NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

First look at the 2022 NX

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-21, 04:49 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

What are the colors for the 350 f sport interior and exterior? I can’t find any info.
Old 06-12-21, 05:16 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,134 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
What are the colors for the 350 f sport interior and exterior? I can’t find any info.
Check YouTube clip above that is listed as interior colors. Exterior colors
Redline, Cloudburst Gray and Grecian Water. For colors exclusive to F SPORT models, the palette includes Ultra White, Obsidian and Ultra Sonic Blue Mica 2.0.

Last edited by Freds430; 06-12-21 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-12-21, 06:54 PM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

Here is some information

https://www.lexus.com/nextNX/2022_Le...ss_Release.pdf
Old 06-12-21, 06:56 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Does any know if the triple beam headlights are adaptive?
Old 06-12-21, 11:26 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The round " L " badge is way better then the Lexus word IMO
Old 06-13-21, 01:41 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by jmull3r
they’re claiming 6.8 secs to 60 for the new NX350 model, idk if it’s just me but that sounds a little underwhelming considering how much more torque it has.
Its limited by FWD and an all season tire. My wifes' NX200t already loses traction from a stop. Better tires would help but the torque surge a turbo engine on a FWD car will always be a limiting factor on 0-60. Once you are moving though, the passing time should be a nice improvement over the 2.0, which isnt too bad to begin with.
Old 06-13-21, 07:44 AM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by BMGS
Its limited by FWD and an all season tire. My wifes' NX200t already loses traction from a stop. Better tires would help but the torque surge a turbo engine on a FWD car will always be a limiting factor on 0-60. Once you are moving though, the passing time should be a nice improvement over the 2.0, which isnt too bad to begin with.
No, the NX is just poorly setup. My NX200t AWD cuts power accelerating from a stop at full throttle for no reason at all, it's traction control is overly aggressive, add in the slow/dumb transmission, and generally weak powerband and it's pretty sad. Our old Rav4 v6 with 267hp could do 0-60 in 6.5 seconds, and that's with just a 5 speed transmission. If the 275hp 2.4l turbo can't do it faster than that, it's a problem. Heck, even the new rav4 prime is dipping into the sub 6 second range. Lexus just fails at setting up a vehicle properly.
Old 06-13-21, 09:57 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Putt
The round " L " badge is way better then the Lexus word IMO
Agree it looks awful. Copying Lincoln, Genesis, Volvo. Yuck.
The following 2 users liked this post by mikemu30:
dangit69 (06-13-21), Robb79 (09-06-21)
Old 06-13-21, 11:17 AM
LexNYC83
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
Great clip of the interior color options. Not crazy about any of the. Like light color interiors and Lexus leaves us with one option palomino.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDRI...HALOOTOHALOOTO
The decisions on this Gen are going to be hard. F-Sport vs Lux, EWP vs AS, only clear choice so far is Palomino for the interior if I go with a Lux. If I go F-Sport then that's a whole different story. I like the all chrome wheels on the H and H+, can't tell from all I've seen what wheels will go exclusive to the 350 or if it will be by Trim. The Black and Silver wheel looks like the base 250 wheel. The all gloss black wheel on the F-Sport I am not really feeling, not sure how I feel about the color fenders either vs. the slim black on the non F. Definitely getting one of these before December to Remember is over this year, I hear some dealerships are already taking waitlist sign ups. I want more definitive details on the actual trims and colors because I may special order.

Saw someone say it earlier...but that official reveal was horrible, they made all that hype and had people stay up that late to do a 2 min video without any Rep walk-thru the vehicle like Hyundai did for the all new Tucson? I think the ES refresh got alot more detail a few months ago in that reveal, at this point there are still too many unanswered questions for a whole new NX generation after revealing it after such a long wait. Hell, the NX reveal should have happened months ago even before a reveal for an ES refresh. They need to really shake up their marketing dept. I saw the Europe and Japan videos, gave much more insight than the NA market (colors, features, displacements...etc...). I guess now we wait some more to see if we get the same as what I have seen for the overseas models.
Old 06-13-21, 01:24 PM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by no1SomeGuy
No, the NX is just poorly setup. My NX200t AWD cuts power accelerating from a stop at full throttle for no reason at all, it's traction control is overly aggressive, add in the slow/dumb transmission, and generally weak powerband and it's pretty sad. Our old Rav4 v6 with 267hp could do 0-60 in 6.5 seconds, and that's with just a 5 speed transmission. If the 275hp 2.4l turbo can't do it faster than that, it's a problem. Heck, even the new rav4 prime is dipping into the sub 6 second range. Lexus just fails at setting up a vehicle properly.
Must be an AWD model issue, none of those issues are present on our FWD model, it's been awesome for what it is.
Old 06-13-21, 01:25 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Lexus is calling the triple beam headlights:
Head Lamp (Hi w/ AHS)
What does AHS stand for?
​​​​​​
https://global.toyota/en/album/images/35290949/
Old 06-13-21, 02:07 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

This is the first I've seen mention of the Mark Levinson system in the NX. It will have 17 speakers. WOW!! No mention of watts, wonder if it will be like ML in the new IS.

