NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Understanding HUD Switching Between Turn-by-Turn Directions and Lane Departure Detect

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-24, 04:19 AM
hypnozx
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Understanding HUD Switching Between Turn-by-Turn Directions and Lane Departure Detect

I am using Apple Maps with CarPlay, and the turn-by-turn directions are successfully shown on the HUD, which is great.

However, occasionally, the HUD switches back to lane departure detection. I am curious why this happens. Is it because I am about to depart from the lane? Will the default lane departure detection always appear on the HUD when certain warning?
Old 07-03-24, 02:13 PM
TheCDN
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Well, since it's in and of itself, a warning, the HUD display system prioritizes and reverts back to an active alert as that would be more important to let you know rather than your maps displaying your upcoming directions. I find the lane departure warning is at times a little aggressive at letting you know it thinks you're about to cross the line. I typically use Apple Maps, and yes it does this, and at times will cut in just as Apple is speaking and letting you know that 'In one kilometre turn left on *** street' I'll get any kind of warning or beep and it has essentially overridden the apple voice. As well, I believe this is a setting you can set for navigation, when I'm taking a call it will not interrupt my call with a navigation prompt but simply provide a single note chime 'bing' so that's my cue to look at any direction prompt it is showing on my HUD.
Old 07-03-24, 04:49 PM
hypnozx
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, seems like I cannot configure it?