NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

1st Purchase: Need Help on 2022 NX350 or NX250?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-24, 12:58 PM
Aussiemom2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gamma742
I mean, Lexus did try offering the UX 200 but it didn't do well in the US so they dropped it leaving the UX 250h ...so it wouldn't surprise me if in a few years from now they drop the NX 250, No one wants to buy a car that the manufacturer discontinues 3-4 years later. Right?
gamma742, that is info that I didn't know. Thanks a bunch. The 250 is off the table.
Old 03-25-24, 05:24 PM
Aussiemom2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by midcow3
2022 350 NX sounds like an excellent choice and IMHO a better long term vehicle than a 2021 Jaguar F-PACE S, Enjoy your Lexus

YMMV,
MidCow3

P,S. - Reline is the best color .... it goes faster and purrs louder
Thanks so much, MidCow3. I'm hoping for a candy apple red with cream interior if I can find one. I don't know which years have it. 🤔 The poor guy, lol, who is going to shop Lexus Dealer Sales for me has some pretty specific things to look for, and no luck so far.
Old 03-25-24, 05:36 PM
Aussiemom2
Driver School Candidate

I wrote:
Hopefully this will be my last auto, so for the cost, I need to purchase very wisely. My budget will allow for a nice 2022 NX250 AWD Premium or NX350 AWD S Luxury. Can anyone tell me if 2022 is a good one for these Models? Or, what are the best years, in y'all's experienced opinions, and years that I should avoid.
[/QUOTE]
Y'all, after seeing so many with a NX350h, I am giving it some thought. (In other words, Hell may have just frozen over!) I do have a couple of questions if y'all don't mind. Where do you plug yours in? The garage, with the Charger it comes with? How does this affect your energy bill each month? As a single lady, this is important info! 🤑
Old 03-25-24, 05:57 PM
Droid13
Racer

Received 573 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by Aussiemom2
Y'all, after seeing so many with a NX350h, I am giving it some thought. (In other words, Hell may have just frozen over!) I do have a couple of questions if y'all don't mind. Where do you plug yours in? The garage, with the Charger it comes with? How does this affect your energy bill each month? As a single lady, this is important info! 🤑
Please note the NX350h does not plug in to charge the hybrid battery. You just put gas in it like any other car. This model will automatically use and charge the battery as needed to blend the efficiency of the gas engine with the efficiency of electric drive as appropriate for each. Although this model is capable of very short drives on electric power only, a vast majority of the time it continuously shifts and combines both electric and gas to propel the vehicle. It is the NX450h+ that can be plugged in. The hybrid battery on these has much greater capacity, and the vehicle is capable of driving medium distances on electric power only. Some manage to rarely use the gas engine at all.

Last edited by Droid13; 03-25-24 at 06:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
asteria (03-26-24)
Old 03-25-24, 06:26 PM
Aussiemom2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Droid13
Please note the NX350h does not plug in to charge the hybrid battery. You just put gas in it like any other car. This model will automatically use and charge the battery as needed to blend the efficiency of the gas engine with the efficiency of electric drive as appropriate for each. Although this model is capable of very short drives on electric power only, a vast majority of the time it continuously shifts and combines both electric and gas to propel the vehicle. It is the NX450h+ that can be plugged in. The hybrid battery on these has much greater capacity, and the vehicle is capable of driving medium distances on electric power only. Some manage to rarely use the gas engine at all.
Droid13, thank you!!! I just spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to distinguish a regular hybrid from a plug in hybrid just by looking at the model. I knew the difference between the two, but when perusing a Lexus page of SUVs, didn't see any NX350h+. That might have given me a heads up. So there is a plus sign after the hybrid. I told y'all I am new at this! 😅
Old 03-25-24, 06:36 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 566 Likes on 375 Posts
Lightbulb

Thanks so much, MidCow3. I'm hoping for a candy apple red with cream interior if I can find one. I don't know which years have it. 🤔 The poor guy, lol, who is going to shop Lexus Dealer Sales for me has some pretty specific things to look for, and no luck so far.
LOL the Redline color is pretty close to Candy Apple Red; I think it as close as Lexus gets unless Aussie's have a completely different.

set of colors which I don't think you do. This is my redline 2022 NX 350h

By the way, if you have any questions about the NX 350h feel free to ask.

YMMV,
​​​​​​​MidCow3
Old 03-25-24, 07:46 PM
Aussiemom2
Driver School Candidate

LOL the Redline color is pretty close to Candy Apple Red; I think it as close as Lexus gets unless Aussie's have a completely different.

set of colors which I don't think you do. This is my redline 2022 NX 350h

By the way, if you have any questions about the NX 350h feel free to ask.