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/le...​​
  • The Lexus Premium Sound System consists of 10 speakers, including a large-capacity subwoofer box, utilizing the bass reflex structure of the rear speakers and the body framework (lower back) to achieve rich and crisp low-frequency reproduction. Meanwhile, the Mark Levinson*7 Premium Surround Sound System is based on the Mark Levinson*7 PurePlay concept. Seventeen speakers, including a large-capacity subwoofer box that utilizes the body frame, are optimally placed to create a stage feeling that extends from front to back and left to right. The aim is to achieve a sense of stage and pure, distortion-free sound. Both sound systems also support the playback of high-resolution sound sources (96kHz/24bit), which contain more information than CD sound sources (44.1kHz/16bit).
Old 06-13-21, 04:21 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,134 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Lexus is calling the triple beam headlights:
Head Lamp (Hi w/ AHS)
What does AHS stand for?
​​​​​​
https://global.toyota/en/album/images/35290949/
https://www.lexus.eu/discover-lexus/...le.com%2F#hero
Old 06-13-21, 08:23 PM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by BMGS
Must be an AWD model issue, none of those issues are present on our FWD model, it's been awesome for what it is.
It's all perspective...the NX has better performance than most of the non-luxury SUV's out there (short maybe the turbo CX-5), but once you step up into the luxury SUV's (Lexus, BMW, Merc, Audi, Acura, Volvo, Lincoln, etc.) it's performance is rather disappointing and bottom of the pack, I've driven them all. And compared to my Macan GTS, it's light years behind. It's a lot of software issues too with the programming of the AWD system, transmission, traction/stability control, etc...it's overly cautious and aggressively cuts power...they could without changing the actual drivetrain make it a far more engaging vehicle to drive quickly.

Based on the press release too, I'm not expecting much improvement in the dynamics department. The new Rav4 Prime powertrain/setup is apparently pretty bad, lots of torque steer and under steer, and this is going to inherit all of that. I doubt the new 2.4l is going to be drastically different in the tuning of the systems either, though it should be a smidge faster, the NX200t is doing 6.9's to 60 already, so pretty poor improvement for an extra 40hp and 2 more gears in the transmission.

I know people will say that Lexus are setup for comfort rather than performance but my Macan rides better and still has all the performance.

Old 06-14-21, 01:28 AM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by no1SomeGuy
It's all perspective...the NX has better performance than most of the non-luxury SUV's out there (short maybe the turbo CX-5), but once you step up into the luxury SUV's (Lexus, BMW, Merc, Audi, Acura, Volvo, Lincoln, etc.) it's performance is rather disappointing and bottom of the pack, I've driven them all. And compared to my Macan GTS, it's light years behind. It's a lot of software issues too with the programming of the AWD system, transmission, traction/stability control, etc...it's overly cautious and aggressively cuts power...they could without changing the actual drivetrain make it a far more engaging vehicle to drive quickly.

Based on the press release too, I'm not expecting much improvement in the dynamics department. The new Rav4 Prime powertrain/setup is apparently pretty bad, lots of torque steer and under steer, and this is going to inherit all of that. I doubt the new 2.4l is going to be drastically different in the tuning of the systems either, though it should be a smidge faster, the NX200t is doing 6.9's to 60 already, so pretty poor improvement for an extra 40hp and 2 more gears in the transmission.

I know people will say that Lexus are setup for comfort rather than performance but my Macan rides better and still has all the performance.
Definitely perspective, we bought the NX as a pre-owned low $20k "throwaway" for my wife and new baby to use for a few years as the little one grows up and abuses it. Still in perfect condition after 20 months! For the price, I am very impressed with everything but we barely explore performance with the family passengers.

Reliability was the reason we stuck with Lexus and I wasnt getting her a Porsche! I wouldn't ever compare it to a real performance vehicle like a Macan, I dont even think they are in the same price range. I was actually thinking of replacing my GS with a Macan since the GS has stopped production.

I agree that the NX is not the car to buy for someone looking for a performance vehicle, no matter how nicely the F-Sport package may be marketed. While it can be improved with tires and engine tuning, it will always have those FWD bones. Under that lens, it does impress me with the low end and loss of traction under WOT, just a but of fun when I rarely drive the car alone.

We will likely replace the current NX with the new one in a few years and at the pre-owned price, it's a pretty great car but I can see how it can get nit picky when paying 40-50k+ for a new example.

Last edited by BMGS; 06-14-21 at 02:14 AM.

Quick Reply: First look at the 2022 NX