NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

2026 NX Improvement Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-24, 08:11 PM
NX450Guy
Pit Crew

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Default 2026 NX Improvement Ideas

I love my NX 450, but was hoping to see more changes on the 2025 model. Was wondering what you would like to see improved in the future. I’ll start:

1) 12 volt capacity - goes without saying

2) Walkway timer autolock. Seems weird it’s not standard.

3) Add a sound to door locks so you don’t have to look at the light to confirm you locked it. During the daylight hours, it can be hard to quickly spot the light.

What do you want to see added?
The following users liked this post:
djsdriscoll (06-21-24)

Popular Reply

05-02-24, 09:07 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by NX450Guy

Add a sound to door locks so you don’t have to look at the light to confirm you locked it. During the daylight hours, it can be hard to quickly spot the light.
I use the auto mirror fold feature to make it easy to tell that the car is locked.
Old 05-02-24, 09:07 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Add a sound to door locks so you don’t have to look at the light to confirm you locked it. During the daylight hours, it can be hard to quickly spot the light.
I use the auto mirror fold feature to make it easy to tell that the car is locked.
The following 10 users liked this post by chuuck1e:
Bruce128 (06-12-24), corinvest (05-03-24), DampDuffer (05-03-24), djsdriscoll (06-21-24), dklanecky1 (06-20-24), NX450Guy (06-20-24), Rogert (05-03-24), romer (06-10-24), Sounds (06-30-24), Tom558 (06-09-24) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-02-24, 09:13 PM
NX450Guy
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by chuuck1e
That only works when you’re locking up from the outside. I’m talking about when I first jump in the driver’s seat, parked. I want to lock the door behind me rather than wait to have the door auto lock once I’m moving. The lock button has a couple of small raised patches so you can feel it the correct one, but it would be so much better if it just made a noise when you hit lock like my Toyota did.
Old 05-02-24, 09:41 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

That only works when you’re locking up from the outside. I’m talking about when I first jump in the driver’s seat, parked. I want to lock the door behind me rather than wait to have the door auto lock once I’m moving. The lock button has a couple of small raised patches so you can feel it the correct one, but it would be so much better if it just made a noise when you hit lock like my Toyota did.
OK, I misunderstood. I do not worry about locking the car when I am in it. I did not even know that there was an auto lock feature.
NX450Guy (06-20-24)
Old 05-02-24, 10:36 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

I believe there are a few options to set when you want the doors to lock and unlock, and there is an option to lock the doors when you put the car to drive I believe, I do not remember if you can set those yourself or dealership got to set that, but there are should be a few options to chose from. Look in a manual for customized options, it should tell you what the options and who can change them.
NX450Guy (06-20-24)
Old 05-02-24, 11:08 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 318 Likes on 248 Posts

Probably need one of those Bluetooth Veepeek+ or another OBD tool to custom some of the option like door locking.
NX450Guy (06-20-24)
Old 05-03-24, 12:20 AM
NX450Guy
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by oreon333
I believe there are a few options to set when you want the doors to lock and unlock, and there is an option to lock the doors when you put the car to drive I believe, I do not remember if you can set those yourself or dealership got to set that, but there are should be a few options to chose from. Look in a manual for customized options, it should tell you what the options and who can change them.
Yes, as I mentioned above, my car is set to auto lock as soon as you get above three miles per hour or so. The areas I think need improvement are

1) Walk away auto lock. If I walked away from old Corolla with the doors unlocked, after about five minutes it auto locked. I thought that was the norm for most cars these days. It’s a great security feature. Every once in a while I might forget to lock NX. With the app I can always check, and it will alert you if you walk away from the NX with you key after a few minutes. So that’s not an issue. There are work-arounds. It just would be nice to have that auto lock feature. I find it strange Lexus doesn’t include it in the NX.

2) INSIDE THE NX. Lack of auditory feedback when you hit the lock button. The first thing I do when I get into the NX is lock the door. Even though it auto locks when the NX drives away, often I’ll sit in it checking emails, etc., and I don’t want to leave the door unlocked. I just preferred hearing a “click” when I hit the door lock instead of having to rely on seeing a light to know it’s locked.

