NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

2022 Lexus NX Spied (post #67 with new image)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-21, 06:32 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
This link was posted in a thread under Car Chat but good for you for posting because for sure a lot of NX owners missed that. Very excited about this 2022 NX with the plug-in hybrid version like the Toyota RAV4 prime. With 302 horsepower, 42 miles of electric range, 40 mpg after that and a $7,500 tax credit I will be first in line. The NX is already a hot seller for Lexus being #2 in sales behind the RX.

Hope the back end and taillights end up looking like this. I like looks like the new Venza from the back.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2020/06/...nx-until-2022/
I'm confident that the 2022 NX plug-in hybrid will be an outstanding vehicle, but, if things turn out to be similar to what is the case for the RAV4 Prime plug-in hybrid, there are a few cautions.

The RAV4 Prime starts out with an MSRP that is $10,000 higher than the MSRP for the RAV4 Hybrid. Further, availability is extremely limited, and, in most parts of the country, it is almost impossible to find one to buy. And, if people are finding one, instead of getting a discount from MSRP, they are likely to be paying a premium over MSRP.

If the NX plug-in hybrid follows the same pattern, a nicely-equipped NX plug-in hybrid will have an MSRP of around $60,000, and those who are "first in line" to buy one will likely be paying a premium over that $60,000 MSRP.

Last edited by lesz; 01-17-21 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-17-21, 09:29 AM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
I'm confident that the 2022 NX plug-in hybrid will be an outstanding vehicle, but, if things turn out to be similar to what is the case for the RAV4 Prime plug-in hybrid, there are a few cautions.

The RAV4 Prime starts out with an MSRP that is $10,000 higher than the MSRP for the RAV4 Hybrid. Further, availability is extremely limited, and, in most parts of the country, it is almost impossible to find one to buy. And, if people are finding one, instead of getting a discount from MSRP, they are likely to be paying a premium over MSRP.

If the NX plug-in hybrid follows the same pattern, a nicely-equipped NX plug-in hybrid will have an MSRP of around $60,000, and those who are "fist in line" to buy one will likely be paying a premium over that $60,000 MSRP.
They're going to be unobtainium for at least the first year after release, if you're "planning" to get one of these, expect late 2022 or even 2023 delivery.
Old 01-17-21, 09:52 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

For the sake of keeping all of the 2022 speculation in one thread, I am reposting this link. It does have more speculation about possible drivetrain options.
2022 Lexus NX Redesign May Feature New Engine Lineup (caranddriver.com)
The following users liked this post:
LexNYC83 (01-17-21)
Old 01-17-21, 01:55 PM
LexNYC83
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

There was already another thread here in NX Forum some days ago. Looks very much like a CX-5 to me, seems a bit shorter but hopefully the inside makes up for it with the speculated 14in touchscreen and new interface. I have purposefully been holding out to see this unveiled so I can upgrade my current 3GS, as I have a 2020 NX300 in the household, and while nice...I've always felt it needs more power. Curious if it will be the 2.4L turbo, and if they will offer a Pano Roof and more than Creme or Black in the real leather for a Luxury trim...if not I may just get me a leftover '21 RX350 Luxury in Eminent White on Glazed Caramel Semi-Aniline. I hope this is unveiled soon, planning to buy for December to Remember this year.
Old 01-17-21, 10:55 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 311 Likes on 244 Posts

This youtubers has been talking in great details on this also:

Fujinator (01-22-21)
Old 01-22-21, 05:04 PM
Fujinator
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I try to stay away from first 2 years of a redesign

I bought the 2020 FSport 3. My complaints would be the cargo area is relatively small based on the previous Rav4 generation. Also the heated steering wheel is only partially heated at the 2,3,4,8,9,10 O’clock positions so when you are turning, your hands will come in contact with the cold areas. And to turn on the wiper deicer, you must go into the infotainment screen and a few options before you can turn it on. You must do this each time on startup if you need this feature in. Having a physical switch on the dash would be better as you may use this frequently in the winter. The 2022 will be based on the current Rav4 TNGA platform therefore should have more cargo area. But will not be made in Japan if that matters. I have two Corollas made in Canada 16 years ago and they are very reliable. Also, even though it is of Toyota/Lexus high quality, I try not to purchase the first 2 model years of a redesigned vehicle as there are usually more issues with them. The 2021 NX300 now can come with the Mark Levinson sound system the US market had been offering previously. I unfortunately did not get this as I purchased a 2020 7 months ago.

If you do not care of more cargo space, I would get the 2021 NX300.

