NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Factory order

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-24, 07:35 AM
lf4318
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Factory order

Is it possible to actually order a vehicle with options you actually want?
Old 09-10-24, 09:40 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 643 Likes on 426 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by lf4318
Hard, if not impossible to factory order exact car packages and options. However, if you look around and are diligent enough and willing to possibly endure some wait time , you can basically get exactly what you want ( and maybe a couple o extra features). Good Luck in getting exactly what you want or very close to it. Also, with the inventory back up in most dealerships the wait time is much less.

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 09-10-24, 01:40 PM
Bobcamman
10th Gear

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Virtually impossible. I wanted a specific exterior/interior color combination for an NX250 and was told by Lexus Corporate that it wasn't possible to place an order with a dealer. From everyone I spoke with, I got the strong impression that even the dealers themselves have no control over what vehicles they receive.
Old 09-10-24, 01:45 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 643 Likes on 426 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Bobcamman
Virtually impossible. I wanted a specific exterior/interior color combination for an NX250 and was told by Lexus Corporate that it wasn't possible to place an order with a dealer. From everyone I spoke with, I got the strong impression that even the dealers themselves have no control over what vehicles they receive.
Go to a larger dealer. In spite of what they say you can basically get what you want. Yes, they have specific inventory coming in and if they can steer you to one allocated to them and get you to commit to it, they make a quicker sale. Salesmen/Saleswomen are greedy to sell the cars the immediately have.

Peace and Good luck,

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 09-10-24, 04:03 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 333 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by lf4318
I actually did that sort of. Look for the new car sales manager and you can customize some of the features and remove some of the others. However, the factory installed options are hard to change. Not all dealers will do that for you btw.

One of my friends, order everything they wanted and it took 8 months. Also, it depends if Lexus is taking orders.
Old 09-10-24, 04:57 PM
XLR8TOR
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I’m in the chicago area and my local dealer traded with a dealer in Minneapolis to get what I wanted.
Old 09-10-24, 07:03 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

There is no such a thing as factory orders now days and any time in foreseeable future However, if you are willing to wait till they build something to your specs and wants and allocate that vehicle to your dealer, then you will have what you want It took me 18 month to get EXACTLY what I wanted, inside and outside and all the options Good luck
The following users liked this post:
rch (09-11-24)
Old 09-10-24, 11:27 PM
hintonwood
Pit Crew

Received 94 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by oreon333
There is no such a thing as factory orders now days and any time in foreseeable future However, if you are willing to wait till they build something to your specs and wants and allocate that vehicle to your dealer, then you will have what you want It took me 18 month to get EXACTLY what I wanted, inside and outside and all the options Good luck
Makes me realise how lucky I was to order a Nori Green Takumi NX 350h with Cream and Black leather interior, at MSRP, on 4 September 2021; for it to be built in Japan in November and delivered to the Dealer in the UK on 31 January 2022. They were simple times back then……🤪
Old 09-11-24, 05:59 AM
bt10
Pit Crew

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

As most have said, there is technically no ordering from lexus, and your dealer can see what is being built at the factory and put his/your name on it to get it shipped to him and sold to you. That is the only way it works, regardless of what others say. That is why they always ask you if you could do with some options or not. Our large dealer told us this right up front, when we asked about ordering. Then we checked in every week or so to see what was rolling thru the factory, if anything peaked our interest, and after a few months, one came up that was close enough and we put our name on it as it rolled down the assy line, got on the boat and train, and arrived. Again, this is the only way they do business. Salesmen that tell you otherwise are just doing this system behind your back. It won't change until supply/demand/sales eases.
Old 09-11-24, 12:08 PM
jvillier
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Look at Dealer Inventory Online for Their Orders

Local dealer offered a search from their many national locations requiring an upfront non-refundable deposit, and had expensive non-negotiable dealer add-ons. So I looked at other dealers inventory online within 120 miles and found 3 dealers that had total of 4 of my exact car (NX250 Premium) "In Transit", although after calling around, two of them were already "allocated" to buyers. That left two dealers to choose from that had the exact exterior/interior I wanted (Atomic Silver/Palomino), and the cars were in "Build Phase" that were 1-2 weeks out from starting. You can print out the spec sheet with features, base cost and cost of other packages and features. Before the Build window started, I was able to change out the 9" display to get the 14" display that I wanted. One poster is correct that it can be hard to delete some FIO features, but I was able to change some PIO and DIO features. Mine is now supposedly on a rail car from Ontario and due to be delivered in another week. Getting anxious now for it to work out as planned.
Old Today, 11:46 AM
waluwalu
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told by local dealer (in WA state) that they can order with a $5000 deposit and need to wait for a few months. Haven't talked about price yet but I guess it is MSRP with no discount at all.
Old Today, 02:47 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by waluwalu
I was told by local dealer (in WA state) that they can order with a $5000 deposit and need to wait for a few months. Haven't talked about price yet but I guess it is MSRP with no discount at all.
Is that refundable or nonrefundable deposit? I think what they mean by "they can order" is that they get you on a hook, and then let you wait more than two month, and hope they will get something allocated to them that closely match to what you are looking for
The following users liked this post:
bt10 (Today)