NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

How is the reliability of these? Is it like a cockpit inside?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-24, 07:27 PM
RX350ok
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Sounds
Certainly is... It's such a nice vehicle... would be great if not for little hiccups... 2 months is long time.
Two months was no big deal for me because I'm the only driver. But, I don't understand why it's taking so long for you to get your 2nd key.
Old 06-01-24, 07:43 PM
Sounds
Advanced

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by RX350ok
Two months was no big deal for me because I'm the only driver. But, I don't understand why it's taking so long for you to get your 2nd key.
NX was purchase first week of July 2023...the letter came in April 2024...Have been out of state and could not obtain FOB2.
The following users liked this post:
RX350ok (06-01-24)
Old 06-01-24, 07:44 PM
Sounds
Advanced

Originally Posted by DenverRx
I felt claustrophobic in the Gen 1 NX loaners I had (I'm 5'11 165lb; not a big guy). The new NX is worlds better; similar to my old RX.
6'1" at 170... have to duck slightly to get in but plenty of head room once inside.
Old 06-01-24, 07:50 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 531 Likes on 347 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by weaver483
I have owned multiple Lexus vehicles over the years and the service was great until the last few years. Lexus service is definitely not what it used to be and from my experience using 3 different dealerships since ~ 2012 to present has not been good. Maybe its more difficult to find good employees, less training on newer technology or Lexus sales volume has increased. I don't know but my next car will probably not be a Lexus. On the other hand maybe all brands have the same issues. Best of luck on your next vehicle purchase.
I agree completely. I have owned 4 Lexuses and the service in the past had been great. I am using the same dealership, Northside Lexus, Spring, TX that I have used for the past 3 Lexuses. They moved about five years ago to Spring and got a lot bigger dealership and the service has gone downhill and the wait/service time has gone up significantly. It has gotten so bad, that I am considering just using an excellent very local automotive service, Christian Brothers Automotive for all my Lexus service except any warranty issues that might occur. Contrary, a local Toyota Center I use, Tejas Toyota, Humble, TX, still gives excellent, timely service..

Good Luck

YMMV,
MidCow3
weaver483 (06-02-24)
Old 06-01-24, 08:15 PM
jeeper2269
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is very helpful.. Thank you.
Old 06-01-24, 08:25 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 531 Likes on 347 Posts
Lightbulb cockpit

The space specs show it should seem pretty large; However it maybe is somewhat cockpit like. And I never was able to adjust it so it feels fully comfortable; but maybe that is just me. Try out the NX before you buy and make sure you can adjust the fit so it is comfortable and feels good to you. See specs below; It is plenty big

YMMV,
MidCow3
jeeper2269 (06-02-24)
Old 06-01-24, 08:34 PM
jeeper2269
Intermediate

Originally Posted by websurfer
Which model of the NX you are looking at?

https://www.lexus.com/content/dam/le...X-Brochure.pdf

NX are all have RFTs but you can replace them but there aren't that many choices are RFTs. Bridgestone Alenza is the one that's on my vehicle. If you are looking at the NX hybrid, the 12V battery doesn't charge that well. Another thread has details.

I had a GS before and NX isn't that powerful and NX has less HP also.
probably a 2022 or 23 350 F Sport AWD in black or blue. The 0-60 time seems to be substantially better than all the other vehicles we are looking at, so I am sure she will be happy with the power.

The newly mentioned customer service issues have me a little concerned though. Especially regarding the windshield. We have a lot of construction in San Antonio (we recently moved here and I am changing my signature momentarily). My wife’s Bronco just had the windshield cracked. If there is no way to get a replacement in a reasonable amount of time, that’s a problem. I guess I can always check with the local dealerships and see what they say about them.
Old 06-01-24, 10:13 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 309 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by jeeper2269
probably a 2022 or 23 350 F Sport AWD in black or blue. The 0-60 time seems to be substantially better than all the other vehicles we are looking at, so I am sure she will be happy with the power.

The newly mentioned customer service issues have me a little concerned though. Especially regarding the windshield. We have a lot of construction in San Antonio (we recently moved here and I am changing my signature momentarily). My wife’s Bronco just had the windshield cracked. If there is no way to get a replacement in a reasonable amount of time, that’s a problem. I guess I can always check with the local dealerships and see what they say about them.
I'm concerned about windshield cracks also. Mostly it happened to sedans in my past experiences.

There's a product call "Windshield protection film". I have been researching it for a bit lately myself but I saw Chicago Auto Pros that it distortion the view and stopped looking.

Here's another video:

If anyone is an expert in this area, please share more.

I guess I'll share a short summary of my Lexus dealership experience.
Lexus service at dealership is hit or miss. I use the Hendrick Auto Group in our area (Pleasanton) and they are good for now.

When I first visited my dealership, a service advisor gave bad advice and attitude so I filled out a negative review for him and he was let go. I then try a few other service advisors and found 1 SA that was very helpful and excellent. Some SA are not organized or non-technical with vehicles and more like service salesperson. So I always try to look for that experienced SA when I visit that dealership.

Salespeople make money only when they sell the vehicle, I would avoid the aggressive salesperson and find one willing to listen and help.
jeeper2269 (06-02-24)
Old 06-02-24, 07:41 AM
jeeper2269
Intermediate

Originally Posted by websurfer
I'm concerned about windshield cracks also. Mostly it happened to sedans in my past experiences.

There's a product call "Windshield protection film". I have been researching it for a bit lately myself but I saw Chicago Auto Pros that it distortion the view and stopped looking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMUf7DK9JdM&t=454s

Here's another video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rg5bTZxWu8

If anyone is an expert in this area, please share more.

I guess I'll share a short summary of my Lexus dealership experience.
Lexus service at dealership is hit or miss. I use the Hendrick Auto Group in our area (Pleasanton) and they are good for now.

When I first visited my dealership, a service advisor gave bad advice and attitude so I filled out a negative review for him and he was let go. I then try a few other service advisors and found 1 SA that was very helpful and excellent. Some SA are not organized or non-technical with vehicles and more like service salesperson. So I always try to look for that experienced SA when I visit that dealership.

Salespeople make money only when they sell the vehicle, I would avoid the aggressive salesperson and find one willing to listen and help.
This is very interesting. Jeep recently added Gorilla glass as an option for the windshield from the factory, as they are much more prone to damage. However, I have heard mixed reviews on them.

I really think customer service took a hit across all industries when COVID hit.

My wife and I moved to San Antonio a little over a year ago and I have never experienced such horrible customer service in my life. Whether we have doctor appointments, vet appointments, or vehicle maintenance appointments, there is ALWAYS a wait. It is very frustrating, to say the least. And the attitude we get from staff is unbelievable. I won't even get started on the drivers in this city.

Anyway, thank you for the information and input.
Old 06-02-24, 08:34 AM
Sounds
Advanced

Originally Posted by jeeper2269
This is very interesting. Jeep recently added Gorilla glass as an option for the windshield from the factory, as they are much more prone to damage. However, I have heard mixed reviews on them.

I really think customer service took a hit across all industries when COVID hit.

My wife and I moved to San Antonio a little over a year ago and I have never experienced such horrible customer service in my life. Whether we have doctor appointments, vet appointments, or vehicle maintenance appointments, there is ALWAYS a wait. It is very frustrating, to say the least. And the attitude we get from staff is unbelievable. I won't even get started on the drivers in this city.

Anyway, thank you for the information and input.
Going off subject for a minute.... The less I deal with anyone the happier I am. 3 kinds of peopled in the world... Professionals, Hucksters and Hackers.
jeeper2269 (06-02-24)