NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

First look at the 2022 NX

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-21, 08:02 AM
andye39s
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by partytimes
Does anyone have an estimate price for the panoramic camera option? Are we looking at like $2000? I am thinking about NX 350 FSport Luxury and adding the camera.
On the RX it's $1850, so yeah around $2k would be a safe assumption.

Originally Posted by 2merc3lex
I am from the Florida panhandle and just today was on phone to Lexus of Mobile which is closest dealership to me. Have over the years purchased four new cars from them. When I talked about pricing of the NX and am a return customer, I indicated that I expected a discounted price. He was quick to tell me that they would not be selling under MSRP, but assured me that they would not charge more than MSRP. So, after all is said and done I ended up putting $1000 down to get on the list. The money is fully refundable if I do not buy, but shows a certain sincerity of intent.
Same, my dealer wants $1K to be put on the list, to make sure people are serious. I knew better than to ask for a discount though even though I've bought 6 cars from him lol, but did make sure there's no markup from sticker. I like to think I have a good relationship with them. I've given them stellar feedback on sales and services from the Lexus survey they sent.

Last edited by andye39s; 09-18-21 at 08:08 AM.
Old 09-18-21, 08:19 AM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 91 Posts

My sales person told me yesterday afternoon, that he and several of his associates are spending the day Monday 9/20, inspecting and test driving an assortment of 2022 NX's somewhere in the Chicago area, so vehicles are in the country.

Shouldn't be long now until we see some in dealer showrooms.
Old 09-18-21, 08:23 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

I was comparing the 2021 NX F Sport to the 2022 NX F Sport and was surprised that mileage was worse not better.

2021 NX 300 F Sport
City/Hwy/Combined
22/27/24

2022 NX 350 F Sport
Only Combined has been released

That's 2 MPG less than last years NX.
So using a 2 MPG difference would this be correct for the 2021 NX 350 F Sport
City/Hwy/Combined
20/25/22

I know that torque and hp are up and it's a 2.4 vs a 2.0 but it's still an in-line 4 turbo.
I'm surprised at the #'s going down instead of staying the same or better by 1 or 2 mpg and in addition it's an 8 speed Trans instead of the 6 speed and I thought that would have helped in MPG....is it the weight of the vehicle?
Old 09-18-21, 09:58 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
I am not at all critical of dealers who might be selling cars for a premium over MSRP if the current supply and demand situation warrants it.

In recent weeks, I've stopped by a nearby Toyota dealer a few times. Each time, their entire inventory consisted of fewer than a dozen new vehicles, and almost all of them had already been sold and were just waiting for the buyers to pick them up. They have been taking orders for vehicles, but Toyota, because of current production limitations, has canceled many of those orders, and the dealer has had to call the people who placed orders to tell them that those orders have been canceled.

If a dealer is in the business of selling cars, it can't sell cars if it can't get them. In that case, if a car has an MSRP, say, of $50,000, and if one potential buyer is willing to pay $50,000 for that car and another is willing to pay $60,000 for the same car, I can't be critical if the dealer decides to sell the car to the customer willing to pay $60,000.

While I might not be happy to pay $60,000 for a car with an MSRP of $50,000, no one is forcing me to buy a car right now. I certainly didn't complain when Carvana paid me $5000 more for my 2017 ES than what they had offered me for the same car 2 months earlier, and I would wonder why any dealer would sell cars for prices lower than what is called for by current supply and demand conditions.
You make good points here Les. Unfortunately, in a free market we have to recognize that supply and demand dictates prices. This is just Economics 101. The dealers and their sales forces are definitely under stress right now with such limited supply. I was at the dealer on Thursday for service on my RX and noticed they had 0 new cars available. The showroom and lot were both empty, except for some used vehicles in the lot. The service rep stated they are only seeing a single transport truck every 7 to 10 days and most of the cars already have deposits on them - which is how we purchased our RX back in March. It is a difficult market for consumers and dealers alike right now, but I want the local dealer to make a reasonable profit and I want their sales force to be able to make a decent living. These are difficult times for many people and industries, so I wouldn't fault them for adding a local surcharge if that's what it takes to keep the store open.

