NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

First look at the 2022 NX

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-21, 04:03 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,116 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by TechNut
Perhaps cruise control is still a stalk? Wouldn’t seem consistent with their trend in other Lexus vehicles though.
It is a stalk on the left side of the steering wheel.
Old 06-18-21, 04:42 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
I don’t like that backwards 7 trim either the reason is it makes the driver feel disassociated with the center console. They should have made it a 7 so the open end is on the driver side. Keeping the passenger out of your space as a driver.

I also don’t like the plain side of the passenger dash. I sure hope it comes with some designer stitching color coded to match interior. It just looks sooo bland on that side for a luxury vehicle.
I agree, that 7 trim should be turned around, the trim should separate the center controls from the passenger side to make the dash seem more driver-centric. I have never been a big fan of these recent Lexus asymmetry interior designs as well as the direction of their grille designs.
Old 06-18-21, 05:26 AM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

I wrote Cruise Control when I meant the Radio Mode button. Every Lexus has the cruise on the stalk.
Old 06-18-21, 10:48 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by RXWes
Every Lexus has the cruise on the stalk.
I don't believe that is true. Here is a thread about the cruise control being on the steering wheel for the 7th generation ESh.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...rol-stalk.html

I believe that this is also the case for the current generation LS and possibly some other recent Lexus models. Lexus and Toyota seem to be moving toward this design in many of their newer car models.
Old 06-18-21, 02:28 PM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

That would be nice to have. Do we have any info yet on the steering wheel controls on the new NX?
Old 06-18-21, 02:44 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

I wrote Cruise Control when I meant the Radio Mode button. Every Lexus has the cruise on the stalk.
Lesz is correct. It is on the steering wheel on the current generation of the ES. To be candid, I prefer the stalk because I can do it by feel & memory. On the ES I have to look down at the buttons on the wheel. It’s just more distracting in my experience.
Old 06-18-21, 02:55 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 692 Posts

That would be nice to have. Do we have any info yet on the steering wheel controls on the new NX?
With the RAV4 Hybrid that I bought last fall, the cruise control buttons are on the steering wheel, and I prefer that to having a stalk for the cruise control. For me, it is more intuitive and convenient on the steering wheel. However, based on the thread that I linked above, I may be in the minority with my preference.
Old 06-19-21, 11:02 AM
kolokmee
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
I agree, that 7 trim should be turned around, the trim should separate the center controls from the passenger side to make the dash seem more driver-centric. I have never been a big fan of these recent Lexus asymmetry interior designs as well as the direction of their grille designs.
The 'backwards 7 trim' is supposed to represent the F-sport logo. Lexus has lots of the stylized 'F' in their design language. You see that in the door handles for the RX as an example.
Old 06-25-21, 03:56 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,116 Likes on 723 Posts

Good video showing the exterior and interior colors of the 20222 NX. They eliminated atomic silver, silver lining metallic and nebula gray.

Old 06-25-21, 05:59 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Not liking the color choices at all. Why would they eliminate the Silver colors? I wanted an Atomic silver NX. The red, green, blue and orange look like Jelly Beans. Don't see the Nori green(dark green) as posted from Poland in a previous post(Euro color?). Also, I'm a not a fan of 2 tone interiors. Will have to wait to see the real NX in person, internet colors often are not what you get.

The other issue I have to watch will be the availability of the 450h+. If it is anything like the RAV4 Prime it won't be available in Florida and some other states.

Old 06-25-21, 08:33 AM
kolokmee
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Is there an actual source of those colours other than some fan's photoshop?

Atomic Silver and Nebula Gray are such quintessential Lexus colours, there is no way they would remove that for the 22 NX.
The following users liked this post:
Vitveet (06-26-21)
Old 06-25-21, 08:35 AM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
Not liking the color choices at all. Why would they eliminate the Silver colors? I wanted an Atomic silver NX. The red, green, blue and orange look like Jelly Beans. Don't see the Nori green(dark green) as posted from Poland in a previous post(Euro color?). Also, I'm a not a fan of 2 tone interiors. Will have to wait to see the real NX in person, internet colors often are not what you get.

The other issue I have to watch will be the availability of the 450h+. If it is anything like the RAV4 Prime it won't be available in Florida and some other states.

Wow, nothing like the boring 50 shades of grey...vehicles colours have become so boring, I welcome greens (especially), reds, blues, and other colours.
Old 06-25-21, 11:13 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by no1SomeGuy
Wow, nothing like the boring 50 shades of grey...vehicles colours have become so boring, I welcome greens (especially), reds, blues, and other colours.
Agreed. 95% of the NXs around here seem to be white, silver, or black....colors that scream 'LEASE!' to me. I was set on red for my NX when I get it, but I'm not sure what I think yet of 'Redline'. I may have to go with that 'Grecian Water' color they have, that looks nice too.
Old 06-25-21, 12:37 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by no1SomeGuy
I like greens also, but not that hideous green shown in the utube video. Do you honestly like it? and would you actually buy it?

I think these early utube videos are showing all wrong shades of colors. Will have to wait for Lexus to reveal actual choices.

Last edited by rogerh00; 06-25-21 at 12:53 PM.
Old 06-28-21, 07:43 AM
bob67
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Like the "boring" shades of NX exteriers becasue they come with nice interier option colors that I like, and can't get with the bright exterier colors. And.... my boring RCF platinum exterior has saved me from recieving speeding tickets.

Quick Reply: First look at the 2022 NX