NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-24, 06:23 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Disappointed
Nothing works as advertised and the sales department are clueless.
Rear door kick opener never works and I'm hoping to find a trick in this forum. My thoughts are the poi install tow bar is blocking the sensor.
Must the mirrors fold in upon locking the doors?
Must all doors unlock when I press park?
I have so many questions and the manuals are not helpful.

No I won't buy Lexus again based on this experience. I didn't want a full glass roof but options are sooooo limited.
Hopefully I will get my second key someday.
I drove it home and parked it. Now it's just in my way.

Came from Buick and Saab with full leather interiors and many more safety and comfort features.
It's discouraging, I know. Believe me when I say a couple of the items you ask about are easy fixes. I just sold my 9 month old 23 NX450H+ for this reason plus the 12V battery issues. So I completely understand.

1. The Mirror Folding issue: On the driver door controls there is a mirror looking button. If you push it it should make it where they don't close. You may need to do it a couple times as I don't remember which setting is the right one.

2. Doors Unlock in Park: That is a setting in the Center Screen (the 14" one in the middle of the car). In the Settings option there is one called Vehicle. I believe it is in there you can turn that off. There are a lot of the things you mention in that Settings location. Just sit there a few minutes and look around. It is easier than you think, believe me.

Apologize about not having a work around for the kick sensor and tow bar issue. I didn't have a tow bar so I never needed to look into that. There are a bunch of threads and posts though that can help you with this. I've read most of them.

Good Luck and don't get too discouraged, Once you have the setting figured out the car is pretty decent.
The following users liked this post:
Disappointed (02-05-24)
Old 01-14-24, 07:17 AM
Disappointed
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you both! I'll try those instructions and keep searching for clues.

I've already offered to just return it and never look back.

The 'parking assist' add on feature is another mystery. Hopefully it's just a sensor and not an automatic thing that will ram into something as No One in sales could define that 'feature'

They also told me that the car "won't work" unless I download the app at time of purchase. I plan to uninstall the app just to see if that's true or false....
Old 01-14-24, 07:27 AM
AlabamaBlues
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Google park assist, there is a great youtube video demonstrating how it works and explains the settings.
Disappointed (01-25-24)
Old 01-14-24, 07:31 AM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 92 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by AlabamaBlues
Google park assist, there is a great youtube video demonstrating how it works and explains the settings.
interesting. so the technology and software for that came from Google?
Disappointed (01-25-24)
Old 01-14-24, 07:55 AM
AlabamaBlues
Driver School Candidate

Uh no i should have written do a google search for a youtube video demonstrating the function of park assist. Point being is these are NXs are loaded with tech takes investment in time to learn where settings are and how to use the vehicle.
The following 3 users liked this post by AlabamaBlues:
anoop (01-14-24), Disappointed (01-25-24), romer (01-14-24)
Old 01-14-24, 08:30 AM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 92 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by AlabamaBlues
Uh no i should have written do a google search for a youtube video demonstrating the function of park assist. Point being is these are NXs are loaded with tech takes investment in time to learn where settings are and how to use the vehicle.
Doesn’t the dealer walk through these when taking delivery? At least with respect to default settings? When I took delivery of my RDX they had a sheet with all the default settings and asked if I wanted to make any changes down to the color of the ambient lighting, but also including all the safety systems and how to disable them. Of course there are YouTube videos by Acura as well. But I did get a good explanation of all the features when taking delivery.
Disappointed (02-05-24)
Old 01-14-24, 08:48 AM
AlabamaBlues
Driver School Candidate

I have not taken delivery of mine yet, but I think it may depend on the dealer. My sister wont by a lexus because of the dealer where she lives, several of her friends had a terrible experience. I just like trying to learn as much as possible ahead of time on any of my vehicles.
The following 2 users liked this post by AlabamaBlues:
CaliSunShine (01-21-24), Disappointed (01-25-24)
Old 01-14-24, 07:47 PM
Disappointed
3rd Gear

The delivery was a rush thru. Every setting that I asked about or wanted to change was met with "no that's the way it is" The interior was poorly detailed....my coworkers warned me about this location. Next time I'll listen.

