Search this Thread

Old 05-12-24, 10:01 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

- Physical climate control buttons.
- Get rid of piano black.
- Get rid of RFT and add a spare.
- Body colored wheel arch trim instead of black.
- RX style trunk cover instead of strings holding the cover.
- Regular door handles instead of electric ones.
- Simplified steering controls (should not multiple steps to get to the desired function).
- A setting to allow auto reset of trip odometer after fill up.
- Capless fuel fill. A minor thing I know but really appreciate it on the RDX.

(I have all this feedback without even owning one!)

Last edited by anoop; 05-12-24 at 10:06 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by anoop:
Doug007 (05-13-24), Dunerking (07-07-24), NX450Guy (05-12-24), websurfer (05-13-24)
Old 05-12-24, 10:13 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 531 Likes on 347 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by anoop
- Simplified steering controls (should not multiple steps to get to the desired function).

WOW, I would really, really would like too see your ideas if you owned an NX
The following users liked this post:
NX450Guy (05-12-24)
Old 05-12-24, 10:21 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 531 Likes on 347 Posts

I really would like the Lexus design engineers to go back and look at the two Toyotas: RAV4 and RAV4 Prime. There are a lot of things that Toyta did correclty and Lexus changed for no good reason, just because they could. In many cases Lexus should take a step back and put the good thing back in: e.g. Home screen, spare tire, simple HVAC control, etc.

YMMV,
MidCow3
Doug007 (06-10-24)
Old 05-12-24, 10:31 PM
tundotcom
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Kennethtr
12 in MID, Standard LED signal on the front, I get you can upgrade to triple beam to get that but it’s only on luxury, f sport package or 450h+, but the fact it’s a Lexus and has incandescent turn signals is embarrassing.
Yes it's very cheap on their part but it's a quick swap for those turn signals.
Old 05-13-24, 12:02 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 309 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by anoop

Good list.

RFT is the big neg though. No spare tire was almost a show stopper.

No jack and lug wrench also. I had to buy those separately.

I can live with the other nags. Toyota/Lexus wasted time, money and effort on the wrong things.
Dunerking (07-07-24)
Old 05-13-24, 02:22 PM
Doug007
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Tire Pressure Monitor

The first gen NX had the ability to view tire PSI on the MFD. Get rid of the G-force meter which seems superfluous and put the PSI in its place. At present you have to go through the screens to check tire pressure. This came up with me since I had a recent slow leak due to a screw.
Xanadu350 (05-14-24)
Old 06-09-24, 04:51 PM
NX450Guy
Pit Crew

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by NX450Guy
I love my NX 450, but was hoping to see more changes on the 2025 model. Was wondering what you would like to see improved in the future. I’ll start:

1) 12 volt capacity - goes without saying

2) Walkway timer autolock. Seems weird it’s not standard.

3) Add a sound to door locks so you don’t have to look at the light to confirm you locked it. During the daylight hours, it can be hard to quickly spot the light.

What do you want to see added?
Lexus should make standard sensors that detect when windows are broken and have the app inform owners.
lsft (06-09-24)
Old 06-09-24, 10:28 PM
SeismicGuy
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug007
The first gen NX had the ability to view tire PSI on the MFD. Get rid of the G-force meter which seems superfluous and put the PSI in its place. At present you have to go through the screens to check tire pressure. This came up with me since I had a recent slow leak due to a screw.
That's something I had posted previously as a minor annoyance. Especially since there is already a blank space (I believe right after the g-force nonsense) that would already serve as a place for tire psi.
The following 2 users liked this post by SeismicGuy:
Doug007 (06-10-24), NX450Guy (06-09-24)
Old 06-10-24, 01:01 AM
Scorpio49
5th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Blind spot monitor warnings/notification should show up in the HUD display
Audible alert when blind spot monitor activated
The following 5 users liked this post by Scorpio49:
asteria (06-13-24), Bridge1821 (06-11-24), Doug007 (06-10-24), Freds430 (06-19-24), NX450Guy (06-10-24)
Old 06-11-24, 07:30 AM
Bridge1821
9th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most of the time I use the Lexus navigation system in my NX 350h instead of cell phone apps, but I'm really annoyed by the Lexus system's default compass setting. I prefer to have North-pointing display constant so the map isn't spinning all the time! Why can't that setting's default be changed? Please fix this, Lexus
NX450Guy (06-20-24)
Old 06-19-24, 12:45 AM
NX450Guy
Pit Crew

