NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-24, 09:41 AM
ExSoldier42Y
4th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello!

New to the forums and recently bought a new 2024 Lexus NX 350 F-Sport in Cloudburst Gray with the red/graphite interior. (Back at the end of Jan)

Options:
F-Sport
F-Sport handling luxury package
Panoramic sun roof
Mark Levinson 17 speaker
Heated steering wheel package
Triple Beam Headlights
Digital Key
Lexus All Weather Mats
Window Tint 15% All around

Absolutely love the vehicle, and is my first luxury car! Been more of a Jeep Wrangler and truck guy for a long time. But with the issues I have had with my Jeeps over the years I figured it was time for a change. Not sure I’ll ever go back. It’s just to quiet for the most part inside and creature comforts become way too easy to get use to lol!

The following 2 users liked this post by ExSoldier42Y:
asteria (03-13-24), penzfan (03-02-24)
Old 03-02-24, 04:03 PM
mrsFAB
2nd gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 5th Lexus, first NX.

Hi! I got a 2024 NX 250 Premium 2 weeks ago. It’s Eminent White Pearl Exterior with Palomino Nuluxe and Black Prism Trim Interior. This my first NX (SC 400 and 3 RXs previously). I’m trying to get use to the smaller size. So far, I like it a lot.

Loving my new ride!
The following 4 users liked this post by mrsFAB:
anoop (03-02-24), asteria (03-13-24), blueless (03-04-24), penzfan (03-04-24)
Old 03-02-24, 05:00 PM
romer
Intermediate

Received 144 Likes on 100 Posts

mrsFAB--congrats on your new ride. Hope you end up loving it.
Old 03-04-24, 11:28 AM
agavios
2nd gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aaron Gavios
NX450H+ 2024
Power lift gate.
Auto Parking
360 camera
Black
The following users liked this post:
penzfan (03-04-24)
Old 03-11-24, 02:57 PM
correah
3rd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default My First Lexus. I’m in !

2024 Lexus NX350 Luxury in Cloudburst Gray with the Palomino leather and Black Open-Pore Wood trim. The Mark Levinson sound is INSANE.

I’ll take some pics when I get home.
The following 4 users liked this post by correah:
anniedrea (03-11-24), anoop (03-11-24), asteria (03-13-24), penzfan (03-11-24)
Old 03-23-24, 09:51 PM
95elijah95
4th Gear

Default 2024 nx 450h+

We just picked up our first Lexus ever, an atomic silver Nx450h+, red seats, luxury package, lots of accessories including the digital rear view mirror. The battery died at the dealership and the door wouldn't open so we waited a day to bring it home so they could charge the battery. We've had it 4 days and so far it's been great. Hope it won't have a recurring battery problem!

anoop (03-23-24)
Old 03-24-24, 12:45 AM
NX450Guy
Pit Crew

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 95elijah95
We just picked up our first Lexus ever, an atomic silver Nx450h+, red seats, luxury package, lots of accessories including the digital rear view mirror. The battery died at the dealership and the door wouldn't open so we waited a day to bring it home so they could charge the battery. We've had it 4 days and so far it's been great. Hope it won't have a recurring battery problem!

congratulations! I have the exact same specs, got it in September and every day with it is like Christmas! Make sure you read the threads about the touchy 12v battery, never use ACC mode and if you want to leave the doors open for a while, leave in in “ready” mode so that the 12 volt charges. Great choice!
Old 03-24-24, 09:50 AM
95elijah95
4th Gear

Originally Posted by NX450Guy
congratulations! I have the exact same specs, got it in September and every day with it is like Christmas! Make sure you read the threads about the touchy 12v battery, never use ACC mode and if you want to leave the doors open for a while, leave in in “ready” mode so that the 12 volt charges. Great choice!
Thank you so much! I agree about every day like Christmas. When I open my garage door and see my car it takes my breath away! 😁. One question, what is ACC mode? Sorry I don't know a lot about cars 🥴.
Old 03-24-24, 11:34 AM
NX450Guy
Pit Crew

Thank you so much! I agree about every day like Christmas. When I open my garage door and see my car it takes my breath away! 😁. One question, what is ACC mode? Sorry I don't know a lot about cars 🥴.
Good, you probably won’t do it then! But on a gas car, when you wanted to listen to the radio or lower the windows or something using electricity, you could just turn on the car enough to do that and still have the engine off. In the NX, the 12 v battery (not the hybrid/traction battery that makes the car go) doesn’t seem to have as much “juice” as a gas car. So things you used to be able to do, like play with the electronics/computer or leave the doors open for extended periods of time can drain the 12 v battery and leave you stranded IF YOUR NX ENGINE IS OFF (not on ready mode). Check the threads on here and you’ll ge a lot of details. The easy solution if you are parked and want to explore your computer or leave doors open while washing/waxing with radio on, is to keep the NX in “ready” mode. It’s a good idea to do this when parked as much as possible when you’re playing with the computer and getting familiar with your new toy. There are a lot more electronics draining the 12v compared to probably what you had before, so just be aware. I killed my 12 v twice in the first 300 miles until I learned what not to do. Probably what happened at your dealership is someone left a door open too long. This problem also is more prevalent with people who drive fewer miles as having the car “on/ready” mode charges the 12 v. (Parked or driving). So if you drive a lot, you might not have to think about it as your 12v will be fully charged all the time. There’s a lot more nuance and details from more experienced people in the threads too. I would also highly recommend subscribing to @lsft on YouTube. Hes a member of this community and has an awesome website dedicated to understanding your awesome new NX450!
https://m.youtube.com/@lsft

