Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Walkthrough of the Infotainment Software

Also a demo of the voice assistant.
Old 10-01-21, 03:15 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Volume control should always be positioned where your hand is rest position. That means center console or steering wheel. Reaching and stretching your arm to do volume control is not a right thing to do. Also while your hand is in stretched position it's lot harder to utilize volume **** as skip track device as well. That's a lot more intuitive and easier when volume control is laid on the horizontal surface where your elbow rests.

EDIT: As i'm watching the video I catch even more so stupid touchscreen stuff thats ok for a phone or a tablet but not for a car. Small X in the upper left corner is not the way to go to get out of the screen. You need proper BACK button and not pixel hunting.
Listings are cramped, require scroll while driving and so on.

Last edited by Vladi; 10-01-21 at 03:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Blastphemy (10-25-21)
Old 10-01-21, 03:15 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by erigion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyxPqQml0q4

Also a demo of the voice assistant.

Was waiting for this video. The infotainment system is very nice. Lexus has gone through a rut of having outdated technology and it's nice that the 2022 NX is the first credible refresh for the company in some time. Now looking forward to the embargo being lifted on actual ride quality reviews.
Old 10-03-21, 08:47 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
Volume control should always be positioned where your hand is rest position. That means center console or steering wheel. Reaching and stretching your arm to do volume control is not a right thing to do. Also while your hand is in stretched position it's lot harder to utilize volume **** as skip track device as well. That's a lot more intuitive and easier when volume control is laid on the horizontal surface where your elbow rests.

EDIT: As i'm watching the video I catch even more so stupid touchscreen stuff thats ok for a phone or a tablet but not for a car. Small X in the upper left corner is not the way to go to get out of the screen. You need proper BACK button and not pixel hunting.
Listings are cramped, require scroll while driving and so on.
It sounds like you want the BMW iDrive control ****. lol
The drive select control **** for comfort sport etc really should have been the volume control at least it would be closer to the driver.
I just feel the volume control will be used so much more than the drive select and having it closer to the driver makes more sense.
It's almost like they put it in the middle for both driver and passenger.
But most drivers are going to use the volume on the steering wheel anyway.
There is probably a shortcut for home button on the steering wheel too.
Old 10-03-21, 09:29 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 600 Likes on 403 Posts

UX is very subjective when it comes to usability in vehicle or not. Volume **** I feel is designed for the passenger since there is volume controls on the steering wheel. Why would I go reach for the volume **** when it's just on the steering wheel. As with the small "X", I feel that finding a location during driving is not safe and should use voice. If the natural language is as good as they say it is, I don't see why we can't use voice to control where to navigate to.

All media controls should be controllable on the steering wheel and no need for the driver to use the large 14" screen. The screen could be used by the passenger and I think the UI components are good enough for the driver when not driving and/or the passenger at any time.
Xanadu350 (10-03-21)
Old 10-04-21, 06:49 AM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

Is there a side by side picture available of the 9 inch and 14 inch displays? Just to see the size and placement?
Old 10-04-21, 08:50 AM
lsft
Racer

Here you go
dklanecky1 (10-04-21)
Old 10-04-21, 10:49 AM
RXWes
Lead Lap

That’s quite a difference. Do you know if the system is the same ? With the cloud navigation?

Besides having to buy the Premium or Luxury package. Wonder what the 14 inch option would cost?

Last edited by RXWes; 10-04-21 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-04-21, 01:03 PM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by RXWes
That’s quite a difference. Do you know if the system is the same ? With the cloud navigation?

Besides having to buy the Premium or Luxury package. Wonder what the 14 inch option would cost?
My understanding is they are the same other than the size of the screen. Cloud navigation and all features should be the same.
Old 10-12-21, 07:01 PM
jbywu
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know what the reverse view looks like if you don't have the panoramic view monitor?
Old 10-17-21, 01:34 PM
erigion
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A more thorough walkthrough. Alex also says that a 3-year subscription for the cloud navigation is included on the 14" screen. Doesn't seem like there's even a trial period for the base 9". It'll be $16 a month, like the new Toyota Tundra for cloud features. Dunno if that includes Apple and Amazon music streaming

Old 10-18-21, 01:04 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Originally Posted by erigion
A more thorough walkthrough. Alex also says that a 3-year subscription for the cloud navigation is included on the 14" screen. Doesn't seem like there's even a trial period for the base 9". It'll be $16 a month, like the new Toyota Tundra for cloud features. Dunno if that includes Apple and Amazon music streaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSlaV3vQAEI

I would kind of doubt that there will be an extensive Apple and Amazon music streaming trial. That's data and very expensive. However, I have no confirmed information on that so anything is possible. I find it hard to believe people will pay for that privilege given the fact they can just use their phone to stream off of that.
Old 10-21-21, 01:58 PM
psixtc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NJRonbo
I would kind of doubt that there will be an extensive Apple and Amazon music streaming trial. That's data and very expensive. However, I have no confirmed information on that so anything is possible. I find it hard to believe people will pay for that privilege given the fact they can just use their phone to stream off of that.
You can link your existing Apple and Amazon music accounts to your user profile in the Toyota/Lexus app.
Once you sync your app to your car they will show as an available audio source.
Old 10-25-21, 01:13 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Originally Posted by psixtc
You can link your existing Apple and Amazon music accounts to your user profile in the Toyota/Lexus app.
Once you sync your app to your car they will show as an available audio source.
That I understand. However, without your phone in the vehicle, you are using Toyota/Lexus' data and that is an extra cost
Old 10-25-21, 08:14 AM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Toyotas use Verizon for the WIF service. So I'm guessing Lexus will also.

So do you have a separate Verizon account going through Lexus? Or add second number on your current Verizon account?