Interesting aside here - the dealer called me about our RX and asked me to schedule it for service since it hit the six month mark. I said I wasn't going to bother because it only had 1200 miles on it (some health challenges have limited our driving this summer). They "strongly encouraged" me to bring it in anyway and reminded me that Lexus pays for these first two services. They gave me some pretty lame reasoning, but I went ahead and made the appointment because I wanted a couple of dealer-only changes performed. My "understanding" is that Lexus reimburses the dealer for these first two services if they are conducted on schedule and since the margins are so tight for the dealers right now they may be trying to make sure no money is left on the table by encouraging timely service visits on new vehicles? This is mostly speculation on my part, but they have never pressed me to schedule unnecessary service before...
Old 09-18-21, 10:30 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

No shortage of 4GEN RXs from what I can tell. A large dealer nearby currently has 125 in stock including 21s and 22s. They can't all be possibly spoken for already.
Old 09-18-21, 11:00 AM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

Need to come to Florida plenty of cars for sale. Plenty at the two Lexus dealers I’ve been to in the last month.

Last edited by RXWes; 09-18-21 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-18-21, 05:18 PM
jer
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Checking all the standard/optional features on the 22 NX, not seeing power folding mirrors. With all the other options available was hoping this would also be available
Old 09-19-21, 12:52 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jer
Checking all the standard/optional features on the 22 NX, not seeing power folding mirrors. With all the other options available was hoping this would also be available
That's a big exclusion for a luxury vehicle.
Old 09-19-21, 09:58 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
No shortage of 4GEN RXs from what I can tell. A large dealer nearby currently has 125 in stock including 21s and 22s. They can't all be possibly spoken for already.
Did you go to/by the lot to see if they really do? My dealer's website shows 15. Where are they? My RX was on the website for about two weeks after it was sitting in my garage. You have to remember, the website is a marketing tool and isn't necessarily accurate. My dealer includes inbound vehicles (even those with deposits) as well as recent sales.
The following users liked this post:
lesz (09-19-21)
Old 09-19-21, 11:00 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,014 Likes on 693 Posts

Originally Posted by TechNut
Did you go to/by the lot to see if they really do? My dealer's website shows 15. Where are they? My RX was on the website for about two weeks after it was sitting in my garage. You have to remember, the website is a marketing tool and isn't necessarily accurate. My dealer includes inbound vehicles (even those with deposits) as well as recent sales.
Yep. If dealers can include more vehicles on their website by showing vehicles that they recently sold and ones that they have ordered, doing so can encourage more potential customers to make an initial inquiry, and once that potential buyer does so, that gives the dealer the opportunity to say "we just sold that car" or "we are expecting that car to be delivered in 3 weeks" but "we have another car that might be interested in" or "we have a nice 2019 used model that is in perfect condition and that can save you lots of money". And, once they get people to come into the showroom, they, at least, have a chance to make a sale that they otherwise would not have had a chance of making.

When I bought my RAV4 hybrid almost a year ago, the vehicle was still on the dealer's website, not only after I had electronically signed a purchase agreement and put down a deposit, but, also, after I picked it up. And that was long before the current vehicle shortages. If dealers were doing that in "normal times", I'm sure that they are doing it even more now.

Last edited by lesz; 09-19-21 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-19-21, 02:25 PM
chilipalm
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jer
That's a big omission as the previous model has power folding mirrors as standard. Maybe they just forgot to put it as it does say the mirrors have auto-tilt down.
Old 09-20-21, 08:25 AM
evident
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

How does this compare size wise to the 2nd Gen RX330/RX350?
Old 09-20-21, 02:25 PM
jer
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

I think this will be close to the 2nd gen RX as the current RAV4 is 182", whereas the 2nd gen RX was 186". For reference, the original RX300 was 180"l x 72"w
Old 09-20-21, 02:48 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,014 Likes on 693 Posts

Originally Posted by evident
How does this compare size wise to the 2nd Gen RX330/RX350?
Originally Posted by jer
I think this will be close to the 2nd gen RX as the current RAV4 is 182", whereas the 2nd gen RX was 186". For reference, the original RX300 was 180"l x 72"w
Yep, vehicles seem to get bigger and bigger with each new generation. My 2021 RAV4 hybrid is actually a little bit bigger than was the 1998 Toyota 4Runner that I owned at the time.
Old 09-20-21, 04:27 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,134 Likes on 734 Posts

The 2022 NX is 183.45 inches long and 73.42 inches wide. The 2021 NX is 183 inches long and 74 inches wide. Evident above asked how does that compare to and older RX. A 2008 RX is 186 inches long and 73 wide.

Quick Reply: First look at the 2022 NX