No big deal, just something I felt Lexus could improve on.
Old 05-03-24, 10:10 AM
TheCDN
Intermediate

Received 124 Likes on 90 Posts

• I agree NX450Guy. My same thoughts as you. I push the lock button on inside door and you don't hear anything as it's simply signalling the computer to deactivate our outside electric door handles. Wasn't sure it worked but as my wife will attest I've pushed the button on inside and she can't get in! I always take a few extra seconds to enjoy the quiet before she enters .
  • We have a dog and I don't know anyway to leave him in the car with the engine on and AC on and I can lock the doors and leave him in there safely. I could shut off car with AC on, exit, lock doors, then use remote start to start it back up but I believe it will only run for 10 minutes then shut back off.
  • Who ever on gods green earth thought that piano black would be incredibly desirable for car interiors doesn't even probably know how hard it is to keep a black piano clean in a 'childless' home let alone in a car!! Dust (hey look the windows were open while we went down that dirt road!), fingerprints, that piece of onion that fell out of your whopper, the coffee from when you actually hit a bump while your car was moving.... The finish isn't even the least bit scratch proof, it's gotta be the easiest thing to scratch I've ever come across! Hey this is fun, its very therapeutic.
  • A soft touch dash that doesn't scratch when you wipe it and there's no way to fix it other than put an oily film on it for the rest of its days.
  • I have a couple of pairs of sunglasses, Ray Bans, Serengeti's and when not wearing contacts I have prescription glasses. None of them fit into that teeny weenie eyeglass holder up by dome lights. Make it bigger!
  • While I like the touch sensitive dome and reading light feature they are a little dim and it is a pain in the *** to find them when your interior is dark dark I mean its good that its touch sensitive because I just slide my finger around till it turns one of them on. Why not have a little dim LED that lights up so you know where they are like the green ones used for door lock / mirror controls?
  • Come on, even after I had my wireless charger upgraded to new updated one it's so powerless sales staff now refer to it as a cell phone battery 'maintainer' because it really doesn't have the ability to bring your phone back to 100% at any perceptible speed. Why not switch to a toaster like slot that I see elsewhere it wouldn't matter that much how large your phone is then, I'm guessing the tray in place presently may not fit the new larger phones already.
  • That silly black plastic trim piece on bottom edge of doors that you can tap with your toe getting out of car and it falls off! Not Lexus quality.
  • Heater embedded in the large L insignia on front grill which is actually radar sensor so that when it gets clogged up with snow in winter you can melt it. It is a pretty well used safety feature that would surely come in very handy in snow storms where you already can't see well. I mean they put defrosters in windshield glass for wipers, defrost for windshield, same for side mirrors and back window too, why not same for radar too?
  • Redesign inner door handles to replicate how we all have muscle memory of for the old ones that have been around for like 200 years! Pull the door handle to open the door not push! Keep all the same technology to prevent 'dooring' cyclists etc I get that, just don't make every single person who will ever enter your vehicle for the ten years you own it ask you how to get the hell out of your car! I'll even give Lexus a little hand with the design ..... turn your door handle around 180 degrees so you have to pull it!!! There it works that way too!

Last edited by TheCDN; 05-03-24 at 05:26 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TheCDN:
mike995134 (06-23-24), NX450Guy (05-03-24)
Old 05-03-24, 10:21 AM
drox
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

While inside the car, a sound when locking would be useful... A sound when unlocking would also be useful.

Sometimes when I pull over someone tries to open the door before I unlock it. Then they wait for the sound of unlocking before trying again. But when I press the button it doesn't make a sound so I need to say that I've unlocked it.

Audio clues are useful.
The following 3 users liked this post by drox:
djsdriscoll (06-21-24), New2025NX (05-04-24), NX450Guy (05-03-24)
Old 05-03-24, 12:50 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Larger gas tank, possible? No
How about tweak software to get better gas mileage on the 350 f sport gas engine.