Old 03-24-24, 03:39 PM
95elijah95
4th Gear

Good, you probably won’t do it then! But on a gas car, when you wanted to listen to the radio or lower the windows or something using electricity, you could just turn on the car enough to do that and still have the engine off. In the NX, the 12 v battery (not the hybrid/traction battery that makes the car go) doesn’t seem to have as much “juice” as a gas car. So things you used to be able to do, like play with the electronics/computer or leave the doors open for extended periods of time can drain the 12 v battery and leave you stranded IF YOUR NX ENGINE IS OFF (not on ready mode). Check the threads on here and you’ll ge a lot of details. The easy solution if you are parked and want to explore your computer or leave doors open while washing/waxing with radio on, is to keep the NX in “ready” mode. It’s a good idea to do this when parked as much as possible when you’re playing with the computer and getting familiar with your new toy. There are a lot more electronics draining the 12v compared to probably what you had before, so just be aware. I killed my 12 v twice in the first 300 miles until I learned what not to do. Probably what happened at your dealership is someone left a door open too long. This problem also is more prevalent with people who drive fewer miles as having the car “on/ready” mode charges the 12 v. (Parked or driving). So if you drive a lot, you might not have to think about it as your 12v will be fully charged all the time. There’s a lot more nuance and details from more experienced people in the threads too. I would also highly recommend subscribing to @lsft on YouTube. Hes a member of this community and has an awesome website dedicated to understanding your awesome new NX450!
https://m.youtube.com/@lsft
Thank you for the detailed and very helpful reply! And I just subscribed to @lsft, thank you! I'm sorry, one more dumb question, is "ready mode" when the car is fully turned on but the parking break is engaged? Thanks again for your help!
Old 03-24-24, 03:56 PM
NX450Guy
Pit Crew

Thank you for the detailed and very helpful reply! And I just subscribed to @lsft, thank you! I'm sorry, one more dumb question, is "ready mode" when the car is fully turned on but the parking break is engaged? Thanks again for your help!
Never worry about asking anything here, that’s what the forum is for! Just check the threads to see if someone else asked it already just in case. Yes, when you turn the car on as if you’re going to drive, you’ll see the green “READY” in the lower right of the dash display. Then you put the gear in drive or reverse to go. But you can also just sit there parked in “ready mode” as well. That way you won’t be draining your 12v if you just want to get familiar with the computer, sunroof, and other bells and whistles the NX has. It will use some of your electric traction battery or gas, depending on the mode you’re in, but that’s fine. Important thing is to save the juice in your other 12 v battery as that’s the thing that will go dead and leave you stranded. It’s good to learn now how to use your hard key and to open your door if the battery dies just in case. Also let any loved ones who use the NX know the emergancy open door procedure as well. It’s easy, but some people neglected to learn it and were stuck inside the car, or don’t know how to get in without the fob working. Look up Northside Lexus NX Full Tutorial on YouTube as well. Will help supplement your manual reading in a more fun way!
Old 03-24-24, 04:14 PM
95elijah95
4th Gear

Never worry about asking anything here, that’s what the forum is for! Just check the threads to see if someone else asked it already just in case. Yes, when you turn the car on as if you’re going to drive, you’ll see the green “READY” in the lower right of the dash display. Then you put the gear in drive or reverse to go. But you can also just sit there parked in “ready mode” as well. That way you won’t be draining your 12v if you just want to get familiar with the computer, sunroof, and other bells and whistles the NX has. It will use some of your electric traction battery or gas, depending on the mode you’re in, but that’s fine. Important thing is to save the juice in your other 12 v battery as that’s the thing that will go dead and leave you stranded. It’s good to learn now how to use your hard key and to open your door if the battery dies just in case. Also let any loved ones who use the NX know the emergancy open door procedure as well. It’s easy, but some people neglected to learn it and were stuck inside the car, or don’t know how to get in without the fob working. Look up Northside Lexus NX Full Tutorial on YouTube as well. Will help supplement your manual reading in a more fun way!
Thank you so much!!! I thankfully did learn how to use the key fob to open my door because the salesman had to use it when my battery was dead haha. I really appreciate all your help! Happy Easter! 😁
NX450Guy (03-24-24)
Old 03-30-24, 06:58 PM
King2024
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just got yesterday the 2024 NX 350h Premium.

White color outside as always... Beige (Palomino interior).

The things I like:
- 14" touchscreen
- HUD first time I have it
- Active Cruise Control + Lane Departure Assist
- Ventilated seat for hot summer
- Wireless charging
- Credit Card Key

- Digital Key downloaded (need to log in with cell phone, not email!)

The things I still have to get used to:
- Run flat tire without spare?

- CarPlay is good for one iPhone but somehow not for another old iPhone.

- Kick Sensor - practicing
- Trunk close and lock button - practicing

Last edited by King2024; 04-03-24 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Update. Finally Working!
anoop (03-30-24)
Old 06-21-24, 04:28 PM
djsdriscoll
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DJ here, 2024 NX350h. Love the car, getting more than 42mpg.
Old 06-23-24, 03:58 PM
stevewise
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default NX350h Takumi

New to this forum, new to the NX350h

2016 - 2019 - IS300h Advance - Sonic White
2019 - 2021 - ES300h F Sport with Takumi Pack - Graphite Black
2021 - 2023 - ES300h F Sport with Takumi Pack - Graphite Black
2023 - Present - NX350h Takumi - Celestial Blue

Last edited by stevewise; 06-23-24 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Add Photos
NX450Guy (06-23-24)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!