Second Key No. Car Wash yes

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM
New2025NX
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Second Key No. Car Wash yes

Second Key (skeleton key)

I just took this picture at my dealership's service area. At least they have a sense of humor. BTW, I brought my car in for a car wash and they do it for free. I think its a great benefit, and it brings me in to look at the latest Lexus models (and have some drinks and snacks). Do other dealers give free car washes?
The following users liked this post:
rch (Today)
Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 243 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by New2025NX
Do other dealers give free car washes?
Yes, but it's one of those crappy-*** rotating brush things.
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts

My dealer only do the car washes when I bring the car for service, they used to do it when you could bring the car whenever, but people were abusing it, so they stopped offering free washes for any time you stop by, which I do not blame them. I guess people were coming every day for washes or something lol
Old Today, 05:26 AM
New2025NX
Driver

Beading

What does this beading tell you in terms of whether I should be applying a wax or protectant after my next wash? I've had the car for about 4 months now and never did anything to the exterior other than take it for a free wash at Lexus, which is probably those brush things. I'm not into the detailing culture, but I want to keep a clean and protected car. Would larger beads indicate better protection?
Old Today, 07:33 AM
jbrnigan
Driver School Candidate

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by New2025NX
Beading

What does this beading tell you in terms of whether I should be applying a wax or protectant after my next wash? I've had the car for about 4 months now and never did anything to the exterior other than take it for a free wash at Lexus, which is probably those brush things. I'm not into the detailing culture, but I want to keep a clean and protected car. Would larger beads indicate better protection?
It tells me that you have some paint surface protection and after 4 months likely need to apply more...... I'm also am not consumed by not having a showroom quality paint finish, but, just keeping the finish protected and nice looking. I have our vehicles detailed twice a year - washed, waxed (whatever they use), interior and undercarriage power washed. Between detailing, at about three months, I take a half hour and use a spray on ceramic coat. I run the vehicles through car washes as needed. If I were driving a Rolls or Bentlty, my routine might be different.....LOL
Old Today, 08:56 AM
New2025NX
Driver

That sounds like a good plan. Instead of the spray on ceramic coat you mentioned, I just applied Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer, which I had in the garage and used on my 2017 Camry. It helped maintain good beading.