NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Settings Vehicle Customize Climate

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-24, 07:57 PM
oldsamII
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Settings Vehicle Customize Climate

On my 2023 NX 350 (gas), under the "Settings - Vehicle Customize / Climate" there is a list of 5 choices: +2, +1, 0, -1, -2.

In the Driver's manual, I cannot find any explanation for these choices.
What are they for? Default levels when selecting for seat heat or ventilation? Auto Climate? Remote Start defaults?
What impact would any one of those choices have?
What steps should I take to test a choice?
Old 05-17-24, 08:40 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 330 Likes on 258 Posts

I guess it seems like you can adjust the intensity.
Old 05-17-24, 09:06 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

I dunno exactly, but my thought were if you want those things to be hotter or colder by those amounts of degrees, like you want your steering wheel temperature to be +2 degrees warmer or a seat -2 colder from whatever the default temperature is set to
Old 05-18-24, 05:26 PM
TheCDN
Intermediate

Received 162 Likes on 114 Posts

See pg 753 (At least in my '22 owner's manual) under Customizable Features section 10-2, regarding Automatic air conditioning system. By making the adjustments you are increasing the max or min level of the temperature range available to you when operating. So increase the seat heater by +2 and now the maximum temperature setting with all three red bars lit up your seat temperature will be an additional +2 hotter (no relevant scale is provided other than you can up it by +1 or +2 or lower it as well by -1 or -2). So essentially hot can go a little hotter and cold can go a little colder.
I found +2 for steering wheel max heat was quite 'roasty toasty'. It was a little too hot, so it does actually make a decent adjustment.

Last edited by TheCDN; 05-18-24 at 05:30 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TheCDN:
Scorpio49 (06-08-24), websurfer (05-18-24)
Old 08-03-24, 11:05 AM
oldsamII
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me, these pluses and minuses feature is of little value.

What I want is the ability to set the “number of bars” when I press either the “seat with the heat” or the “seat with the fan”.

More to the point, when I select the “Auto” button for AutoClimate, I would prefer zero bars for the “seat with the fan”.

Currently, every time that I select “Auto”, there’s a background hiss noise that sounds like it is coming from the back of the car. I have to select the “seat with the fan” 3 times (to get zero bars) to turn off the air circulation in my seat.

Not only does the air circulation bother me (It may not bother anyone else!) but the hiss noise goes away.

How can I get AutoClimate to NOT activate the seat air circulation?
Old 08-04-24, 01:06 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

I guess it is your cooling seats that you do not like, or rather bothering you, so do not set your seats in Auto mode, but rather leave them in OFF. Because you have multiple different Auto modes for separate things, there is one for your steering wheel, there is one for yout climate, and there is one for your seats, so turn OFF auto for your seats and leave the rest ON and see how that goes.
Old 08-04-24, 05:30 PM
Droid13
Racer

Received 599 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by oldsamII
For me, these pluses and minuses feature is of little value.

What I want is the ability to set the “number of bars” when I press either the “seat with the heat” or the “seat with the fan”.

More to the point, when I select the “Auto” button for AutoClimate, I would prefer zero bars for the “seat with the fan”.

Currently, every time that I select “Auto”, there’s a background hiss noise that sounds like it is coming from the back of the car. I have to select the “seat with the fan” 3 times (to get zero bars) to turn off the air circulation in my seat.

Not only does the air circulation bother me (It may not bother anyone else!) but the hiss noise goes away.

How can I get AutoClimate to NOT activate the seat air circulation?
I think you've answered your own question. If you don't want the auto climate feature to manage your seat, keep the seat out of the auto setting (no bars = no ventilation). The setting persists thru engine starts so simply leave it off at least until winter comes and you want the seat heat, then you can either manually set it as you need, or use the auto setting then.

You could also try turning off the Climate Concierge function. This is supposedly what links the steering wheel and seat functions to the climate auto setting. I'm not sure what it does when its off though, I've never turned mine off.