NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Comparing 2022 NX to Genesis GV

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-21, 08:47 AM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 91 Posts

I still don't think it has power folding mirrors, as there aren't any control switches visible, only the memory seats switches.
Old 10-01-21, 03:21 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 600 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by dklanecky1
I still don't think it has power folding mirrors, as there aren't any control switches visible, only the memory seats switches.

I see auto button ...not sure if it's the folding mirrors.
Old 10-01-21, 03:25 PM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lsft

I see auto button ...not sure if it's the folding mirrors.
I think that's just the mechanical door lock release.
Old 10-01-21, 04:18 PM
erigion
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dklanecky1
I think that's just the mechanical door lock release.
There are two buttons above the mirror adjustment dial. It does look like those buttons are for folding side mirrors

Door locks and window lock buttons are above the window switches.
The following users liked this post:
lsft (10-01-21)
Old 10-01-21, 06:09 PM
chilipalm
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by erigion
There are two buttons above the mirror adjustment dial. It does look like those buttons are for folding side mirrors

Door locks and window lock buttons are above the window switches.
That's right. It has the same layout as the RX power folding mirrors button.

Old 10-02-21, 05:30 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Okay, so it looks like there are power-folding mirrors. And, yes, that is the door latch in the photo.
Old 10-02-21, 08:08 AM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Fantastic, believe it or not, that's a critical feature for my tiny garage!
Old 10-02-21, 03:29 PM
2merc3lex
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Comparing 2022 NX to Genesis GV70

Top article of this thread indicates that I am originator, which I am not. As a matter of fact I believe the NX, outside of handling, will be superior to the GV70 and much more reliable. Go to their forums to see the problems that are cropping up so soon.
Old 10-03-21, 03:55 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 2merc3lex
Top article of this thread indicates that I am originator, which I am not. As a matter of fact I believe the NX, outside of handling, will be superior to the GV70 and much more reliable. Go to their forums to see the problems that are cropping up so soon.

I am actually the originator of this thread and it looks like it has gone through many revisions over the past few days with the Moderators attempting to merge discussions about the GV70 from the main NX thread into this one. In the process, it looks like things really got screwed up including crediting you for the originating post. If it were my fault, I would apologize. Just wanted to let you know how it happened.

I, too, have seen numerous complaints about the GV70 having numerous issues ranging from battery to software. But to be fair, there are reliability complaints that also appear in this Lexus group about their vehicles, but probably to a lesser extent. Those who have issues with their vehicles tend to post more than those who are happy with their vehicle and have nothing to complain about.

As for better handling, you could be right but I am anxiously awaiting the YouTube reviews that should be popping up in the next week once the embargo is lifted to see if the NX truly is the better vehicle. I am rooting for Lexus as that would be a god $7k I would be saving over the GV70.
2merc3lex (10-03-21)
Old 10-03-21, 02:31 PM
2merc3lex
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Anxiously awaiting Thursdays reviews also. Stands to reasoning that Lexus has a lot on the line with bringing this NX's standards up to others in its category.
Old 10-04-21, 06:17 AM
chadhargis
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I like the Genesis models. They look nice and performance seems to be good as well. It's really tough to make a bad choice in a luxury SUV/CUV these days.
Old 10-04-21, 11:21 AM
ultra63
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

If dealership experience is important you will buy a Lexus as almost all Genesis vehicles have to bought in a Hyundai dealership
Old 10-04-21, 11:33 AM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ultra63
If dealership experience is important you will buy a Lexus as almost all Genesis vehicles have to bought in a Hyundai dealership
So logically are you saying that if the dealership experience isn't important, you'll buy a Genesis?

The Genesis exterior and interior colors and designs are clearly orientated towards female's, (IMO) so you maybe right about this point being important to their target customers.

I have nothing against (or for) either brand at this point, but after we purchased the wife's 2019 Kona at a Hyundai dealership, we haven't been back except for a couple of oil changes. She generally could care less about the dealership experience, as she views all dealerships as pretty much the same (she has experience with Chevrolet, Ford, Nissan, Toyota and Hyundai).

Then again, we've never owned a Lexus so this maybe this is the one that changes her mind about the importance of the dealership experience.
Old 10-04-21, 12:01 PM
ultra63
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus had its own dealerships from the beginning. Hyundai went the cheap route not having separate Genesis dealers from the beginning and now Hyundai dealers sued Hyundai claiming they all had the right to sell Genesis cars. It is highly unlikely that there will ever be as many free standing Genesis dealers as Lexus dealers. My wife has a Rx450 and I got a Gv70 3.5 at under MRSP but the Hyundai dealer experience is inferior to Lexus
Old 10-04-21, 06:20 PM
krs1chee
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ultra63
Lexus had its own dealerships from the beginning. Hyundai went the cheap route not having separate Genesis dealers from the beginning and now Hyundai dealers sued Hyundai claiming they all had the right to sell Genesis cars. It is highly unlikely that there will ever be as many free standing Genesis dealers as Lexus dealers. My wife has a Rx450 and I got a Gv70 3.5 at under MRSP but the Hyundai dealer experience is inferior to Lexus
After my test drive if the GV70 and GV80, the Hyundai dealership experience was the clincher for why I wouldn’t be buying a Genesis product in the next 5 years. It reminds me of past girlfriends I’ve dated where I kept waiting for them to achieve their full potential—sometimes worth the wait, usually not.
Pillarbox (10-09-22)

Quick Reply: Comparing 2022 NX to Genesis GV