NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

First look at the 2022 NX

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-21 | 11:09 PM
nigel821
Racer

Originally Posted by RXWes
Never seen a center console / arm rest open from both the right and left side.

At the 50 second and 4 minute mark in the video.

Our CLK center console opened this way. It's actually not bad. Depending on who need to open it. I'd prefer that way than the current way that doesn't open at a full 90 degrees. My RCF is the same way, it's like Lexus limited the way the console door opens for some reason. It makes it difficult if you need the thing funny opened but yet it doesn't fully open in a way.

This was on our 05' CLK, so it's been out for a while depending on the manufacturer. We never had a problem with it not opening or jamming. I suspect that Lexus won't have an issue with the operation of it, if our German counterpart didn't either.

-Nigel
Old 08-30-21 | 05:33 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Originally Posted by End1ess
Yes, saw that look so cool but felt like over engineering. open from the front is more convenience to me.
It may be a little more complicated, but I like it - it gives you easy access to the compartment along the whole length. Works perfectly for my needs.
Old 08-30-21 | 09:44 AM
2merc3lex
Rookie

I'm looking to buy the NX350 non F sport as soon as possible. Don't think I will find what I want with desired options setting on a dealer's lot so will have to special order. Have had to do it that way the last few cars I bought. But what I am looking at is the new Lexus color Cloud Burst Grey. I have seen a few videos with that color and while some look great in certain angles and light, some look too dark. I wanted to place order ASAP but may have to wait till I can get a first hand look see.
Old 08-30-21 | 11:13 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RXWes
Never seen a center console / arm rest open from both the right and left side.

At the 50 second and 4 minute mark in the video.
Current gen ES does the same thing.
Old 08-30-21 | 11:38 AM
ncatoffic1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2merc3lex
I'm looking to buy the NX350 non F sport as soon as possible. Don't think I will find what I want with desired options setting on a dealer's lot so will have to special order. Have had to do it that way the last few cars I bought. But what I am looking at is the new Lexus color Cloud Burst Grey. I have seen a few videos with that color and while some look great in certain angles and light, some look too dark. I wanted to place order ASAP but may have to wait till I can get a first hand look see.
You could put a deposit in now to reserve a spot. The deposits are all refundable, so you don’t really risk any money
Old 08-30-21 | 02:43 PM
NJRonbo
Driver

Originally Posted by ncatoffic1
You could put a deposit in now to reserve a spot. The deposits are all refundable, so you don’t really risk any money
I’m still scratching my head over this.

Are you guys absolutely certain your deposit is refundable? The purpose of a deposit is to ensure the dealer that you will buy that vehicle he/she is special ordering for you.

I think if you do a Google search you’ll find that a dealer does not have to refund your deposit if you change your mind.

I haven’t walked into a Lexus dealer yet to leave a deposit. So, I am very interested to hear what their policy is vs. what the definition of a deposit really is.
Old 08-30-21 | 02:47 PM
ncatoffic1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NJRonbo
I’m still scratching my head over this.

Are you guys absolutely certain your deposit is refundable? The purpose of a deposit is to ensure the dealer that you will buy that vehicle he/she is special ordering for you.

I think if you do a Google search you’ll find that a dealer does not have to refund your deposit if you change your mind.

I haven’t walked into a Lexus dealer yet to leave a deposit. So, I am very interested to hear what their policy is vs. what the definition of a deposit really is.
I have personally put in a deposit only to cancel later, and the dealer had no problem giving me a refund. I was nice to them. This was at a Toyota dealership. I have since read about some real life experiences from people in Facebook groups where they have been given a refund without any issues.
Old 08-30-21 | 04:43 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Interesting how this works, here is a Lexus dealer in Tenn who shows you that info is starting to appear on their systems for search of what type NX's will be coming. No details shows when they click on that model variant but it shows you the model, NX Luxury, NX F Sport etc...this is exciting...I guess the NX will appear at dealers in the next few months?

