NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Comparing 2022 NX to Genesis GV

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-21, 01:39 PM
IS350USB
Driver

Received 63 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by NJRonbo
I have much respect for these guys. Looking at this video and the driving impressions, the GV70 is mentioned several times as the better choice. Additionally, the NX is basically referenced as being just an "okay" luxury vehicle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ezdsafocgU&t=5s
They're very critical. The general public won't care about half the stuff they're mentioning.
Old 11-23-21, 01:45 PM
NJRonbo
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350USB
They're very critical. The general public won't care about half the stuff they're mentioning.
You are correct about that. However, those of us on this forum are critical and it doesn't feel good to see these guys talking about how the NX has been compromised against other vehicles in the same class/price range.

Personally (as I have stated previously), the only reason I am leaning toward the NX over the Genesis is gas mileage. Otherwise, the NX pales in comparison to the Genesis other than in reputation/reliability.
The following users liked this post:
dklanecky1 (11-24-21)
Old 11-23-21, 02:10 PM
IS350USB
Driver

Received 63 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by NJRonbo
You are correct about that. However, those of us on this forum are critical and it doesn't feel good to see these guys talking about how the NX has been compromised against other vehicles in the same class/price range.

Personally (as I have stated previously), the only reason I am leaning toward the NX over the Genesis is gas mileage. Otherwise, the NX pales in comparison to the Genesis other than in reputation/reliability.
I mean, they said the same critical points on the 2021 IS350 and I still purchased it lol.

The NX overall is a great vehicle and anyone who is a loyalist won't have a problem still purchasing the 2022 MY. The Genesis has been available for some time from where I am situated and I've only seen a 1 or 2. Critical or not, it's hard to change folks minds when you drive something so bullet proof. The GV70 no doubt is a beautiful vehicle in and out but there's just something about the NX that I feel is more attractive.
The following users liked this post:
DaveDude (11-23-21)
Old 11-23-21, 02:13 PM
NJRonbo
Driver

Originally Posted by IS350USB
I mean, they said the same critical points on the 2021 IS350 and I still purchased it lol.

The NX overall is a great vehicle and anyone who is a loyalist won't have a problem still purchasing the 2022 MY. The Genesis has been available for some time from where I am situated and I've only seen a 1 or 2. Critical or not, it's hard to change folks minds when you drive something so bullet proof. The GV70 no doubt is a beautiful vehicle in and out but there's just something about the NX that I feel is more attractive.
Well, I'll give you that I have more confidence in the Lexus brand than I do Genesis. I don't like the fact that I have to go to a Hyundai dealer to purchase and for service. Those are two huge downsides.

You are right that the Lexus is bullet proof.
Old 12-23-21, 04:05 PM
lukebabs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, ladies and gents. I have decided to move on from my 2008 RX400h to the Genesis GV70. In summary, the decision to go with the Genesis is this: The Lexus is a vehicle you buy with your brain, the Genesis is a purchase you make with emotion. We had to order the Genesis to get the color combo we wanted, the nearest one available was in Texas, a bit far from the LA area. Sticker on the GV70 is just over 51K, which oddly was the MSRP on the 14 year old Lexus, of course, the difference being I saved a huge amount off MSRP with the Lexus and will pay FULL MSRP on the GV70. We were considering the GV for quite a while, but felt we owed it to Lexus to give the new NX a shot. We did, and it fell a little short, except in the seat bottom which was a little too long for my wife's short legs. Loved our Lexus, 55K miles and not one lick of problems. I am just getting a little concerned about the battery life and total lack of safety advancements that virtually every car manufacturer now offers. The performance of the new NX was a little lackluster compared to the Genesis (we ordered the 2.5 w/300 hp, 311 lb/ft torque) Wish us luck.
Old 12-23-21, 05:07 PM
TheRas900
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by lukebabs
Well, ladies and gents. I have decided to move on from my 2008 RX400h to the Genesis GV70. In summary, the decision to go with the Genesis is this: The Lexus is a vehicle you buy with your brain, the Genesis is a purchase you make with emotion. We had to order the Genesis to get the color combo we wanted, the nearest one available was in Texas, a bit far from the LA area. Sticker on the GV70 is just over 51K, which oddly was the MSRP on the 14 year old Lexus, of course, the difference being I saved a huge amount off MSRP with the Lexus and will pay FULL MSRP on the GV70. We were considering the GV for quite a while, but felt we owed it to Lexus to give the new NX a shot. We did, and it fell a little short, except in the seat bottom which was a little too long for my wife's short legs. Loved our Lexus, 55K miles and not one lick of problems. I am just getting a little concerned about the battery life and total lack of safety advancements that virtually every car manufacturer now offers. The performance of the new NX was a little lackluster compared to the Genesis (we ordered the 2.5 w/300 hp, 311 lb/ft torque) Wish us luck.
Congrats on the GV70! They are very impressive, and I think you’ll like it. What trim level and color combo did you get?
Old 12-23-21, 06:59 PM
lukebabs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TheRas900
Congrats on the GV70! They are very impressive, and I think you’ll like it. What trim level and color combo did you get?
We have ordered the Savile Silver with Havana Brown interior. Ordering the GV70 is a bit odd. We fell in love with the brown interior, but it only comes with limited exterior colors, one of which is a dark blue and the other two are matte colors. I will never own a vehicle with a matte paint job. Too difficult to repair if needed.
Old 12-23-21, 07:03 PM
lukebabs
Driver School Candidate

