NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

First look at the 2022 NX

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-21, 10:12 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by partytimes
Thanks for all the information in the ICE vs Hybrids! My first car was a Civic 95, then Accord 00, and then a Infiniti G37 2010 (which i currently drive - the stupid thing is leaking water the area where my foot rests - and the water condensation is inside and not outside - whole other story!). So in terms of power anything will be an upgrade. I don't really want to get stuck behind the times and get something that would eventually be obsolete.

Is there anything special or different that I have to do with the hybrid? For example, do I have to go to a charging station and gas station? Do I just treat it like an ICE car?
Most of us just treat it like an ICE car. A "plug-in" hybrid is a special type of hybrid and has a larger battery so you can go a number of miles on battery only by plugging it in, but a standard hybrid charges itself from the ICE and regenerative braking as you drive so nothing special required. Now there are some techniques you can use to nurse a few extra miles per gallon out of your hybrid but you have to be careful about that as you don't want to employ those techniques in heavy traffic. The main technique is the "Pulse and Glide" technique described here: Energy-efficient driving - Wikipedia. For example, on a 35 mph street I will just accelerate normally right up to about 40 (the pulse) and then I will let off the gas just a hair to see if the car will go to electric (the glide). This will only work if the ICE is sufficiently warm and oftentimes I find I can still maintain 38 - 40 mph by keeping light and steady pressure on the accelerator, so long as the battery has sufficient charge. This really only works on flat 20 to 40 mph streets. Anything above that and I just drive normally. Also, you have to gauge surrounding traffic. If I'm in heavy traffic or have someone right on my tail I just drive it like a normal ICE car. I have experienced obnoxious hybrid drivers that are trying to eek every last mpg out of their cars and I don't want to be that guy and I certainly don't want to get behind "that guy." They are very annoying.
The following users liked this post:
partytimes (07-25-21)
Old 07-24-21, 03:47 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 107 Posts

I see from the pre-order build sheet that Leather is finally available on the 2022 Lexus NX.
However if you want the F-Sport you can't get Leather. Why?
I want real Leather and the blacked out window trim with AVS suspension but those 3 don't come together.
Also I wanted Ultra Blue Mica 2.0 but you can't get Leather with that color.
It looks like if I want real leather I have to get the Non F Sport Trim.
Old 07-24-21, 04:37 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
I see from the pre-order build sheet that Leather is finally available on the 2022 Lexus NX.
However if you want the F-Sport you can't get Leather. Why?
I want real Leather and the blacked out window trim with AVS suspension but those 3 don't come together.
Also I wanted Ultra Blue Mica 2.0 but you can't get Leather with that color.
It looks like if I want real leather I have to get the Non F Sport Trim.
There is nothing new about any of that. With the current NX, leather is available but only with the Luxury package. With the ES, leather is available but only with the Luxury or Ultra Luxury packages. With the RX, leather is available but only with the Luxury package. With the ES Fsport, current NX Fsport, and RX Fsport, leather is not available.

In any case, if I had a choice of the semi-aniline leather, which is available on the ES Ultra Luxury and RX Luxury, that would be my first choice. On the other hand, if my choice was between the standard leather available on the current NX Luxury and ES Luxury or the NuLuxe, I'd prefer the NuLuxe, which has a softer feel and wears better than the standard leather.
The following 2 users liked this post by lesz:
gamma742 (07-25-21), TechNut (07-25-21)
Old 07-26-21, 09:23 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,156 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Get leather if you lease. Nuluxe if you buy.

That leather will get all oily, then hard and cracky later on in life while vinyl will look supreme for eternity.
Old 07-26-21, 01:57 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

I’ve never sat in Lexus nulux seats but I have drove in BMW’s Sensa-tec seats and they are hard and rubbery, no give at all. I had them on a loaner car all day and my back hurt. I’ve always had leather so I’m concerned that Nulux will not be soft like leather.
Old 07-26-21, 03:09 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I’ve never sat in Lexus nulux seats but I have drove in BMW’s Sensa-tec seats and they are hard and rubbery, no give at all. I had them on a loaner car all day and my back hurt. I’ve always had leather so I’m concerned that Nulux will not be soft like leather.
We had vinyl seats from Mercedes and BMW before, the Lexus nulux is the best out of the three. I actually like the nulux better than the napa leather I have in our other car.
Old 07-26-21, 03:33 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 692 Posts

The NuLuxe is actually noticeably softer than the standard leather that Lexus uses in many of its models. The level of softness of NuLuxe is very similar to the level of softness of the semi-aniline leather that Lexus uses in the higher-tiered trim levels in models like the ES Ultra Luxury and RX Luxury models.
Old 07-27-21, 10:47 AM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

we have rx with leather and nx with nuluxe. Nuluke is preferable for so many reasons.
Old 07-28-21, 10:04 AM
GS350PJ
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2022 NX 350H Auto Fold Mirrors

Hello All,

Does anyone know if the 2022 NX 350H has auto folding side mirrors? I didn't see anything in the latest specs however I was not able to find any info on standard equipment.

Thank you.
Old 07-29-21, 06:22 AM
Rpark
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve seen a few comments elsewhere about folks putting in orders or a deposit for particular trims - are dealers in the US taking orders/deposits yet?
Old 07-29-21, 10:10 AM
andye39s
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Rpark
I’ve seen a few comments elsewhere about folks putting in orders or a deposit for particular trims - are dealers in the US taking orders/deposits yet?
I just did, on a 450H+ with luxury package and Mark Levinson. My salesman says with lux and ML it will most likely come with everything else. I thought that since I'm early they can spec the car, unfortunately it's not the case. The initial batch will be however Lexus builds and ships them to the dealerships. Spec'ing a car can be done later on and will take at least 3 months, which in all likelihood will be much longer on the NX plugin.
Old 07-29-21, 03:28 PM
Rpark
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andye39s
I just did, on a 450H+ with luxury package and Mark Levinson. My salesman says with lux and ML it will most likely come with everything else. I thought that since I'm early they can spec the car, unfortunately it's not the case. The initial batch will be however Lexus builds and ships them to the dealerships. Spec'ing a car can be done later on and will take at least 3 months, which in all likelihood will be much longer on the NX plugin.
Interesting. Seeing as we don’t yet have pricing information, did they just take a standard deposit?
Old 08-05-21, 02:55 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

what are they saying?

Very cool seeing them being produced on the assembly line. I really want one produced from Japan fit and finish is always the best. I remember my IS 350 and how perfect body panels lined up and more important how the space was the same all around the car between panels. Amazing to look at and feel the craftsmanship made from sheet metal.

Last edited by Xanadu350; 08-05-21 at 03:24 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Xanadu350:
andye39s (08-06-21), kolokmee (08-05-21)
Old 08-05-21, 03:18 PM
kolokmee
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

^ You could try turning on the auto-translate option.

In any case, nice to see they are implementing the Smart Summon and Auto park feature in the NX. Hopefully that makes it to NA.
Old 08-05-21, 03:26 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Originally Posted by kolokmee
^ You could try turning on the auto-translate option.

In any case, nice to see they are implementing the Smart Summon and Auto park feature in the NX. Hopefully that makes it to NA.
There is no auto translate on my iPhone when watching unfortunately. Still cool to watch.

Quick Reply: First look at the 2022 NX