NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Next Lexus nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-24, 11:48 AM
Billst
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsFAB
I hope that you get an answer from customer service. I worked for Lexus corporate headquarters in Texas, USA. It was a freaking nightmare. The way that they treated customers and tried to just pass off things was ridiculous. I heard stories like this and worse. The customers were angry and justly so, because they spent a lot of money on a premium car and the cars were not dependable. The customer service was lacking. I had to quit before I had a heart attack. But again, I am sorry that you had to go through this and I hope that you get some answers… one day.
Many thanks. I have finally been in touch with a very helpful CS agent in the U.K. I do, however appreciate her difficulties. It seems Lexus U.K. set all their cars on import to their postcode as a security password. But the dealer can subvert this by replacing it with their own. It seems this also prevents another dealer having full access. I did eventually get the 4 digit pin but it required a long drive without a speedometer in the national units and no working satnav or car settings. Clearly a spare third party satnav is an essential. Luckily I had an old Garmin. The main issues are twofold imho. Adequate help. Adequate essential equipment, a battery large enough to maintain such a car that is reliant for safety upon electrical power.
The following users liked this post:
weaver483 (06-27-24)
Old 06-27-24, 11:23 PM
Billst
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

May I give my heartfelt thanks to everyone who contributed here and in LexusOwnersClub.co.uk.

That help was probably the only thing that kept me sane. The initial help available from Lexus was appalling.

I am now back home after some thousands of miles driving - I called at my original dealer and it took 10 minutes to input a 4 digit numerical pin.
Why they forced this extremely disturbing situation upon me was not explained.
Perhaps they may be held to account ….

While I am still disturbed by the lack of help from Lexus, I can appreciate that the Lexus safety systems did probably save our lives while driving there.

It is some thousands of miles and days of experience that I would not wish on anyone.

So, Thankyou again to all on here that did help. I will post further after I have fully recovered.