Old 06-28-24, 04:30 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 532 Likes on 347 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Sounds
Please explain when and why to use.

Ours is 3 weeks old. Just took a 180m trip from
PA-Va. Penna Turnpike to 15S to Leesburg. Very impressed with performance/ride.
It gives you 2-3 miles of EV. Its usage ,well its 2-3 miles . If you have a son or daughter and they are coming in late for a date then maybe a usage.

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 06-28-24, 07:42 AM
Lexicon1
Advanced

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts
Wink

[QUOTE=midcow3;

So the purpose of this thread is not necessarily to address snide remarks which are rare and as you say administrator handled, but to facilitate the transfer of information quickly to those that are requesting it.
from the thread starter , also known as the OP.

YMMV,
MidCow3[/QUOTE]
@midcow3 Next time I see any posts which need to be reminded of this thread, this will be the go to .... : )
Old 06-28-24, 01:26 PM
midcow3
Racer

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Lexicon1
@midcow3 Next time I see any posts which need to be reminded of this thread, this will be the go to .... : )
Cool so you are a teacher proctor besides a clinical reference lab worker. I think you received some early "grounding" clarification on jump starting a car. And yes, folks, do not try to put a ground cable on an open ECU sensor port ; it is not a ground even though it is silver colored.

Peace to you brother, Mr. @Lexicon1 I am not sure why you don't like my knowledge. So ask me any question Mr. @Lexicon1 and I will give you an honest, technically objective snide free answer so I won't be one of your proctored students.

Peace and Goodwill,

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 06-28-24, 03:01 PM
Lexicon1
Advanced

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

[QUOTE=midcow3;11748082]Cool so you are a teacher proctor besides a clinical reference lab worker. I think you received some early "grounding" clarification on jump starting a car. And yes, folks, do not try to put a ground cable on an open ECU sensor port ; it is not a ground even though it is silver colored.

Peace to you brother, Mr. @Lexicon1 I am not sure why you don't like my knowledge. So ask me any question Mr. @Lexicon1 and I will give you an honest, technically objective snide free answer so I won't be one of your proctored students.

Peace and Goodwill,

YMMV,
MidCow3[/QUOTe
I can really feel the peace and goodwill just as others have in your posts , I was much higher up in the clinical field, just as you mentioned you were a computer "worker"...but that does not matter. Since you brought up the topic of grounding and not me, my response in your thread on grounding was one in which I pointed out that you can NOT jump the hybrid on any bolt, your posts indicated that a ground is a ground.....and so you needed to copy and paste a treatise on :Grounding 101". If you care to contact me regarding your feelings , I have offered to correspond with you previously and privately, you have not taken me up on my offer and so it appears this is the venue , sorry you "feel" I dont like you . Sorry you appear to be so sensitive . Be diplomatic and non-condescending on your posts and you will not hear from me.
I assume you will take this too personally so you will have the moderators remove this post therefore they should also remove your post above.....Just sayin...
And, have a lovely day

Last edited by Lexicon1; 06-28-24 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-28-24, 03:05 PM
midcow3
Racer

Lightbulb

[QUOTE=Lexicon1;11748112]
Originally Posted by midcow3
Cool so you are a teacher proctor besides a clinical reference lab worker. I think you received some early "grounding" clarification on jump starting a car. And yes, folks, do not try to put a ground cable on an open ECU sensor port ; it is not a ground even though it is silver colored.

Peace and Goodwill, by the way "worker" is not indicative of any level , just saying.

YMMV,
MidCow3[/QUOTe
I can really feel the peace and goodwill just as others have in your posts , I was much higher up in the clinical field, just as you mentioned you were a computer "worker"...but that does not matter. Since you brought up the topic of grounding and not me, my response in your thread on grounding was one in which I pointed out that you can NOT jump the hybrid on any bolt, your posts indicated that a ground is a ground.....and so you needed to copy and paste a treatise on :Grounding 101". If you care to contact me regarding your feelings , I have offered to correspond with you previously and privately, you have not taken me up on my offer and so it appears this is the venue , sorry you "feel" I dont like you . Sorry you appear to be so sensitive . Be diplomatic on your posts and you will not hear from me.
I assume you will take this too personally so you will have the moderators remove this post therefore they should also remove your post above.....Just sayin...
And, have a lovely day
Nice Response, I guess
Old 06-30-24, 04:19 PM
AM123
Pit Crew

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Signia & NX

What do you guys think – will the Crown Signia be a strong competitor for the Lexus NX when it’s released? I’ve got to say, the interior looks impressive, offering more cargo space and nearly the same fuel economy. What in the world is Toyota thinking with this move?
Old 06-30-24, 04:24 PM
midcow3
Racer

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by AM123
What do you guys think – will the Crown Signia be a strong competitor for the Lexus NX when it’s released? I’ve got to say, the interior looks impressive, offering more cargo space and nearly the same fuel economy. What in the world is Toyota thinking with this move?
It will be a strong competitor. It also seems that Toyota seems to move faster and test more thoroughly new technology than Lexus. Lexus sometime has the battleship turning methodology.

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 06-30-24, 04:34 PM
AM123
Pit Crew

It will be a strong competitor. It also seems that Toyota seems to move faster and test more thoroughly new technology than Lexus. Lexus sometime has the battleship turning methodology.

YMMV,
MidCow3

You're right. Toyota often moves faster in adopting new technology, while Lexus takes a more cautious, thorough approach. This difference can make Toyota quicker to market with innovations, whereas Lexus ensures high standards and refinement.

Did you hear about the disposable car they are exploring for $8,000? I don’t know if I’d buy but I thought it was interesting.
Old 06-30-24, 04:50 PM
midcow3
Racer

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by AM123
You're right. Toyota often moves faster in adopting new technology, while Lexus takes a more cautious, thorough approach. This difference can make Toyota quicker to market with innovations, whereas Lexus ensures high standards and refinement.

Did you hear about the disposable car they are exploring for $8,000? I don’t know if I’d buy but I thought it was interesting.
... and the Lexus 12 volt battery issue was "a more cautious, thorough approach" ? Ha Ha

YMMV,
MidCow3
The following users liked this post:
weaver483 (06-30-24)
Old 06-30-24, 07:10 PM
AM123
Pit Crew

... and the Lexus 12 volt battery issue was "a more cautious, thorough approach" ? Ha Ha

YMMV,
MidCow3
You got me on that one! My brain is still buffering 😂. Maybe Lexus just wanted to make sure we never forget the art of jump-starting a car.
Old 07-02-24, 05:29 PM
GreyGooseNX
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Why is it in most if not all other markets you can buy a NX350h FSport but in the NA market it's not an optional trim level?