, 05:01 PM
Banachan
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NetDoc
I had this problem and realized that the +1 before the mobile number was the issue. Just used the 10 digit number and the invitation arrived.

HOWEVER, when my wife tried to use the invitation, it required her to get a confirmation text. Every time the confirmation number was entered it said "Internal Server Error." We tried signing out, issuing a new key, everything. Stuck at this point. Perhaps it is a Sunday holiday and their servers are down? Anybody?
It worked! Your tip did the trick on the first go.
So the procedure I did was (on iPhone):
1. Go to my Lexus app, then click on "Invite New User".
2. Enter the First and Last Name who you want to invite (in my case, my wife), then enter the cell no. WITHOUT the +1 ---> this did the trick - THANK YOU!
3. The invite is now shown on my app as "Pending".
4. My wife got the invite on her text, and she clicked on the invite.
5. The invite stated that she needed to download the Lexus app. Since this is the very first time, she downloaded it from the App Store.
6. The next step was confusing for me, as I did not know if I needed to put my credentials or does my wife need to register her own account. I went for the latter as I thought that the invite used her cell no. so it made sense to have her own account.
7. My wife inputted her registration info, name, phone again, email, pw, then click on done. It then emails my wife with an Activation Code (a bit tricky as she switches between the email and the app).
8. The wife's app / phone then automatically wanted to pair with the car's Bluetooth, so I had to walk close to the car and it automatically paired with the car.
9. The app then started to download the Smart Digital Key. This took about a minute or so.
10. Once downloaded, my wife can now see the remote controls. BUUUUUT, it only showed the "Lock" and "Unlock". No option for the "Start". Not sure if this is normal.
11. I tested the remote lock and unlock function on my wife's phone and it worked just fine.
12. I checked my phone Shared Key invite and it now shows "On".

Just happy that I got this far once I got past the +1 anomaly.
Next is to figure out what the SHARED Smart Key options/functions are, e.g. how to activate "Start" if that's possible.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Banachan; 03-31-24 at 07:37 PM.