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

For the 2026 refresh, LEXUS should find a better way to hang the black cap for the electric plugin while charging. In theory we can wedge the cap onto the electric door cover, but it doesn’t hold very well. My Toyota gas cap fit well on the door without having to force it. I usually just let the MX electric cap dangle when charging because it’s such a pain to marry it with the door cover.
Old 06-19-24, 04:55 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,114 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by Scorpio49
Blind spot monitor warnings/notification should show up in the HUD display
Audible alert when blind spot monitor activated
Wife has a 2023 NX 350h and has no audible warning for BSM. I bought a 2024 RX 350h and it has an audible warning. So it can be done.
NX450Guy (06-20-24)
Old 06-19-24, 07:21 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 544 Likes on 381 Posts

I plan to keep my NX for a long time, I really like it and so far its treated me very well (fingers crossed) as did my RX right to its last day with me near 14 yrs age. But, I think if they came out with an NX500h model with the hybrid MAX system, Yea, Mmmmm, tasty! I would have a hard time to resist. That's the right (and by "right" I mean, Yea Baby) amount of power for an NX. The 500h models in the RX and TX for example gives those heavier larger vehicles "nice power", but just like Toyota is willing to plop a 300HP turbo engine into a Corolla, I think the NX should be allowed to come out and play too!

Having also lived quite a bit in the 20% Toyota world of Subaru, I miss a couple features they have:

a) Warning tones on the BSM (as many have pointed out)
b) Being able to put up a set of 3 gauges of your choice onto a center mounted MFD. With the Lexus 14" screen being so large and massively underutilized, I would like to see like an option for a couple inches of the left side be able to display some custom gauge choices instead of the one at a time MFD. I suppose this could lead into other better options like permanent home/Lexus buttons. So much wasted potential here. I grew up in the later era of command line and card reader computers, and I still remember seeing and using WIndows 1.0 and Macintosh systems and their muti-tasking multi-window systems for the first time. The Lexus interface while looking very pretty at casual glance, really reminds me of old DOS applications that could only do one thing at a time. Thank the car gods for at least AA or ACP to get us out of the 90s in terms of functional design.
NX450Guy (06-20-24)
Old 06-20-24, 05:58 PM
sightdev
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

"Warning tones on the BSM", I thought there is a setting in 'Driving Assist' where user can set "visual" or "visual&audible"?

I am on my second week ownership, I was surprised there is no 'tire pressure' report display on information stack on left corner. I thought this was norm for all modern vehicles now days? I can see the pressure from my phone app but that is just a snapshot of the moment. everything else is standard Lexus/normal features everything is in the familiar places so it's near perfect as it is in the price range. 350h first tank averaged 42MPG and A/C works nicely for a "hybrid". I do wish the root rail was more of the low profile common standard clamp style instead of the screw on type. I already have two crossbars and I can't use either one on the NX.
NX450Guy (06-20-24)
Old 06-21-24, 02:08 AM
Dunerking
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Wife likes her NX450h+ but only things I’d like to see would be the ability to odometer miles broken down between the electric mode and ICE mode. It would be helpful for maintenance reasons.
I’m also not a fan of a CVT transmission and would prefer something with a 8 or 10 speed trans like our Cayenne had.
And finally something not so “techy” …I don’t care for all the fluff gadgets.
NX450Guy (06-21-24)

Quick Reply: 2026 NX Improvement Ideas