Thank you for all of the information. It's volumes more than the dealership "technology expert" provided.

Now my husband is getting emails at his Toyota account about my NX!!! Totally different email that was not provided to Lexus.

My purchase was in December and the second key might arrive in March.
Old 01-18-24, 02:27 PM
Rob43
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by Rob43; 01-18-24 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Wrong forum
Old 01-18-24, 02:51 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 518 Likes on 337 Posts
Exclamation

Rear door kick opener never works and I'm hoping to find a trick in this forum. My thoughts are the poi install tow bar is blocking the sensor.
Must the mirrors fold in upon locking the doors?
Must all doors unlock when I press park?
I have so many questions and the manuals are not helpful.

No I won't buy Lexus again based on this experience. I didn't want a full glass roof but options are sooooo limited.
Hopefully I will get my second key someday.
I drove it home and parked it. Now it's just in my way.

Came from Buick and Saab with full leather interiors and many more safety and comfort features.
You would get better answers if you started a new thread instead of posting in introductions. Hardly anyone looks at this thread.
The following 3 users liked this post by midcow3:
asteria (03-13-24), Disappointed (01-25-24), penzfan (03-02-24)
Old 01-18-24, 03:59 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 518 Likes on 337 Posts
Lightbulb Rear Kick Sensor

Rear door kick opener never works and I'm hoping to find a trick in this forum. My thoughts are the poi install tow bar is blocking the sensor. ...

OP, I will try to answer your question even though you posted in the wrong place.

I too, have the 2,000 lb towing capacity and the activity mount. The are two solutions to solve this problem. for it to work.

(1) the easiest, if it works is to change the location where you are kicking from. You need to be centered under the "E" in Lexus. You also need to be father away than you would think; you actually need to be almost 1 foot from the bumper

(2) The second is to have Lexus replace the sensor with the short sensor ( Lexus would not do this from me! so good luck). Lexus should have changed the sensor, sensor set kick door to part 8910A-78010 Hands Free type B (short) sensor, rear sensor kick door. This sensor works better and is designed to work with the activity mount.

And again future problems are better solved and discussed by starting a separate thread. are disappointed with your Lexus NX, it is a great car with a lot of new and advanced features. If you give the Lexus NX a chance you will find it to be much superior to either a Buick or a Saab. Take care and good luck.

YMMV,
MidCow3

Oh yes, both Toyota and Lexus use the exact same app. I am all the time having to switch between which car is default. Also both Toyota and Lexus are keyed to a cell phone number; in order to work right you have to have multiple cell phone numbers for each car or be willing to switch back and forth on the cars in the app. Not very brilliant thing on Toyota/Lexus's part.

Last edited by midcow3; 01-18-24 at 04:03 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by midcow3:
Disappointed (01-25-24), Dkaplan (01-19-24)
Old 02-03-24, 02:20 PM
Awesome1
8th Gear

are you wheels 18" or 20" ?
Old 02-05-24, 12:41 PM
gamma742
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by DXShooter
New owner of a 2024 NX 450H+ here. Mine is the Ultra Premium (base) spec with Eminent White Pearl paint and Rioja Red interior. Took delivery in mid-August 2023 from OpenRoad Lexus Richmond in Greater Vancouver, BC, Canada after 14 months on the wait list. Was also on a wait list for a Toyota RAV4 Prime but so glad this came first. This is my first Lexus after owning Honda's and a Toyota and I'm really enjoying the driving experience. Looking forward to interacting with everyone here!

Are those 18" Wheels.. They look good on White
Old 02-05-24, 12:44 PM
AlabamaBlues
Driver School Candidate

Default Update delivery date

Nice looking Car, I just received my delivery date should get mine in April now month earlier than projected.
Old 02-10-24, 04:42 AM
Rockym
1st Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default My First Lexus! I am the second owner of this 2022 450h+.

I purchased this beauty in November with 18k miles for $54k. It has the Luxury package with winter driving, digital key, advance parking, digital mirror and panoramic camera view.

I love it, but not so much the black wheels. Hoping to swap out them for the silver finish 20". Any ideas on how to do that?

The following 2 users liked this post by Rockym:
anoop (02-12-24), penzfan (03-04-24)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!