So the dealers can see what type NX will be arriving and if they have a customer looking for a certain type model they can request that to their dealership for a sale?
Is that how this works?

This is exactly how I ended up with my loaded IS 350 back in 2007, Lexus advisor just happen to search while I was in that day and they saw this vehicle coming into the port of Jax and they tagged it for me and it arrived at my dealership.

​​​​​​
Old 08-30-21 | 04:45 PM
ncatoffic1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Interesting how this works, here is a Lexus dealer in Tenn who shows you that info is starting to appear on their systems for search of what type NX's will be coming. No details shows when they click on that model variant but it shows you the model, NX Luxury, NX F Sport etc...this is exciting...I guess the NX will appear at dealers in the next few months?

So the dealers can see what type NX will be arriving and if they have a customer looking for a certain type model they can request that to their dealership for a sale?
Is that how this works?

This is exactly how I ended up with my loaded IS 350 back in 2007, Lexus advisor just happen to search while I was in that day and they saw this vehicle coming into the port of Jax and they tagged it for me and it arrived at my dealership.

​​​​​​https://youtu.be/31_dCQ1X8Lc
you beat me to posting this link
Interestingly didn’t see an option to search the plug in hybrid version. Only saw one option in the video for NX hybrid!
The following users liked this post:
Xanadu350 (08-30-21)
Old 08-30-21 | 04:52 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Originally Posted by ncatoffic1
you beat me to posting this link
Interestingly didn’t see an option to search the plug in hybrid version. Only saw one option in the video for NX hybrid!
Right, I am betting that the 450h+ will only be available in certain regions so if you live in the south I'm guessing we won't get any.
I was surprised when this advisor said they can search for a 3000 mile radius, that's cool!!
ncatoffic1 (08-30-21)
Old 08-30-21 | 06:32 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Not sure where this is but a nice look at the 450h+ f sport
Cloudburst gray is such a nice looking color.
​​​​​​
Old 08-31-21 | 09:19 AM
2merc3lex
Rookie

Yes, beautiful color IMO, however have got to believe that the dealership interior lighting somehow helps in that video. I have looked at several other videos that are actually shot outdoors where the car looks a darker color and more deep grey. That's the reason I may have to see one up close and in person before I order.
Old 08-31-21 | 09:27 AM
ncatoffic1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Right, I am betting that the 450h+ will only be available in certain regions so if you live in the south I'm guessing we won't get any.
I was surprised when this advisor said they can search for a 3000 mile radius, that's cool!!
You are right. I asked this question in the video comments for that video. Jake (whose video this was) confirmed that they won’t have the ability to even special order it for maybe a year, and the only option would be to get one from one of the states where these cars will originally be sold
Old 08-31-21 | 12:39 PM
2merc3lex
Rookie

Got this second hand, don't hold me accountable. Was just on the phone this morning with an acquaintance who just had a conversation with a close friend of his who owns or runs a dealership in Atlanta. This dealer (a high volume dealer) told him he was told not to expect to get any 2022 NXs with luxury packages right away. If this is true many of us will be deeply disappointed. I pressed him on how long this could last and they don't know, but are playing it month to month. He expects to start getting some low end NXs soon however.
ncatoffic1 (08-31-21)
Old 08-31-21 | 01:09 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nigel821
Our CLK center console opened this way. It's actually not bad. Depending on who need to open it. I'd prefer that way than the current way that doesn't open at a full 90 degrees. My RCF is the same way, it's like Lexus limited the way the console door opens for some reason. It makes it difficult if you need the thing funny opened but yet it doesn't fully open in a way.

This was on our 05' CLK, so it's been out for a while depending on the manufacturer. We never had a problem with it not opening or jamming. I suspect that Lexus won't have an issue with the operation of it, if our German counterpart didn't either.2005

-Nigel
I also had a 2005 CLK. Loved it. If I remember correctly the lid also opened from the front. Am I correct Nigel?

Quick Reply: First look at the 2022 NX