Get rid of the piano black there is much too much of it. This is not Japanese high end material nor organic, what happen to the Japan bamboo trim of long years ago that was organic and premium?

The driver display is way too small 7” is not the norm and it just looks cheap. Stretch it to at least 10” display.

Add stitching to the dash and passenger area to make it worthy of Lexus premium color coded to leather seating.
The following 3 users liked this post by Xanadu350:
Doug007 (06-10-24), mike995134 (06-23-24), NX450Guy (05-03-24)
Old 05-03-24, 01:09 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

I always thought the electronic luminescent backlit white displays with needles luminescence Lexus used on older vehicles was so very premium.

The digital displays now tend to have a cheaper non premium look.
The following 2 users liked this post by Xanadu350:
mike995134 (06-23-24), NX450Guy (05-03-24)
Old 05-03-24, 11:30 PM
Pandaroo
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Totally agree with the suggestions here.
  • Less piano black trim in the interior, it just looks cheap.
  • My wireless charger works OK, but I never use it as we still only have wired android auto in Australia. Also not a fan of wireless charging my phone as it produces too much heat for my liking.
  • Look for a better dash material, it scratched way too easily. However, the scratches can be covered very easily with an interior dressing like 303 protectant, gyeon preserve or carpro perl 1:5. They don't leave an oily or greasy finish.
  • I personally, encountered some plastic creaking sounds and squeak from my brakes. Better QC would be great.
NX450Guy (05-04-24)
Old 05-05-24, 09:15 AM
Skedadle
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by chuuck1e
Same here. Can tell if its locked without being near the car.

Never mind the person was talking about checking while being inside the car
Old 05-06-24, 12:52 AM
NX450Guy
Pit Crew

I love my NX 450, but was hoping to see more changes on the 2025 model. Was wondering what you would like to see improved in the future. I’ll start:

1) 12 volt capacity - goes without saying

2) Walkway timer autolock. Seems weird it’s not standard.

3) Add a sound to door locks so you don’t have to look at the light to confirm you locked it. During the daylight hours, it can be hard to quickly spot the light.

What do you want to see added?
1) Dash with material less susceptible to scratches.

2) Parking assist that also tells you when objects are about to contact the side mirrors.

3) Headrest that can adjust forward or backward, not just up or down.

As someone said, this really is cathartic!

Old 05-06-24, 01:13 AM
clmk
Driver

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

1) Dash with material less susceptible to scratches.

2) Parking assist that also tells you when objects are about to contact the side mirrors.

3) Headrest that can adjust forward or backward, not just up or down.

As someone said, this really is cathartic!
Agree on the dash, for a luxury car it needs a much much better dash material. Stitched leather like.

Headrest on the F-Sport seats can be adjusted forward and backward already.

A few other things I want to see:
Acoustic windows all around, not just front driver and passenger windows (these are great on the front, but i can always hear the noise coming through the back windows, do them all)
Rear wiper hidden at the top - top down (hide it at the top, will look much cleaner and nicer)
No piano black (terrible reflections, terrible dust magnet, scratches easily, etc.)
Generally more durable interior (it damages extremely easy, for a premium car it should be much more robust)
More responsive buttons on the steering wheel (have to rest my finger on them to make them work)
Physical airconditioning controls (not everything needs to be in the touch screen)
More reach on the steering wheel (I'm tall, I want the steering wheel closer but it doesnt come out any further)
Better storage bins under the rear (I've got all the spots for a jack, etc, yet they didnt give me those, that's dumb)
More noise insulation and/or refinement to the petrol engine (it can be quite noisy and chattery)
More PHEV battery range/larger battery (it's already great, but more is always better)
Better windscreen wiper sweep (to the edge of the windscreen)
Stronger hot air flow to the feet (my feet get cold on cold mornings)
An EV option with at least an 85kwh battery pack. Not a fan of the RZ450e... give us a NX500e with decent power, battery, efficiency and range.
The following 2 users liked this post by clmk:
Dunerking (06-21-24), Xanadu350 (05-06-24)

Quick Reply: 2026 NX Improvement Ideas