Oh, yes. Ordered Advance trim. A little afraid of the ride that the 21” tires on the next level up might give.
Old 12-24-21, 06:37 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Congrats on your GV70

I am basically in a position where I need a new car in 4 months (unless I extend my current lease another 6 months).

If I can't get a custom built 350h NX in that time I am going to go with the Genesis 3.5 trim.

Not a move I want to make as has already been stated, the Lexus is the smarter choice and the Genesis is the emotional one.
Old 12-24-21, 07:19 PM
TheRas900
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Oh, yes. Ordered Advance trim. A little afraid of the ride that the 21” tires on the next level up might give.
Wow, exactly what I would spec! I love the brown interior and 21s are no good in the land of potholes that is Pa. If you could get the 3 spoke steering wheel in this configuration, I’d probably already have one.
Old 12-25-21, 06:38 AM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 91 Posts

We have ordered the Savile Silver with Havana Brown interior. Ordering the GV70 is a bit odd. We fell in love with the brown interior, but it only comes with limited exterior colors, one of which is a dark blue and the other two are matte colors. I will never own a vehicle with a matte paint job. Too difficult to repair if needed.
Feel like a little road trip? Your exact configuration, and it's been sitting on the lot for about a month, so they might be willing to budge a bit off their $5,998 additional market value.

https://www.genesiswaukesha.com/vehi...wi-id-45181404
Old 12-25-21, 10:14 AM
lukebabs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dklanecky1
Feel like a little road trip? Your exact configuration, and it's been sitting on the lot for about a month, so they might be willing to budge a bit off their $5,998 additional market value.

https://www.genesiswaukesha.com/vehi...wi-id-45181404
HaHa! Yep, that is it.
Thanks, but I will wait. Appreciate your help. Merry Xmas!
Old 12-27-21, 03:43 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I personally put little to no stock whatsoever in magazine articles. Especially Motortrend. I was going to get my wife a new SUV to replace her CT200h SE. I'm pretty sure nobody here mentioned the sheer size differences. I just parked my NX200t next to the GV70 in a parking lot and they are a much bigger vehicle. Then, Genesis, has its KIA, cousin, in the Telluride which won best SUV two yrs in a row. So I added that one to the puzzle for me now with the way oil prices are now GV70 scares me expense wise, if it came down to looks, I'd even add in the Jaguar. For me it's the NX450h once the chip makers and car companies get back to normal we will start a more serious search. But gas mileage is critical. Genesis is supposed to do a hybrid. NX450h has 40 miles of electric driving that would cover everyday driving for her. GV70, no such thing. Pure electric is out of the question for me, not enough infrastructure here.
# 1 gas costs long-term. #2 re-sale value. #3 reliability and service. #4 the sheer size difference. She wants apple play that makes her happy the new NX's have much better tech. I use that as my criteria. Telluride is also larger but a lot fewer coins still come really loaded. But, the gas mileage and reliability factors? One other thing is hybrids are so easy to resell. Telluride nor the Hyundai version has a hybrid setup until later in the yr. The GV70 is gorgeous the wheels are awesome. -lucky guy.
Old 12-27-21, 04:55 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Smile

Originally Posted by Tom59
One other thing is hybrids are so easy to resell. Telluride nor the Hyundai version has a hybrid setup until later in the yr. The GV70 is gorgeous the wheels are awesome. -lucky guy.
Funny you say that. I have a few months left on my Lincoln Hybrid lease and they don't want to buy it back even though the vehicle is in immaculate condition. They say there is no demand for hybrid vehicles.
Old 12-27-21, 05:46 AM
VomieroEmu
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I personally wouldn’t consider purchasing a Hyundai product at this time. Maybe in the future?

never say never - but unlikely.
The following 2 users liked this post by VomieroEmu:
bjjones (01-01-22), corinvest (12-27-21)

Quick Reply: Comparing 2022 NX to Genesis GV