NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Updated info on 2022 NX 450h+ recall for DC-DC inverter issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-24, 05:10 PM
blackblue
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated info on 2022 NX 450h+ recall for DC-DC inverter issue

This is a summary of conversations last week with Lexus Customer Engagement (LCE) and the selling Californian dealer about the 2022 Lexus NX 450h+ recall for the DC-DC inverter issue (23LA01/23LB01, https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/202...3V478-5744.PDF). I believe this new information would apply to all customers, but check with your dealer to be sure.
  • When will the problem be fixed? (The NHTSA recall notice says Q4 2023 and it hasn’t been updated.)
    • In December 2023, the dealer told me the fix was being rolled out incrementally across the country and California would be getting it toward the end. They say parts would be available in “mid-February.”
    • In March 2024, the dealer told me the first fix didn’t solve the problem, so they’re working on a new solution. When will the second fix be available? “It could be six months, it could be a year, we really don’t know.”
    • The LCE answer to the same question last week was also they didn’t know. One brand representative said Q3 2024 and then immediately corrected that to “we don’t know.”
  • What should a customer do if they want to be able to plug-in their PHEV without a risk of fire? What should they do now when there is no remedy? The initial LCE answer was to talk to the dealer about getting a loaner. The LCE Case Manager closed the case at this point, since their solution to the incident is left to the dealer. After talking to the dealer, it was clear that, for many reasons, they didn’t want to provide a loaner for what could be several months. After calling LCE back and opening a new case, the recommended action is to “just wait for it to be fixed.”
  • Can the vehicle be traded in, when it has an open recall with no fix? [LCE] No, that’s not possible. [Dealer] Yes, we’ll take it as a trade-in, but we won’t be able to sell it as Lexus Certified. It can only be resold as a normal used car.
  • Will Lexus provide any financial assistance if a customer wants to trade-in a recalled car now for a new Lexus NX? No. [LCE] Any deal a customer makes with a dealer is wholly controlled by that dealer and Lexus Corporate won’t contribute any incentive or compensation to the deal or the customer.
  • LCE won’t put anything in writing. All communication must be real-time verbal – no texts or email.
Old 03-29-24, 12:29 AM
LuxNx
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus Plugin: DC to DC converter recall feedback

Originally Posted by blackblue
This is a summary of conversations last week with Lexus Customer Engagement (LCE) and the selling Californian dealer about the 2022 Lexus NX 450h+ recall for the DC-DC inverter issue (23LA01/23LB01, https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/202...3V478-5744.PDF). I believe this new information would apply to all customers, but check with your dealer to be sure.
  • When will the problem be fixed? (The NHTSA recall notice says Q4 2023 and it hasn’t been updated.)
    • In December 2023, the dealer told me the fix was being rolled out incrementally across the country and California would be getting it toward the end. They say parts would be available in “mid-February.”
    • In March 2024, the dealer told me the first fix didn’t solve the problem, so they’re working on a new solution. When will the second fix be available? “It could be six months, it could be a year, we really don’t know.”
    • The LCE answer to the same question last week was also they didn’t know. One brand representative said Q3 2024 and then immediately corrected that to “we don’t know.”
  • What should a customer do if they want to be able to plug-in their PHEV without a risk of fire? What should they do now when there is no remedy? The initial LCE answer was to talk to the dealer about getting a loaner. The LCE Case Manager closed the case at this point, since their solution to the incident is left to the dealer. After talking to the dealer, it was clear that, for many reasons, they didn’t want to provide a loaner for what could be several months. After calling LCE back and opening a new case, the recommended action is to “just wait for it to be fixed.”
  • Can the vehicle be traded in, when it has an open recall with no fix? [LCE] No, that’s not possible. [Dealer] Yes, we’ll take it as a trade-in, but we won’t be able to sell it as Lexus Certified. It can only be resold as a normal used car.
  • Will Lexus provide any financial assistance if a customer wants to trade-in a recalled car now for a new Lexus NX? No. [LCE] Any deal a customer makes with a dealer is wholly controlled by that dealer and Lexus Corporate won’t contribute any incentive or compensation to the deal or the customer.
  • LCE won’t put anything in writing. All communication must be real-time verbal – no texts or email.
Hi, My Lexus NX 450 h+ MY 2022 had the DC to DC converter recall applied by past February end.
The intervention was applied together with Second Year maintenance in less than 3 hours.
It was a long Waiting for it also here in Italy.
I had to push for it as I was not any more able to start a recharge at any pubblic station either as car was not commuting to charge mode or charging session was aborted as consequence of a First high current peak.
Such issue was not happening if using domestic overnight recharge from a 230V/2,1A plug.
Now everithing works fine, but EV range is no more effective as before: it is always showing 73 to 75 km and not 83-85 km as before, using same pubblic recharging station.
We'll see if during Summer it will go back to the past performances.

​​​​​​Besides the Dealer told me that My Car was the First to have the recall applied as it is related to MY2022 early production VIN's.

Last edited by LuxNx; 03-30-24 at 05:08 AM.
Old 03-29-24, 06:19 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 600 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by blackblue
If the DC to DC converter recall does not work, then we would be seeing another recall for all 450h+ sold since launch recalled again. I believe some states were getting it late February. It would definitely cause a bigger recall if the fix did not work.