NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

NXh450+ Fuel Gauge Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-24, 04:02 PM
amdg
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NXh450+ Fuel Gauge Issue

Vehicle has less than 500 miles and when picked up - dealer claimed tank was not filled up with a somewhat odd reason-

I attempted to fill it and it took solely one gallon and it shows about 3/4 full on gauge . This happened again.

Any thoughts?

Thank you
Old 06-29-24, 09:44 PM
NXWes
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Google

Toyota RAV4 Fuel Tank Issue / Not Full

It’s been an issue for a better part of a decade

Take it back to the dealer
Old 06-30-24, 06:26 AM
amdg
4th Gear

Originally Posted by NXWes
Google

Toyota RAV4 Fuel Tank Issue / Not Full

It’s been an issue for a better part of a decade

Take it back to the dealer

Thank you very much......I have researched based on your response and it is a significant and protracted issue - it is tragic that it is not resolved and furthermore that a dealer upon filling a tank for a new vehicle cannot connect the apparent dots - its called being professional and caring and communicating - thank you
Old 06-30-24, 08:42 AM
jbrnigan
Driver School Candidate

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by amdg
Thank you very much......I have researched based on your response and it is a significant and protracted issue - it is tragic that it is not resolved and furthermore that a dealer upon filling a tank for a new vehicle cannot connect the apparent dots - its called being professional and caring and communicating - thank you
FWIW - My month old NX450+ was full when delivered and just turned 600 miles. The fuel gauge reads half full. I filled up this morning, and it took 7 gallons. Gauge now read "full".
Old 06-30-24, 11:36 AM
amdg
4th Gear

Originally Posted by jbrnigan
FWIW - My month old NX450+ was full when delivered and just turned 600 miles. The fuel gauge reads half full. I filled up this morning, and it took 7 gallons. Gauge now read "full".
Thank you for your kind note......in the case I face -with the gauge indicating that I need slightly more than a quarter of a tank..... I have purposely filled my tank twice and it literally only takes 1.5 gallons and the the gas pump shuts off - ( sign of indicating its full) while the gauge reading remains the same....i then took it to other premium gas station minutes later - thinking that it may be the gas pump thats off - did the same exercise and the gas pump shut off virtually immediately - seems to be a Lexus NXh+ issue - that appears to have first occurred when the Dealer filled it. I shall be going back to the dealer- this is not the way Toyota builds cars......furthermore based on the thread it appears to be an issue that is called in the auto industry a hearty perennial! Not Good ! Thank you
Old 07-17-24, 11:57 AM
tepley
3rd Gear

Default NX350 Measured Fuel Guage Readlings

Thank you for your kind note......in the case I face -with the gauge indicating that I need slightly more than a quarter of a tank..... I have purposely filled my tank twice and it literally only takes 1.5 gallons and the the gas pump shuts off - ( sign of indicating its full) while the gauge reading remains the same....i then took it to other premium gas station minutes later - thinking that it may be the gas pump thats off - did the same exercise and the gas pump shut off virtually immediately - seems to be a Lexus NXh+ issue - that appears to have first occurred when the Dealer filled it. I shall be going back to the dealer- this is not the way Toyota builds cars......furthermore based on the thread it appears to be an issue that is called in the auto industry a hearty perennial! Not Good ! Thank you
Lexus NX350 about 3,000 miles. Noticed fuel gauge was giving odd readings so I took pictures at Full, 3/4, 1/2, and 1/4. It took 136 miles to go from full to 3/4. It took 55 miles to go from 3/4 to 1/2. It took 40 miles to go from 1/2 to 1/4. I talked with the service department and was told to bring it in. It sounds like this is a known problem. Not sure they actually have a fix.
Old 07-17-24, 03:21 PM
amdg
4th Gear

Default thank you

Originally Posted by tepley
Lexus NX350 about 3,000 miles. Noticed fuel gauge was giving odd readings so I took pictures at Full, 3/4, 1/2, and 1/4. It took 136 miles to go from full to 3/4. It took 55 miles to go from 3/4 to 1/2. It took 40 miles to go from 1/2 to 1/4. I talked with the service department and was told to bring it in. It sounds like this is a known problem. Not sure they actually have a fix.

thank you for your message - the only thing i have done is to reset my lexus app and it seems to have gone away....it still is a strange issue and not reflective of toyota engineering i hope your condition was addressed ! take care
Old 07-18-24, 04:01 AM
Dswhittle
Rookie

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a 2022 NX 350h and I too had a problem with the gas gauge that would read 1/2 or 1/4 full but would only take 1.5 litres to full (although the gauge would not change). I also had the “fuel door release wouldn’t open” problem. I was told that the solution to the door problem would solve the fuel gauge problem and it did. Something about a vacuum mechanism that had to be replaced to get the fuel door release working also is used by the fuel gauge (?). Not sure if this helps but your fuel gauge misreading problem sounded very similar to what I was experiencing.
The following users liked this post:
mangust (07-18-24)
Old 07-18-24, 02:23 PM
tepley
3rd Gear

Default NX350 Measured Fuel Guage Readlings

Originally Posted by Dswhittle
I have a 2022 NX 350h and I too had a problem with the gas gauge that would read 1/2 or 1/4 full but would only take 1.5 litres to full (although the gauge would not change). I also had the “fuel door release wouldn’t open” problem. I was told that the solution to the door problem would solve the fuel gauge problem and it did. Something about a vacuum mechanism that had to be replaced to get the fuel door release working also is used by the fuel gauge (?). Not sure if this helps but your fuel gauge misreading problem sounded very similar to what I was experiencing.
I took the car in today. Their response was we reset the "range" in the car's software. Now I will have to wait a little and fill it again and start my measurements again. Will post the results in a week or two.
Old 08-13-24, 01:10 PM
tepley
3rd Gear

New update. Second tank of fuel. Bottom of data is second tank after dealer reset "range". Waiting to hear back from service advisor. Very consistent between tanks. over 100 miles on first quarter. About 40 on 3rd quarter.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
NX 350 Fuel Guage.pdf (27.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-13-24, 02:15 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 635 Likes on 420 Posts
Lightbulb "range reset"

I took the car in today. Their response was we reset the "range" in the car's software. Now I will have to wait a little and fill it again and start my measurements again. Will post the results in a week or two.
New update. Second tank of fuel. Bottom of data is second tank after dealer reset "range". Waiting to hear back from service advisor. Very consistent between tanks. over 100 miles on first quarter. About 40 on 3rd quarter.
Good Luck, there is a "reserve" of 2.5-3 gallons which is not included in the DTE calculation. If the dealer told you there is a "range reset" and that the dealer reset your range in software that is fantastic because I am pretty sure there is no ?range reset". I went round and round with my Lexus dealer to try and get the DTE to more correctly align with the true DTE. They told me there is no adjustment and my NX is normal.

YMMV,
MidCow3