NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Wax

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-24, 06:13 PM
romer
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
Absolutely true. I use the Adam's Graphene Ceramic spray. $40 and will do eight applications. Takes 20 minutes to do.Wipe on wait two minutes wipe off. Paint has to be clean. YouTube reviews almost always rate it top gloss and longest protection. I do it every six months way overkill but so easy to apply. Beading and shine incredible.
I've had the same experience as Freds430. For those who claim you can only get 3 months or similar from things like Adams Graphene Ceramic--unless you've used it you are just making ____ up. Happens on these threads. Let's make room for different approaches. I'm not saying people who spend lots of $$$$$$$$$ for a professional ceramic treatment don't know what they're doing. It's just that some other detail enthusiasts use other products they have found to be amazing. As midcow always adds...ymmv. To each to his or her own. I don't understand why some of these topics devolve so quickly with a few people suffering from absolute certainty in their beliefs. Geeez.
The following users liked this post:
Freds430 (08-04-24)
Old 08-01-24, 06:26 PM
jatwell
Pit Crew

Received 65 Likes on 48 Posts

As you see, lots of opinions… I like Meguiar’s Ultimate Wash & Wax, which is a soap with some wax in it. Easy for quick jobs and repels water and keeps dirt from sticking to a degree. I also like their Hybrid Ceramic Wax Spray (don’t overdo it, and pressure wash or strong spray after application). Adams has a nice ceramic Graphene CS3 spray (spray on, wipe off).

all of these are quick and easy and will repel water and help keep salt, etc. from being too difficult to remove. None of these will protect your paint from dings, chips, etc. Considering your environment you may want PPF.

Finally, a ceramic coating is not a “heavy duty” solution. You can do the above a lot cheaper than a professional ceramic application.
romer (08-01-24)
Old 08-04-24, 11:46 AM
Doug007
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Part of the equation is whether or not you want a show car or simply a nice looking, protected ride. I live in the mountains and have all 4 seasons and have found that Griot's Hybrid Wax 3 and 1 works well. Easy to apply and lasts many months. It's so easy to apply that I find myself putting on a coat or two every other month or so. The Redline really pops with it. Of course paint correction and ceramic is the way to go if you have the $$$. For me, it was an easy decision as I'm retired and enjoy detailing the car using the Griots for significantly less on my daily driver.
romer (08-04-24)
Old 08-04-24, 12:40 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,132 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by romer
I've had the same experience as Freds430. For those who claim you can only get 3 months or similar from things like Adams Graphene Ceramic--unless you've used it you are just making ____ up. Happens on these threads. Let's make room for different approaches. I'm not saying people who spend lots of $$$$$$$$$ for a professional ceramic treatment don't know what they're doing. It's just that some other detail enthusiasts use other products they have found to be amazing. As midcow always adds...ymmv. To each to his or her own. I don't understand why some of these topics devolve so quickly with a few people suffering from absolute certainty in their beliefs. Geeez.
YouTube reviewers say two years of protection with Adams.
romer (08-04-24)
Old 08-04-24, 12:56 PM
romer
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug007
Part of the equation is whether or not you want a show car or simply a nice looking, protected ride. I live in the mountains and have all 4 seasons and have found that Griot's Hybrid Wax 3 and 1 works well. Easy to apply and lasts many months. It's so easy to apply that I find myself putting on a coat or two every other month or so. The Redline really pops with it. Of course paint correction and ceramic is the way to go if you have the $$$. For me, it was an easy decision as I'm retired and enjoy detailing the car using the Griots for significantly less on my daily driver.
That's a good product too. And I've had the same experience with it before migrating to their 3 in 1 ceramic. And for the past year it's been Adam's Graphene Advanced for me. All good for do-it-your selfers.
Doug007 (08-06-24)
Old 08-04-24, 01:49 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

I have used Cerakote on my car, it does not cost an arm and a leg, it is easy to apply, and it lasts for a while -> https://cerakoteceramics.com/pro-paint/
romer (08-04-24)