NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Noise reduction and sound deadening NVH

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-24, 01:19 AM
makbn
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by New2025NX
The bee-like noise, are you referring to Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System that activate until you pass 19mph? Are you able to use the OBD tio shut that off? Also, are you able to reduce the acceleration rumble from you get at around at around 10-30 mph? I'm just asking for a clarification. Also, can an OBD be borrowed and used, or do you need to own it for any reason?
No I’m talking about the awful engine noise they add through the speakers and it had a bee like noise for me whenever I was accelerating no matter of the speed!

I’m not sure about rumble, maybe we are referring to the same thing but the only issue I have around 25km/h is sometime car does not downshift in the right time leading to a poor and very soft vibration. It can be avoid in my case by accelerating faster from 10km/h to 30km/h or downshifting manually. It is more noticeable when I’m on standard drive mode and it is way better whith eco mode! I don’t usually drive on sport mode and I’m not sure about that one! I didn’t have this issue initially with the car and accelerating was really smooth (in terms of engine vibration not engine sound) but after a while it developed this vibration around 25km/h which I can easily avoid and my dealership told me it is normal!

About the OBD, I think you can! There is a garage page inside the application that has a list of cars! Mine has only one row because I have only one car but if there is a garage page, I assume you should be able to add multiple cars!

Last edited by makbn; 09-09-24 at 01:28 AM.
The following users liked this post:
New2025NX (09-09-24)
Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 630 Likes on 417 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by makbn
No I’m talking about the awful engine noise they add through the speakers and it had a bee like noise for me whenever I was accelerating no matter of the speed!

I’m not sure about rumble, maybe we are referring to the same thing but the only issue I have around 25km/h is sometime car does not downshift in the right time leading to a poor and very soft vibration. It can be avoid in my case by accelerating faster from 10km/h to 30km/h or downshifting manually. It is more noticeable when I’m on standard drive mode and it is way better whith eco mode! I don’t usually drive on sport mode and I’m not sure about that one! I didn’t have this issue initially with the car and accelerating was really smooth (in terms of engine vibration not engine sound) but after a while it developed this vibration around 25km/h which I can easily avoid and my dealership told me it is normal!

About the OBD, I think you can! There is a garage page inside the application that has a list of cars! Mine has only one row because I have only one car but if there is a garage page, I assume you should be able to add multiple cars!
Look at this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...errerid=161523

This my post linking to a bunch of other threads on noise : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...l#post11778826

And specifically see this post https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...l#post11781148

YMMV,
MidCow3

Last edited by midcow3; Yesterday at 09:31 PM.