NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

2022 Lexus NX Spied (post #67 with new image)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-20, 09:25 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Jezza819
As for me red has always been my first choice in vehicles. I had a Redline IS200t Fsport before this NX300.

Here is my NX

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...l#post10675014
That's a good looking car!

The Nebula Gray I've never really cared too much for. Any kind of darker gray color has never appealed to me. But if red had not been available I would have gone with Atomic Silver. I think that color looks very good on a NX. If I'm able to get a UX250h next year Atomic Silver will be my first choice.
I still have a year to waffle about it, but it may come down to what they have on the lot when I'm ready to buy; when I bought my 2000 Maxima I wanted a dark gray color, but they only had the car I wanted in silver. I bought it in silver and was very happy with the results.
Old 12-02-20, 09:47 AM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Jezza819
The Nebula Gray I've never really cared too much for. Any kind of darker gray color has never appealed to me. But if red had not been available I would have gone with Atomic Silver. I think that color looks very good on a NX. If I'm able to get a UX250h next year Atomic Silver will be my first choice.
I initially negotiated the purchase of a new 2016 Nebula Gray F-Sport with the red interior, but backed out of the deal when I saw the 2017 model with triple-beam headlights in Atomic Silver.

I often park near a Red standard NX at my club and compare them just to see if I'm tempted to change, but I haven't...and my wife is glad I haven't.
Old 12-02-20, 09:57 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by Dorsai
I see from your signature that your NX is Matador Red Mica...how do you like that color? Almost every Lexus around here (north Atlanta suburbs) is white, black, or gray/silver, so I have to have something that stands out at least a little bit. Blue seems to be an F Sport-only color, green and orange are non-starters, so that leaves red. I'd answer the question for myself if only I could find a red Lexus to look at...
Oh we love the red, but it does take more work than some other colors to keep clean. Any of the darker colors are going to show dirt worse. Frankly the Nebula Gray on our previous RX was easier to keep clean, as is the Atomic Silver on our ES. If I could choose again, I would probably choose a Gray or Silver just because I think it looks better with the wide black plastic around the wheel wells than about any other color. Again, this is just my personal preference. But that isn't meant as a negative on the red at all as we love it and it really sparkles when the sun hits it (and it's clean of course)! I am hoping they reduce the size of that plastic around the wheel wells on the next generation.

Oh - and regarding the discussion about the touchscreen for the infotainment system, my issue is my OCD tendencies. I hated the touchscreens on previous Priuses that we owned. They always showed fingerprints and this drives me nuts (a very short drive of course).

Last edited by TechNut; 12-02-20 at 10:02 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Dorsai (12-02-20)
Old 12-02-20, 11:17 AM
Jezza819
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That's a good looking car!

I still have a year to waffle about it, but it may come down to what they have on the lot when I'm ready to buy; when I bought my 2000 Maxima I wanted a dark gray color, but they only had the car I wanted in silver. I bought it in silver and was very happy with the results.
I kind of had a tight window as my early turn in period for the IS lease was coinciding with December To Remember. They only had 3 Premium pkg, Nav equipped NX's coming and one of them was this red one. The other two were a white and a nebula gray I think. There wouldn't be anymore well after December To Remember expired. Plus mine was built in October 2019 when they added Android Auto. So I got pretty lucky all around.

Originally Posted by TechNut
Oh we love the red, but it does take more work than some other colors to keep clean. Any of the darker colors are going to show dirt worse. Frankly the Nebula Gray on our previous RX was easier to keep clean, as is the Atomic Silver on our ES. If I could choose again, I would probably choose a Gray or Silver just because I think it looks better with the wide black plastic around the wheel wells than about any other color. Again, this is just my personal preference. But that isn't meant as a negative on the red at all as we love it and it really sparkles when the sun hits it (and it's clean of course)! I am hoping they reduce the size of that plastic around the wheel wells on the next generation.

Oh - and regarding the discussion about the touchscreen for the infotainment system, my issue is my OCD tendencies. I hated the touchscreens on previous Priuses that we owned. They always showed fingerprints and this drives me nuts (a very short drive of course).
You're right. I think the Atomic Silver works very well with the wheel arch accents and I also like how it sparkles in the sun. I think Atomic Silver is the best color for an ES even better than the red.
TechNut (12-03-20)
Old 12-02-20, 05:27 PM
TheRas900
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Also looking forward to the new version. We test drove a turbo and hybrid NX last weekend but were not impressed enough to pull the trigger.

A little more interior space and refinement would make a difference in our decision. And I second the hope for a panoramic roof.

