NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

2022 Lexus NX Spied (post #67 with new image)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-21, 06:20 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by RXWes
I plan on getting the first year of the new Plug In Hybrid NX.

I normally keep a vehicle 6 years. So I will get a couple extra years of Platinum Extended warranty. To
alleviate the first model year worries.
Good Luck. Unless battery supply and chip availability improves the NX prime will be hard to find in Florida the same as RAV4 primes. Also, due to the CARB States power, Toyota does not sell these limited production vehicles in Florida(non CARB State). I cannot find one Prime for sale in the whole State of Florida. I am being referred to buy one from out of State, particularly New York(a CARB State) that has plenty. Toyota needs the credits CARB gives them so they sell in California.
Old 03-13-21, 07:44 AM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

I talked to the sales people in Melbourne. They are taking orders for Primes. Lets see what happens. If I have to go out of state or wait for a 2023. Will see
Old 03-23-21, 01:22 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
Good Luck. Unless battery supply and chip availability improves the NX prime will be hard to find in Florida the same as RAV4 primes. Also, due to the CARB States power, Toyota does not sell these limited production vehicles in Florida(non CARB State). I cannot find one Prime for sale in the whole State of Florida. I am being referred to buy one from out of State, particularly New York(a CARB State) that has plenty. Toyota needs the credits CARB gives them so they sell in California.
Originally Posted by RXWes
I talked to the sales people in Melbourne. They are taking orders for Primes. Lets see what happens. If I have to go out of state or wait for a 2023. Will see
For those who are waiting for a 2022 plug-in hybrid NX, if the RAV4 Prime is any indication, they should be prepared to be waiting quite a while for their car, and they should be prepared to be paying a hefty price premium.

Not only is it almost impossible to find a RAV4 Prime at any dealer, but there are long waiting lists to be able to buy one. The RAV4 Prime has an MSRP that is $10,000 higher than that of a similarly well-equipped regular RAV4 Hybrid, and dealers are charging a premium that averages around $10,000 over MSRP for any that are available. That means that a well-equipped RAV4 Prime is likely to sell for around $60,000+.

I'm confident in guessing that the situation with an NX plug-in hybrid will be similar, and, considering that an NX typically sells for around $10,000 more than a similarly-equipped RAV4, that likely means that people will be paying $70,000 (or more) for a 2022 NX plug-in hybrid.

For $70,000, there are a lot of excellent car choices, and I'm not sure that I'd put an NX at the top of my list in that price range.
Old 03-23-21, 02:08 PM
zkl2003
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
For $70,000, there are a lot of excellent car choices, and I'm not sure that I'd put an NX at the top of my list in that price range.
Man, 70K for NX. For sure I would look for another type car haha
Old 03-23-21, 03:09 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 311 Likes on 244 Posts

It's almost impossible to find the Rav4 Prime XSE in CA also. I saw one and it was gone within a few with a steep markup also.

NX would even be harder if it happens.
Old 03-30-21, 04:58 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

It's been almost a month since the leak, anyone have an idea when Lexus may officially debut the new NX?
Old 03-30-21, 07:28 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by websurfer
It's almost impossible to find the Rav4 Prime XSE in CA also. I saw one and it was gone within a few with a steep markup also.

NX would even be harder if it happens.
Cannot give away those Prius Prime here in the Northeast, one dealer has almost 70 of them in stock.
Old 03-30-21, 08:22 AM
End1ess
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jer
It's been almost a month since the leak, anyone have an idea when Lexus may officially debut the new NX?
I think this gonna to delay even more due to production delay. A friend order a Toyota late last year and still waiting, dealer told him cannot confirm arrival date due to chip shortage.
Old 03-30-21, 10:55 AM
zkl2003
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jer
Today they introduced a new Electric concept car and they did mention about two more new car to debut this year. Feels like they are talking about the new NX. It had 4 cars in the back, one of them looks like NX The rumor said March 26 but that didn't happen
Old 03-31-21, 08:03 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by End1ess
I think this gonna to delay even more due to production delay. A friend order a Toyota late last year and still waiting, dealer told him cannot confirm arrival date due to chip shortage.
I sure hope not...I'm starting to get new car fever bad. Although I suppose if they delay past December, that just lets me have more cash put away for a bigger down payment...
Old 04-05-21, 06:56 PM
Medicalmav
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love the red

With the camel interior.
Old 04-06-21, 07:07 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Medicalmav
With the camel interior.
I hope they bathe the camel first...those are some smelly beasts!
Old 04-06-21, 10:48 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Dorsai
I hope they bathe the camel first...those are some smelly beasts!
What's wrong with cow leather?
Old 04-13-21, 10:20 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 769 Likes on 479 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by The G Man
What's wrong with cow leather?
I don't think they meant camel as the animal.. probably the color? But I think as time goes on people are realizing that one doesn't need the skin of an animal to sit on. We have several friends that have money and they refuse to buy a vehicle if it has leather. They would do some other man made material before owning a vehicle that has animal skin in it..lol. I'm not at that level and I do like leather but I see where they are coming from honestly. A friend who works as a designer for Rolls Royce said she and her team are working on alternatives to animal products inside the vehicle. She said as weird as that sounds there is a growing number of people that just don't want to be associated with products like that and they want more eco/animal friendly stuff..

I still like cloth seats honestly. Cloth seats in my 07' Solara still look new. With leather even after taking care of it, it gets those ugly *** lines/creases in it. I can't remember if my wife's NX and my RCF have the Nuluxe or actual leather. Her seats so far after 3 years have held up. Though they need a cleaning because of the caramel color.

-Nigel
Old 04-13-21, 01:52 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nigel821
I don't think they meant camel as the animal.. probably the color? But I think as time goes on people are realizing that one doesn't need the skin of an animal to sit on. We have several friends that have money and they refuse to buy a vehicle if it has leather. They would do some other man made material before owning a vehicle that has animal skin in it..lol. I'm not at that level and I do like leather but I see where they are coming from honestly. A friend who works as a designer for Rolls Royce said she and her team are working on alternatives to animal products inside the vehicle. She said as weird as that sounds there is a growing number of people that just don't want to be associated with products like that and they want more eco/animal friendly stuff..

I still like cloth seats honestly. Cloth seats in my 07' Solara still look new. With leather even after taking care of it, it gets those ugly *** lines/creases in it. I can't remember if my wife's NX and my RCF have the Nuluxe or actual leather. Her seats so far after 3 years have held up. Though they need a cleaning because of the caramel color.

-Nigel
i knew that

i find the fake leather in the NX very good, as good as some nappa leather seats in some cars. As far as the animal right groupies, what are we going to do with all the animal skins after we butcher them for food? Throw them out? wouldnt that be more waste? We should use every part of the animal.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lexus NX Spied (post #67 with new image)