Robb79 (03-05-21)
Old 01-24-21, 09:48 AM
bob67
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Would not worry about buying a re-designed NX. A whole new design, yea would not buy, but throwing in parts from other tested models does not worry me. We have a '15 RCF, and a '15 NX, with no problems with either, even if they were new on the market back in 2015.

Like the idea of a hybrid NX, but to wait for one takes me out of the market. Why can't they make more hybrids? Isn't better fuel economy a priority in a global economy? Even if I like the idea of a hybrid, I can buy a lot of gas for what they want extra for a hybrid.

Waiting for the day to order a 2022 NX!! Just hope this new one retains that somewhat sporty car-like qualities of the current NX, and will not feel like a boat!
Old 01-24-21, 08:29 PM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Originally Posted by bob67
Would not worry about buying a re-designed NX. A whole new design, yea would not buy, but throwing in parts from other tested models does not worry me. We have a '15 RCF, and a '15 NX, with no problems with either, even if they were new on the market back in 2015.

Like the idea of a hybrid NX, but to wait for one takes me out of the market. Why can't they make more hybrids? Isn't better fuel economy a priority in a global economy? Even if I like the idea of a hybrid, I can buy a lot of gas for what they want extra for a hybrid.

Waiting for the day to order a 2022 NX!! Just hope this new one retains that somewhat sporty car-like qualities of the current NX, and will not feel like a boat!
What NX are you driving that has "sporty car-like qualities"? My F-Sport with AVS is ... mediocre, at best, in the handling department.
Old 01-25-21, 06:04 AM
bob67
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by no1SomeGuy
What NX are you driving that has "sporty car-like qualities"? My F-Sport with AVS is ... mediocre, at best, in the handling department.
Well... I did state "somewhat sport-like qualities". Guess it's an interpretation of what "somewhat" means to you. What I tried to say was the NX rides more car-like than the RX, or most other SUV's out there that some almost remind me of driving a small bus. Sure I would rather get a Porsche Macon, which is more sport like, but does not have the dependability of a Lexus.
Heck, maybe I will get a Macon, have to wait to see the 2022 NX first before deciding.
Vitveet (01-25-21)
Old 01-25-21, 08:09 AM
Lex2000TL
Intermediate

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

...What I tried to say was the NX rides more car-like than the RX, or most other SUV's out there that some almost remind me of driving a small bus. .
Completely agree. I had both, RX and NX (still have it), and compare to RX, that drives like a boat on pillows, NX is definitely car-like driving. Even compare to Acura RDX, I also have, I like NX better.
Vitveet (01-25-21)
Old 01-25-21, 09:39 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm inclined to agree as well. Coming from my 192K-mile '04 RX the current NX feels plenty sporty enough, even though by all accounts it's not the leader in the segment for handling.
Old 01-25-21, 05:52 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 499 Likes on 249 Posts

I have a feeling this 2022 NX will be a heavy facelift but based on the same generation NX, (example, 2021 Lexus IS model was a heavy facelift that fooled many thinking its a new generation when it isn't)
Old 01-26-21, 11:50 AM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Well... I did state "somewhat sport-like qualities". Guess it's an interpretation of what "somewhat" means to you. What I tried to say was the NX rides more car-like than the RX, or most other SUV's out there that some almost remind me of driving a small bus. Sure I would rather get a Porsche Macon, which is more sport like, but does not have the dependability of a Lexus.
Heck, maybe I will get a Macon, have to wait to see the 2022 NX first before deciding.
I don't find the NX sporting at all...sporty looking maybe, but it's actual handling is pretty bad. Now, granted, it's not a full size SUV, but in it's class of compact luxury SUV's it's towards the bottom on the handling front (comparing with Macan, Q5, X3, GLC, XC60, RDX, Stelvio, etc.).
Old 01-27-21, 12:14 PM
jer
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by specONE
I have a feeling this 2022 NX will be a heavy facelift but based on the same generation NX, (example, 2021 Lexus IS model was a heavy facelift that fooled many thinking its a new generation when it isn't)
My understanding is this is to be based on the new TNGA platform. So although it will probably have a similar exterior look, hopefully will truly be all new and as stated above, with new powertrains including a plug-in variant.
Old 01-28-21, 11:25 PM
mike995134
Driver

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

For those of you who currently drive the NX and have large dogs, how’s the headroom in the cargo area for them? We’re planning to trade our 2011 IS for a medium-size SUV this Summer and of course being Lexus fans we’re thinking the NX might work. We don’t need something too large as we have a GX460 for large off-road size family duties. Just need a classy looking, reliable mall-crawler that can handle daily errands while having room for the pups (two German Shepards). TIA for your thoughts!

Quick Reply: 2022 Lexus NX Spied (post #67 with new image)