YMMV,
MidCow3
​​​​​​​Pretty, pretty! I think my name may be misleading, lol. I'm a mom of two, actually three, Australian Shepherds! I live in Mississippi (I'm embarrassed to say). I have often wondered if people thought I was from Australia. Maybe I should change the name. 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for the NX350H offer of info. I may end up doing that before this journey is over.
Old 03-25-24, 08:26 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Droid13, thank you!!! I just spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to distinguish a regular hybrid from a plug in hybrid just by looking at the model. I knew the difference between the two, but when perusing a Lexus page of SUVs, didn't see any NX350h+. That might have given me a heads up. So there is a plus sign after the hybrid. I told y'all I am new at this! 😅
Plug in hybrids AKA electric vehicles are 450h+; hybrid is 350h. There are not any 350h+
Old 03-26-24, 12:36 AM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts

If you are willing to live with Jaguar reliability and will have an extended warranty, I'd get the Jaguar. There's no comparison as far as fun to drive, especially if you're getting the S. Only reason to get a Lexus is if you want a hybrid, as there's nothing else really comparable at that point.

2022 NX reliability doesn't look too great.
https://www.consumerreports.org/cars...2/reliability/

CR doesn't have data on F-Pace reliability.
Old 03-26-24, 10:23 AM
Aussiemom2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oreon333
Plug in hybrids AKA electric vehicles are 450h+; hybrid is 350h. There are not any 350h+
Again, I am learning. TY
Old 03-26-24, 03:35 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 566 Likes on 375 Posts
Question Jaguar ??

Originally Posted by anoop
If you are willing to live with Jaguar reliability and will have an extended warranty, I'd get the Jaguar. There's no comparison as far as fun to drive, especially if you're getting the S. Only reason to get a Lexus is if you want a hybrid, as there's nothing else really comparable at that point.

2022 NX reliability doesn't look too great.
https://www.consumerreports.org/cars...2/reliability/

CR doesn't have data on F-Pace reliability.
IMHO Jaguar reliability long-term questionable, but you had one before. ..and in your case @anoop may be correct you might like the Jaguar better.

cool screen now that you 'splained it. Mississippi is okay

YMMV,
MidCow3

P.S. I love the 2022 Lexus NX 350h for Luxury and trips, but it seems big and lumberly.. I mostly drive my 2023 Prius LE, more sport, more fun, phenomenal mpg. Or when I need my adrenaline fix, the 2018 6 speed manual shift Ford Focus RS, 0-60 4.5 seconds

Old 03-26-24, 05:28 PM
Aussiemom2
Driver School Candidate

IMHO Jaguar reliability long-term questionable, but you had one before. ..and in your case @anoop may be correct you might like the Jaguar better.

cool screen now that you 'splained it. Mississippi is okay

YMMV,
MidCow3

P.S. I love the 2022 Lexus NX 350h for Luxury and trips, but it seems big and lumberly.. I mostly drive my 2023 Prius LE, more sport, more fun, phenomenal mpg. Or when I need my adrenaline fix, the 2018 6 speed manual shift Ford Focus RS, 0-60 4.5 seconds
MidCow3, I finally have a test drive scheduled for a NX350 tomorrow. Then I will have that comparison completed. I'm still not sold on the 350h. As much as my heart is wanting to stay with a Jag, I'm probably going to go with a Lexus for the sake of reliability. I am on a fixed income and single at 56 years of age. Not the greatest spot to be in if I buy a car that needs to be replaces 6-7 years down the road. Leasing is out because I cannot afford a monthly payment of that size. As for the 2022 model 350, if you have knowledge of a better 2nd Gen year, I would really appreciate it. Car and Driver and MotorTrend both rate the 2022 highly. Honestly MidCow3, I am just really tired and ready to buy my next vehicle! 😳
Old 03-26-24, 07:34 PM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

I have a 2022 350H luxury and it’s great! Great gas mileage and great audio (Mark Levinson). Everything works perfectly. Good luck!
Old 03-26-24, 07:44 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Just get yourself any Lexus that you like, and it will be your last vehicle that you have to buy
Old 03-27-24, 05:22 AM
Aussiemom2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dkaplan
I have a 2022 350H luxury and it’s great! Great gas mileage and great audio (Mark Levinson). Everything works perfectly. Good luck!
Thank you so much. 😃 I'm excited!

Quick Reply: 1st Purchase: Need Help on 2022 NX350 or NX250?