NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-23, 10:38 AM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by blueless
The photo sucks, but your car is beautiful! What's that colour called in North America?
Nori Green.
Old 04-19-23, 04:40 PM
romer
Intermediate

Received 144 Likes on 100 Posts

Just received a call from my SA and I'm the owner of a 2024 NX 350h. It's already built and leaves Japan in 2 days--should be at the dealer by late May.
Atomic Silver with Rioja Red Nuluxe
Premium Pacakage
Windshield Wiper De-Icer & Fast Response Interior Heater
10-in Head-Up Display, 7.0 in Multi-Information Display/Digital Rearview Mirror
Lexus Interface w/14 Inch Touchscreen, Ambient Illumination.
Panoramic View Monitor, Lane Change Assist, etc.
2,000 LB Towing Capacity
Digital Key, Smart Access Card Key, Wireless Charger
The following 3 users liked this post by romer:
harper7 (04-26-23), mike995134 (05-11-23), SgtLip (04-19-23)
Old 04-26-23, 12:53 PM
NiCoRe
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts
Default How I went thé Lexus way

After a 14 months wait, yesterday I was finally able to lay my hands on my LEXUS NX 450H+ Executive trim (Kaki / Beige combo - see pics below).

My home is near La Defense, 6 km away from the Champs Elysées where I work, and this gives me the privilege to live in a Low Emission Zone called "Grand Paris" (Last time that someone used this expression, he wore a little moustache, had a pretty bad temper, lived east of the Rhine river and ruined Europe &#129327.

Paris LEZ will in the forthcoming months ban (yes ban) all diesel cars (even the newests )and many petrol cars (other than Euro 6 compliant) to enter and drive the area . Driving your banned car between 8 AM to 8 PM from Monday to Friday will translate into an automated fine which amount will increase each time...This is French bureaucracy at its finest. They recently decided to postpone the ban after the Olympics fearing severe unrests.

Perfectly happy with my VW Passat Variant which suited me for business and my regular trips to Normandy, I was on a clock and had to pick up a car that will allow me to drive out of my parking space whenever I need / want.

As I cannot easily charge at home (at least in Paris) and I do not stand the prospect of playing Russian roulette game of recharge when you go the BEV path. I narrowed my search to HEV and PHEV vehicles.
I was looking for a car : higher than the Passat, shorter, confortable with heated seats, with a little punch, torquey at low revs, capable of long range cruising, roomy enough for 4 adults with a decent boot that could accommodate trips to gardening shop, with the most comprehensive security suite, decent audio, large screen for my aging eyes.

To this equation, only one answer : An SUV (or should I write an MPV with an attitude &#128579

I went on a complete market expedition : BMW X3 30e , MERCEDES GLC 300E, AUDI Q5 TFSIe, DS 7 E tense, VOLVO XC 60, DS 7 E TENSE, LEXUS NX 350H / 450 H+, MAZDA CX 60, HYUNDAI TUCSON PHEV, KIA SPORTAGE PHEV, FORD KUGA PHEV, VW TIGUAN GTE, PEUGEOT 3008 HYBRID.

So began a long tour of car dealers (but I am lucky enough to have a few of them at pretty short distance from home), rent and insurance quoting, driving test, internet digging, Youtube reviews binge watching...

Due to taxes consideration, I quickly ruled out the self charging hybrids and short listed :
  • BMW X3 30e
  • MERCEDES GLC 300e
  • AUDI Q5TFSIe
  • VOLVO XC 60 T6 Recharge
  • DS 7 E TENSE 300
  • LEXUS NX 450H+
DS even with the lowest price tag was ruled out due to the rent price and some concern about reliability / efficiency even during the first years of the car

VOLVO was a serious competitor but also ruled out due to overall cabin feeling (I want leather not some eco carpet or whatever recycled vinyl), being a trojan horse for Chinese automakers and electronically caping top speed at 160 kph (I do drive on German Autobahns and 160 is a tad slow &#128519

AUDI was dropped pretty soon as they couldn't guarantee that the car will come with the options ordered and on top of that we found the car looking pretty bland

MERCEDES was in the middle of a model refresh and the price of the new one killed the idea

Finally, The X3 did not make it for practical reasons : a ridiculous small trunk for its size, small ev range and MPG

So here comes MIDORI

The following 6 users liked this post by NiCoRe:
AndyAB (07-04-23), anoop (04-26-23), harper7 (04-26-23), mike995134 (05-11-23), SgtLip (04-26-23), Tarnshoe (05-02-23) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-26-23, 01:40 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 149 Posts

Nice looking vehicle. I love my 450h+ here in the USA. Glad you got what you wanted.
Old 04-26-23, 01:49 PM
NiCoRe
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtLip
Nice looking vehicle. I love my 450h+ here in the USA. Glad you got what you wanted.
thanks
dealers do not work on an allocation basis in France. You walk into a dealership and you configure your order. They have vert few new cars on lit except demo ones or forfeited orders from customers.
Old 04-26-23, 02:06 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by NiCoRe
thanks
dealers do not work on an allocation basis in France. You walk into a dealership and you configure your order. They have vert few new cars on lit except demo ones or forfeited orders from customers.

I ordered a 22 NX350h back in March 2022. I couldn't get anything. About mid 2022 I started working with 5 Lexus dealers here in Florida. Out of nowhere I received a call from one of the dealers and he told me he had a Unicorn if I was interested. I had no idea what he was talking about. He proceeded to offer me a 23 NX450h+. Not knowing anything about it, he took a minute and told me what it was. It is a Unicorn because each dealer in Florida gets 1 NX450h+ per year. They had a 22 and sold it. He had the 23 coming in and offered it to me first. I grabbed it up and haven't looked back yet. I am so happy he called me first. We love the car.

Mine is the white one up a couple of posts from yours. We picked it up on 7 April. I filled the tank up and drove it home 160 miles and still have a full tank as f this morning. It's marvelous. Good luck. Be safe but enjoy it.

Old 04-29-23, 07:51 PM
aprius
9th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My garage

IMHO I feel the new Lexus design language is somewhat similar to Mazda, especially with that “big lip” front. I don’t know if I like it or not.
The following 2 users liked this post by aprius:
AndyAB (07-04-23), anoop (04-29-23)
Old 05-02-23, 07:18 PM
AComp
Former Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

Picked up a 2023 NX350 Premium at 12% off MSRP for my mother! She loves it! White on Red.
The following 2 users liked this post by AComp:
Julius071 (05-05-23), SgtLip (05-03-23)
Old 05-23-23, 06:58 AM
Free0177
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi y’all. I have a 2023 NX450h+ in Caviar with red & black interior. We got her the week before Christmas (December 2022).
*Advance park
*Digital inner mirror
*Triple beam headlights
*6.6 kW internal charging system.
*Panoramic view monitor, lane change assist, front cross traffic alert
* 2000 lbs towing capability
* smart, phone convenience, package
* All weather floor liners with cargo mat
* wheel locks
* Rear puddle, lamp\side puddle lamp
* illuminated cargo sill
* Key glove
* Cargo, net
* Door edge guard

Sadly this is our second NX450h+. We bought a 2022 NX450 in September 2022 in Atomic Silver. Five weeks later she was totaled by an uninsured motorist.
It took a lot of phone calls to dealers around the country and 7 weeks wait to get my current. Love this suv!

The following users liked this post:
AndyAB (07-04-23)
Old 05-28-23, 10:49 AM
romer
Intermediate

Finally getting the NX! I pick up the 2024 Atomic Silver with Rioja Red NuLuxe 350h Premium Tuesday so feel able to post this info.
Windshield Wiper de-icer, fast response interior heater, heated steering wheel
10-in Head-up display, Digital Review Mirror
14 in Multimedia display and thematic ambient illumination.
Premium Package
Panoramic View Monitor, Lane change assist, Front cross traffic alert, steering wheel touch sensor
2,000 lb towing capacity
Lexus digital key, smart access card key, wireless charger
(And--no dealer add ons. MSRP w/Very good trade)
Old 05-28-23, 10:59 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by romer
Finally getting the NX! I pick up the 2024 Atomic Silver with Rioja Red NuLuxe 350h Premium Tuesday so feel able to post this info.
Windshield Wiper de-icer, fast response interior heater, heated steering wheel
10-in Head-up display, Digital Review Mirror
14 in Multimedia display and thematic ambient illumination.
Premium Package
Panoramic View Monitor, Lane change assist, Front cross traffic alert, steering wheel touch sensor
2,000 lb towing capacity
Lexus digital key, smart access card key, wireless charger
(And--no dealer add ons. MSRP w/Very good trade)
That's what I'm waiting for. Except with luxury trim. Please post some pics when you can especially interior. Thanks for posting.
Old 05-28-23, 12:01 PM
romer
Intermediate

When do you get yours, do you know?
Old 05-28-23, 01:40 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by romer
When do you get yours, do you know?
Been waiting since 2022 for an order that not was never been fulfilled. Have my name on a list now.
The following users liked this post:
SgtLip (05-28-23)
Old 05-28-23, 01:43 PM
romer
Intermediate

That's a tough one. I'll try and post pics once I have the car--but yours is Luxury so the interior will have a different look due to being leather. The exterior will be different too because yours won't have the vinyl/plastic wheel well trim. And of course different wheels. Hope you get your ride soon.
Old 05-28-23, 02:54 PM
canazian
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered my NX350h about 2 weeks ago in Ontario Canada. It will be a little bit of a wait but cant wait to get it! Paid under MSRP, in case anyone else in the GTA is looking I can send you the same way.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!