Originally Posted by ps23
Glorified and overpriced RAV4.

And yet pricing hasn't been announced..
Old 06-16-21, 10:45 AM
catchtanya
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
I wonder if the back up cam will be higher resolution after all these yrs.
Of course not... its still a Lexus - using the same stuff year over year. I'll still buy it though. At least my current 15' nx hasnt left me stranded like my 17' audi has...
The following users liked this post:
Vitveet (06-26-21)
Old 06-16-21, 11:02 AM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogarven
I have heard that the base Macan is nothing special as far as performance and that you have to get at least the S version . I have toyed with the idea of getting one but at $75K , seems hard to justify . Also, the upkeep of one is certainly much more pedantic than the Lexus. I just wish they would have stuck the old tried and true 350 6 cylinder in it rather than all these turbos.

I have a friend( in her 80s) that had a 6cy Rav4 and traded it for a new Rav4 Prime. She seems to be happy but I told her that she would have got more money for the old one if she would have let me sell it for her as those are desirable .
The base Macan is better than the NX in terms of acceleration but only by a little bit. It's light years ahead in the handling department though.

I miss our old Rav4 v6 AWD Limited....it was a great vehicle. Lots of guts and TONS of interior space. It got written off (someone ran a stop sign in front of us) and the payout resulted in less than $1000/year in depreciation in the time we owned the vehicle (bought used, had it 6 years).
Old 06-16-21, 02:53 PM
kgbman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the boot up time is kinda long.... disapointed.
Old 06-16-21, 05:40 PM
formykid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non Hybrid NX….not impressed.

I have been given a 2021 Standard (non hybrid) as a loaner when our RX350 was in for service. All I can say is “not impressed”. Harsh ride, mostly plastic interior, bad ergonomics (in my opinion).
If someone ends up paying 10k over invoice for one of these they are getting ripped off……unless they have made major improvements over the 2021.
Old 06-16-21, 06:59 PM
Mark2002
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NX Grill

The pictures look good except for grill.
Old 06-17-21, 05:15 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by no1SomeGuy
The base Macan is better than the NX in terms of acceleration but only by a little bit. It's light years ahead in the handling department though.

I miss our old Rav4 v6 AWD Limited....it was a great vehicle. Lots of guts and TONS of interior space. It got written off (someone ran a stop sign in front of us) and the payout resulted in less than $1000/year in depreciation in the time we owned the vehicle (bought used, had it 6 years).
The Macan should handle better than the NX, it cost a lot more. We looked at a used a Macan turbo last year and the handling was good for an SUV, but sedans are what you want to be driving if handling is a priority, There is also the crazy Porsche maintenance cost, Talking to the Porsche service dept, I found out the 3rd year service which includes the dual clutch transmission fluid change cost almost $3000 and the 4th year which include plugs cost $2000. That turn us off to the Porsche brand.
We also had a old RAV4 V6, that was a fact SUV, we blew away a few Mazda Miata off the line
Old 06-17-21, 07:10 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 107 Posts

Which model will be the fastest and most fun to drive? The 350 turbo or the 450h+
Old 06-17-21, 09:23 AM
jsmith
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm eager to find out more about the NX450H+ PHEV. I want to get my feet wet in PHEV before a BEV. I was underwhelmed by a Honda Clarity I checked out. Popular in California but not out here in the East Coast. Similar to the RAV4 PRIME, this NX PHEV has good EV range which would suit our use case around town etc. Interesting to note that the RAV4P is selling with $10k premiums over MSRP which places them in the Lexus territory.
Old 06-17-21, 10:04 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Originally Posted by kgbman
the boot up time is kinda long.... disapointed.
That’s the first thing I noticed too. It takes way too long for both the multimedia and Speedo to start up. Especially touting new faster chip. You could say it’s a proto type then why use it for all the marketing videos. It just really looks slow boot up for 2021.
Old 06-17-21, 02:38 PM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by formykid
I have been given a 2021 Standard (non hybrid) as a loaner when our RX350 was in for service. All I can say is “not impressed”. Harsh ride, mostly plastic interior, bad ergonomics (in my opinion).
If someone ends up paying 10k over invoice for one of these they are getting ripped off……unless they have made major improvements over the 2021.
It looks like they’ve made significant improvements.

When my RX is in for service I ask to drive the NX for a loaner. Knowing I am buying one in the future. And I’m glad to see the went back to the touchscreen. My old RX330 had it.

And I’m glad to see they are moving away from the “ Velcro an iPad to the dash “ look.

On the extended boot up time. Is it possibly that’s it’s due to being connected to the internet for everything. Cloud based Profiles and maps.
mandm904 (11-12-21)
Old 06-17-21, 03:46 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by RXWes
It looks like they’ve made significant improvements.

When my RX is in for service I ask to drive the NX for a loaner. Knowing I am buying one in the future. And I’m glad to see the went back to the touchscreen. My old RX330 had it.

And I’m glad to see they are moving away from the “ Velcro an iPad to the dash “ look.

On the extended boot up time. Is it possibly that’s it’s due to being connected to the internet for everything. Cloud based Profiles and maps.
I agree, its an improvement over the current NX, the touch screen is much better than the tiny HVAC button and the hard to operate touch pad.

Too many functions in the digital display will cause the program imitating time longer, even with a faster processor.

The touch screen is still a bit too much ipad like for me, not quite as integrated as I would liKe. Not liking that backward 7 accent trim in the shifter area either.

mandm904 (11-12-21)
Old 06-17-21, 04:19 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

I don’t like that backwards 7 trim either the reason is it makes the driver feel disassociated with the center console. They should have made it a 7 so the open end is on the driver side. Keeping the passenger out of your space as a driver.

I also don’t like the plain side of the passenger dash. I sure hope it comes with some designer stitching color coded to match interior. It just looks sooo bland on that side for a luxury vehicle.
Old 06-17-21, 06:32 PM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

On the steering wheel. It looks like it has two cursor type switch’s. Up, Down, Left and right.

Di the left hand side control the driver instruments selections? And the right hand side control the navigation display?

So that just The Phone and Voice command button? No Cruise or volume controls?
Old 06-17-21, 09:01 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by RXWes
On the steering wheel. It looks like it has two cursor type switch’s. Up, Down, Left and right.

Di the left hand side control the driver instruments selections? And the right hand side control the navigation display?

So that just The Phone and Voice command button? No Cruise or volume controls?
Perhaps cruise control is still a stalk? Wouldn’t seem consistent with their trend in other Lexus vehicles though.

Quick Reply: First look at the 2022 NX