NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Integrated Dashcam downloaded file transfer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-24, 07:59 PM
Arctic9048
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integrated Dashcam downloaded file transfer?

I have reviewed the manual and searched but I don’t see an option (so maybe it also doesn’t exist) but with the integrated dash cam…is there a way to export downloaded video straight into your photo file?

I can see that it downloaded a video and I can view the video through the app downloaded files but I don’t see a way to actually send it to Photos and it’s also not showing up in my iPhone “files” folder either.
Old 08-05-24, 09:27 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Your downloads are probably saved in a folder under Lexus dashcam app. There are a couple of ways you should be able to retrieve those from there. You can try to use the iTunes or whatever app is used for sync the phone, and see if you can get the access to that downloads folder in camera app. Other option is to use some third party file explorer app which will give you access to all the folders from all the apps. There is also might be the option to click on that downloaded file in your Lexus camera app and the option to save it to your photos folder, so you basically save the file from camera to your camera app, then you save that same file from camera app to your pictures Try clicking and holding on your video to see if you get some options what to do with that file, or click on the video and look for some sort of settings/options that let chose what you want to do with that video, look for things like you know three dots, a gear icon etc. There should be some easier way to save that video to your photos without additional third party apps, but the worst case scenario is to use some file explorer apps. Good luck.

Last edited by oreon333; 08-05-24 at 09:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Arctic9048 (08-05-24)
Old 08-05-24, 10:19 PM
Arctic9048
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oreon333
Try clicking and holding on your video to see if you get some options what to do with that file, or click on the video and look for some sort of settings/options that let chose what you want to do with that video, look for things like you know three dots, a gear icon etc. There should be some easier way to save that video to your photos without additional third party apps, but the worst case scenario is to
use some file explorer apps. Good luck.

Thank you. I tried highlighting the video and nothing happened. It even lets you select it on the main menu but it only has an option to delete.

I finally figured it out and it’s ridiculous.

On the second screenshot when you’re just playing the video…on the white header with the date. If you click just barely to the right of the date then it will pop up the normal screen to download to Files. If you tap too far right then it will just show you an option to delete. But these are all hidden options so I don’t know how I randomly clicked where I did but I found it.
Old 08-06-24, 02:30 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts