NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-23, 07:03 PM
Sounds
Advanced

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

I’m an official owner after several weeks of “looking” for an SUV my wife will be comfortable driving. She loves it.

Choices were:
Audi Q3
GLA 35
Macan
BMW X1
NX

Researching dealerships and checking in on ClubLexus led us to an Emi/Red 350 Luxury. Aside from the beauty & features the transaction from

Lehigh Lexus (Lexus of Lehigh Valley in Pa.) was outstanding. They are accommodating and an absolute pleasure to buy from. They did everything to make it right and pleasurable. Cannot say enough good things about them. Our 1st Lexus. 2 days old and 59 miles it brings smiles. Thanks to everyone that replied to my posts. You helped with my decision to proceed.

When I’m not behind the wheel I enjoy listening to jazz, playing pool and pen turning.
Old 07-08-23, 12:51 AM
pmachira
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello from Australia!

Ordered our NX350H just this week. It is set to arrive by 04/2024 so a bit of waiting to do but we're incredibly excited.

Model and package: 2024 Lexus NX350H AWD, Sports Luxury package with no enhancement packs
Color: Sonic Chrome exterior and Hazel interior (CBG and Palomino equivalents)

Hopefully the Hazel/palomino NuLuxe will hold with jean stain transfer + kid/dog in the future...
Old 07-08-23, 03:22 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by pmachira
Hello from Australia!

Ordered our NX350H just this week. It is set to arrive by 04/2024 so a bit of waiting to do but we're incredibly excited.

Model and package: 2024 Lexus NX350H AWD, Sports Luxury package with no enhancement packs
Color: Sonic Chrome exterior and Hazel interior (CBG and Palomino equivalents)

Hopefully the Hazel/palomino NuLuxe will hold with jean stain transfer + kid/dog in the future...
@pmachira I had the Palomino NuLuxe in my 2021 ES300h. I noticed there was in fact Jean transfer. I kept a close eye on it and had to clean them a lot. I’ve seen and been told to use the ceramic interior product on the seats to keep this from happening. I have never tried it but that is what I’ve heard.

Good luck with the new car even though it will be awhile before you get it. Hope your patience is better than mine.
Old 07-08-23, 03:39 AM
pmachira
9th Gear

Thanks @SgtLip! We really love the palomino colour. Did the jean transfer come off well with cleaning? I'm someone who would keep the car meticulously clean regardless so I'm leaning towards it being okay.

We would go black but it's just so boring...
Old 07-08-23, 04:02 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

Thanks @SgtLip! We really love the palomino colour. Did the jean transfer come off well with cleaning? I'm someone who would keep the car meticulously clean regardless so I'm leaning towards it being okay.

We would go black but it's just so boring...
@pmachira YES, it came off easily and you will be okay. I was just giving you the heads up so you can watch for it.

Not sure if it was because I caught it soon enough or if the product used. I used Adam's Polishes Leather Cleaner (NOT their interior ceramic product) on it and it was gone. But like I mentioned, they have this new Interior Ceramic Coating you can put on your leather seats that will make color transfers non-existent. It may be something you can use to keep it from happening at all. I think there are a few of the known companies that are selling it now like Meguire's and Adam's. The sooner you get it applied on your new seats, the better protected they will be.

I retired in 2019 and didn't have a hobby or anything to take up my time so I started detailing my car as a hobby. So you're not in this by yourself. The day after I picked up my new NX450H+ I was correcting the paint and ceramic coating the complete exterior. I use a 2 bucket wash at least once a week. If I can't bucket wash it, then I use the waterless wash on it in between.

The following 2 users liked this post by SgtLip:
CaliSunShine (01-21-24), pmachira (07-08-23)
Old 07-08-23, 05:11 AM
pmachira
9th Gear

Originally Posted by SgtLip
@pmachira YES, it came off easily and you will be okay. I was just giving you the heads up so you can watch for it.

Not sure if it was because I caught it soon enough or if the product used. I used Adam's Polishes Leather Cleaner (NOT their interior ceramic product) on it and it was gone. But like I mentioned, they have this new Interior Ceramic Coating you can put on your leather seats that will make color transfers non-existent. It may be something you can use to keep it from happening at all. I think there are a few of the known companies that are selling it now like Meguire's and Adam's. The sooner you get it applied on your new seats, the better protected they will be.

I retired in 2019 and didn't have a hobby or anything to take up my time so I started detailing my car as a hobby. So you're not in this by yourself. The day after I picked up my new NX450H+ I was correcting the paint and ceramic coating the complete exterior. I use a 2 bucket wash at least once a week. If I can't bucket wash it, then I use the waterless wash on it in between.

Awesome - great to hear! Thank you for the detailed advice! I'll look into ceramic coating the interior. I was considering a PPF for the front facing portion of the car as well. Any thoughts on PPF vs Ceramic? Unfortunately, full PPF here is about 8K AUD which is far more than I'd like to pay so will just be doing the front.

Detailing and taking care of your car sounds like a fantastic hobby. Hope you're enjoying retirement! I'm on the other spectrum (finishing medical school this year after 10 years of university...)
Old 07-08-23, 05:35 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

Awesome - great to hear! Thank you for the detailed advice! I'll look into ceramic coating the interior. I was considering a PPF for the front facing portion of the car as well. Any thoughts on PPF vs Ceramic? Unfortunately, full PPF here is about 8K AUD which is far more than I'd like to pay so will just be doing the front.

Detailing and taking care of your car sounds like a fantastic hobby. Hope you're enjoying retirement! I'm on the other spectrum (finishing medical school this year after 10 years of university...)
@pmachira Funny you should ask. Like I mentioned before, I have ceramic coated the last 5-6 vehicles I've owned. Most have been Lexus models. I'm not sure what the reason is but I found the nose of my cars have been chipped a lot by stones or whatever. I think the paint sucks on the nose of the Lexus brand as a whole. Ceramic coating does NOTHING for chipping. It is for ease of maintaining the exterior of the car.

With that thought in mind, I JUST had the full front of my NX wrapped with PPF. They did the complete front end (mirrors forward) for $2,000.00 US. It is NOT cheap. I went with the Xpel Ultimate Plus product line. https://www.xpel.com/products/paint-protection-film
I'm hopeful that it will protect the front better this time. I am scheduling to have the Xpel Window Tint applied in a week or two. For the complete car, $1,000 US. And I just completed swapping the OEM Run Flat tires with regular tires, another $1,000 US.

But who said owning a car was cheap????
The following users liked this post:
pmachira (07-16-23)
Old 07-11-23, 09:50 PM
Lowslex
7th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New to the lexus world

Hello everyone

Just picked up a 2023 RX350 F sport for the wife. First thing is tint. 35% on the full windshield 15% on the fronts ans 20% on the back windshield. Ordered the lexus puddle lights, Front and hatch illuminated door sills. Going to add a better sub woofer to it and do a couple cosmetic things to make it stand out

Sounds (07-12-23)
Old 07-13-23, 01:49 PM
SeismicGuy
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Default First Time Lexus Owner

Hi from San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles. Yesterday took possession of a 2024(?) NX350h to replace our 2012 Acura TL (in general terms pretty much the best car we have ever owned). Since this will primarily be my wife's car (she refuses to drive mine) it was basically her choice and she wanted an SUV and a hybrid which mainly pointed us to Lexus (NX 350h was our preference). We actually started mildly looking in late 2022 and quickly discovered the weird car-buying conditions which were that much worse if you wanted a hybrid. She definitely wanted a color and our first choice was the Grecian Blue but colors, in general, are as rare as hen's teeth and the Blue in particular. But we had seen a Redline driving on the street one day and decided that would be a nice second choice. We almost bought one several weeks ago but the dealer (Lexus of Oxnard) was a jerk. We then found Jim Falk Lexus and called to see what they were getting in.and they said a blue and a red. But before we could act the blue was sold. So we ended up with this:

A Premium package with Redline Exterior, Black/Rich Cream interior. I had wanted to get the illuminated door sills added but there is some issue with these apparently (dealer encountered a "stop sale" from Lexus parts). The other items I was considering were the color matching side molding to avoid dings but decided against that for now. The only accessories that came with carpeted cargo mat, cargo net, key gloves (really?), and then we had the dealer add the clear door edge film (which came out great) and mud guards (also look pretty decent).

It is daunting to get familiar with all of the high tech features (coming from a 12 year old car) and I will post a "help me" in the main forum. In the meantime the car seems like a great purchase and will hopefully fill the bill for the next 12 years

The following 4 users liked this post by SeismicGuy:
blueless (08-11-23), CaliSunShine (01-01-24), mike995134 (07-15-23), Sounds (07-13-23)
Old 07-13-23, 02:33 PM
Sounds
Advanced

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
Hi from San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles. Yesterday took possession of a 2024(?) NX350h to replace our 2012 Acura TL (in general terms pretty much the best car we have ever owned). Since this will primarily be my wife's car (she refuses to drive mine) it was basically her choice and she wanted an SUV and a hybrid which mainly pointed us to Lexus (NX 350h was our preference). We actually started mildly looking in late 2022 and quickly discovered the weird car-buying conditions which were that much worse if you wanted a hybrid. She definitely wanted a color and our first choice was the Grecian Blue but colors, in general, are as rare as hen's teeth and the Blue in particular. But we had seen a Redline driving on the street one day and decided that would be a nice second choice. We almost bought one several weeks ago but the dealer (Lexus of Oxnard) was a jerk. We then found Jim Falk Lexus and called to see what they were getting in.and they said a blue and a red. But before we could act the blue was sold. So we ended up with this:

A Premium package with Redline Exterior, Black/Rich Cream interior. I had wanted to get the illuminated door sills added but there is some issue with these apparently (dealer encountered a "stop sale" from Lexus parts). The other items I was considering were the color matching side molding to avoid dings but decided against that for now. The only accessories that came with carpeted cargo mat, cargo net, key gloves (really?), and then we had the dealer add the clear door edge film (which came out great) and mud guards (also look pretty decent).

It is daunting to get familiar with all of the high tech features (coming from a 12 year old car) and I will post a "help me" in the main forum. In the meantime the car seems like a great purchase and will hopefully fill the bill for the next 12 years

Beautiful choice.... wear it out and buy another one.
The following 3 users liked this post by Sounds:
CaliSunShine (01-01-24), mike995134 (07-15-23), mplsrube (01-09-24)
Old 07-28-23, 03:29 PM
MrPrius
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not Yet An Owner just shopping for now
Old 08-11-23, 03:48 AM
Pandaroo
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Finally received my 350h in Australia after 15 months wait.
Khaki metal paint (nori green)
Hazel Interior (palomino)
Sports luxury trim (everything except pano roof, self park and automatic rear seats)

I drove 80kms from the dealership combination of highway and city driving

Inotial Pros
Very quiet ride at low speeds, a bit noisy at highway speeds.
All the tech, hud, cameras are clear and crisp, ML system sounds amazing blasting some classic rock.
Gorgeous exterior paint and styling

Initial Cons
Too much piano black in the interior. Door handles also have piano black. They will be a scratched up mess in the future.
Digital rearview mirror is a bit too weird for me to use while driving. Messes with my depth perception and my expected view from the rear view mirror, but I am sure I could get used to it

The following 4 users liked this post by Pandaroo:
anoop (08-11-23), blueless (08-11-23), CaliSunShine (01-01-24), mplsrube (01-09-24)
Old 08-11-23, 05:21 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

@Pandaroo Welcome to the club. Your car looks beautiful. Green is my favorite color and the Palomino is what I have had in my last 4 Lexus ES models. We couldn't get it on our 23 NX 450H+. Got the ugly red but it is a lot better than the cream and black. I think someone was drunk when they put those colors together.

You forgot to mention a Con in your post. You must not have noticed that your steering wheel is on the wrong side. Isn't it going to be hard to drive reaching all the way over to the passenger side?

Hahahaha, spent a year going in and out of Perth while working on Barrow Island. Never did master the art of driving on the passenger side of the car.

Enjoy your new car. You're going to love driving it.

The following 3 users liked this post by SgtLip:
anoop (08-11-23), LStoneX (08-11-23), Pandaroo (08-11-23)
Old 08-11-23, 02:41 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtLip
Got the ugly red but it is a lot better than the cream and black. I think someone was drunk when they put those colors together.
The only interior colors I thought were acceptable were palomino (first choice), and black (distant second). I didn't care for the red or the cream/black. At least with the RX they stayed away from the cream/black.
SgtLip (08-11-23)
Old 08-19-23, 05:43 AM
Dblxx
Pit Crew

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Here’s my NX story…

Traded in my 2021 BMW 4 Series for a 2023 IS350 FSport. My wife wanted a Lexus and wound up
getting her a 2024 NX. I enjoyed it SO much I traded in my IS for an NX. It was built yesterday in Canada and hopefully only a few weeks away.

Fully Loaded - Pearl White.

The following 2 users liked this post by Dblxx:
Sounds (08-19-23), Tarnshoe (08-19-23)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!