NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-22, 12:05 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by blueless
Glamour shots on a gloomy day:

Hard-to-get 18” wheels
Ahhh! The beautiful Grecian Water makes another appearance😍

What's your interior option? Congrats!!!
Old 10-31-22, 12:56 PM
shiftD7
Driver

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaker604
I've had the same experience with Open Road. Very lack luster & have had service issues with them for my old FR-S. I just ordered my 450H+ F Sport in White on Oct 4 of this year from Jim Pattison North Shore but now thinking after talking to Regency that I should've ordered from them LOL. Was given a 10-14 month time period.
I hate to pile on here, but I've also had very poor experiences with Open road including their Toyota dealership. Multiple service issues, questionable negotiation tactics and just overall attitude of wanting your business.
Old 10-31-22, 01:39 PM
BC450nx
10th Gear

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaker604
Congrats, now your making kinda regret ordering mine in White lol
Initally, i chose Pearl white but when i am wandering around the Lexus showroom i saw a Black lexus sport car(forgot which model) with sparkle effect that caught my attention. I ask the sales what color is that and he told me is Caviar. I instantly change my mind order the black one..
Old 11-01-22, 11:07 AM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Glamour shots on a gloomy day:

Hard-to-get 18” wheels
Gloomy days are best for car photos--best color reproduction.

Why are 18" hard to get? That's standard depending on trim level, no? Around here, the luxury trim is hard to find.
Old 11-01-22, 02:47 PM
blueless
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by LStoneX
Ahhh! The beautiful Grecian Water makes another appearance😍
What's your interior option? Congrats!!!
Creamy! Yes, I know the rear seats are kind of patch-work, but it's not something I notice.

Originally Posted by anoop
Gloomy days are best for car photos--best color reproduction.
Why are 18" hard to get? That's standard depending on trim level, no? Around here, the luxury trim is hard to find.
I wanted the 14" infotainment and 18" wheels in the Premium. This was a rare combination in the Southeast USA because the large screen and big wheels were often married. I'm so happy that my dealer found my top color choice with my requirements.
Old 11-01-22, 02:49 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

I wanted the 14" infotainment and 18" wheels in the Premium. This was a rare combination in the Southeast USA because the large screen and big wheels were often married. I'm so happy that my dealer found my top color choice with my requirements.
Interesting. Over here almost all cars have the 14" infotainment as a standalone option if not standard.
Old 11-02-22, 02:07 PM
blueless
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by anoop
Interesting. Over here almost all cars have the 14" infotainment as a standalone option if not standard.
Yes, it's available as standalone option in Premium trim, but for some reason also have the 20" wheel standalone option - very annoying when I was shopping.
Old 11-08-22, 01:07 PM
OldManToad
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default New to Lexus and my NX 350h

Took possession of my NX 350h on Oct. 24 after only waiting from Sep.22. Went to the Lexus of Lexington dealership on 9/22 to see what the situation was. They had no NXs for me to even look at let alone test drive. I asked if they could call me when one came in so that I could at least sit in one, which they did on 10/3. My wife and I were able to examine one and the salesman gave me paperwork on two NX 350h's that were allocated to the dealership but not yet spoken for. That evening I decided that one had all the features I wanted so called the next day and reserved it. The car had a build date of 10/13 and arrived at dealership on 10/21. Unfortunately, we were out of town so couldn't pick it up until Mon. 10/24.

Here are the features:
2022 NX 350h Premium
Eminent White Pearl with Rioja Red NuLuxe and Black Prism Trim
Cold pkg with Windshield Wiper De-Icer, Fast Response Heater, and heated steering wheel.
20 inch wheels
10 inch Hud with digital rearview mirror
Thematic Ambient Illumination
14 inch touchscreen
2000 lb. towing capacity
Lexus digital key, smartaccess card key, and wireless charger
Illuminated door sills
Rear Puddle Lamp

Price paid: MSRP, doc fee, and sales tax/

Love the car but have lots of questions about Infotainment system and connectivity which I will post about later.

The following 3 users liked this post by OldManToad:
hintonwood (11-08-22), redhot47fl (11-08-22), SenorValas (11-09-22)
Old 11-08-22, 06:51 PM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Received 262 Likes on 129 Posts

You did really well, in every way. Congrats!
Old 11-11-22, 12:18 PM
OldManToad
Rookie

I noticed something the other day on my NX. It appears to be an almost triangular patch on the rear doors. It occurs on both rear doors so I'm sure it's supposed to be that way. I just think it's strange. Does everyone else's NX have these?
Old 11-11-22, 01:02 PM
OPorz
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by OldManToad
I noticed something the other day on my NX. It appears to be an almost triangular patch on the rear doors. It occurs on both rear doors so I'm sure it's supposed to be that way. I just think it's strange. Does everyone else's NX have these?
I had not noticed before but we have the same patch. Maybe a cover for a fastener.
Old 11-11-22, 01:08 PM
OldManToad
Rookie

Glad it's not just mine. Maybe it's a design flaw. Let's see if the 23 MY NX's have it.
Old 11-11-22, 01:09 PM
blueless
Pit Crew

Post Ppf

Originally Posted by OldManToad
Protective film. My previous car, an IS, had them too at the same location. I found out the hard way - The IS's door was dented by a flying tree branch and required repair. The little piece of film was around $100 on the insurance estimate!
The following users liked this post:
anoop (11-11-22)
Old 11-13-22, 10:04 AM
Gwizzy
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My First Car!

Hey guys, I just placed an order for my first car! My dealership (based in Toronto) told me it'll be a 1-2 month wait only, not sure how reliable that wait period is considering many people claimed to have waited 6 months on average.

CAR: 2023 NX350h atomic silver with the luxury package

Can't wait until I receive it!!

The following users liked this post:
anoop (11-13-22)
Old 11-13-22, 11:30 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts
Default Don't hold your breath

Originally Posted by Gwizzy
Hey guys, I just placed an order for my first car! My dealership (based in Toronto) told me it'll be a 1-2 month wait only, not sure how reliable that wait period is considering many people claimed to have waited 6 months on average.

CAR: 2023 NX350h atomic silver with the luxury package

Can't wait until I receive it!!
I would say take that estimate with a pinch of salt. Very very very few people have gotten their NX in 2 months. It's usually more like 6 months.

I hope you don't have to wait that long but do know that it may take longer than 2 months for you to receive it.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!