We drove the RDX first and it felt more refined but certainly didn’t drive as well as the NX in terms of handling and transmission performance.
Old 12-05-20, 12:07 PM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Funny thing about colors...I said initially that I wanted red for mine, but as I've been looking at people's cars on the forum I am starting to really like the Nebula Gray. I'm still undecided about having a car that blends with everyone else's, but it would look sharp in my driveway.
While talking about car colors with my wife today, I learned that I prefer a red car. Glad that's cleared up!
The following 2 users liked this post by Dorsai:
jclem (06-15-21), TechNut (12-06-20)
Old 12-06-20, 05:04 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

In the General Forums/Car Chat it was noted that Toyota is moving up their timeline for new and updated vehicles. Hopefully this means the new NX will be coming out sooner than later.
Dorsai (12-06-20)
Old 12-06-20, 08:56 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

That would be nice - I'll be ready to buy any time after the beginning of May.
Old 12-07-20, 12:39 PM
zkl2003
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I am looking forward for the 2022 as well. I am super loyal for NX since the 2015. had a lot problems with that one, but currently 2018 are been great. I am either keep my 2018 or wait for the 2022/2023. If there is no plug in version of new NX, I might just keep the 18 NX since it is very nice car and I had 0 problems since day 1.
Old 12-13-20, 06:08 PM
Jigsaw
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking forward to the 2022 also, hoping it will get the new 2.4L turbo from Toyota, in a form of NX350 with 300ish HP. Like they did with the old 3.5L RAV4.
LexNYC83 (12-15-20)
Old 12-14-20, 07:36 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Same here. I just hope they don't charge $10K for the privilege of having the bigger engine!
Old 12-15-20, 12:09 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

I think the standard grille on the NX is fine, but I can't stand the F Sport version...which is too bad, because otherwise I might be tempted to get it.

I'm actually not that concerned about the infotainment system...once I get everything configured (typically a one-time process) I tend not to worry about it. But literally EVERY review of the NX whines about it, so I assume it must be especially awful.

Also...I'd like to tint the front windows to match the back, but I've seen people online say that there's something special about the current NX that makes this difficult. Others say they've had no problem. Anyone know for certain what the truth is? I'm also curious what a quality front window tint job on this vehicle should cost, as I've never had a vehicle tinted before.
Absolutely nothing different about the front windows than any other vehicle, lol! I tinted my '20 F sport NX with no issues, about 10-12 mins per window. But I am a professional as well, so my opinion may or may not count.
Do 20% to match the rear. If you're around the triangle are if NC or southern VA, I'll gladly do then for $120 for the 2 fronts, carbon ceramic tint, lifetime warranty 👍.

V.

Last edited by Vitveet; 01-13-21 at 05:13 AM.
Dorsai (12-16-20)
Old 12-15-20, 08:38 PM
LexNYC83
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Waiting for the 2022 NX as well. Hoping its the redesigned NX350 they have been promising to replace my GS350. Haven't really been impressed with the packages or drive of the 2020 I also have. Definitely hoping the real leather is optioned with Glazed Caramel like the RX was for 2021. I wanted real leather and the luxury package for the 2020 NX, but couldn't deal with black or creme. I've been reading anywhere from a 14" up to 17.1" touchscreen for this upcoming ride. Hope some spyshots or more definitive information is released soon. I will wait for December to Remember to get mine next year, and then need to figure out...Eminent White Pearl or Atomic Silver...
Old 12-16-20, 04:52 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,115 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by LexNYC83
Waiting for the 2022 NX as well. Hoping its the redesigned NX350 they have been promising to replace my GS350. Haven't really been impressed with the packages or drive of the 2020 I also have. Definitely hoping the real leather is optioned with Glazed Caramel like the RX was for 2021. I wanted real leather and the luxury package for the 2020 NX, but couldn't deal with black or creme. I've been reading anywhere from a 14" up to 17.1" touchscreen for this upcoming ride. Hope some spyshots or more definitive information is released soon. I will wait for December to Remember to get mine next year, and then need to figure out...Eminent White Pearl or Atomic Silver...
IMO the two best colors. Seems like the screen will be 12 inches. Real leather will be an option. If Forbes is correct with the plug-in starting in the low 40's than a fully loaded will be around $50,000 but there will be a $7,500 tax credit.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterly...h=773447166287
LexNYC83 (12-20-20)
Old 12-16-20, 07:19 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LexNYC83
So what ever happened to gray interiors, anyway? Both my '04 RX and my wife's '15 Highlander have gray leather interiors, and we love them. The loaner NX I had a while back had the Creme interior and it was OK, but not as nice as gray in my opinion.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lexus NX Spied (post #67 with new image)