NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

2022 NX - Canadian Trim Levels and Ordering Guide

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-22, 09:41 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 613 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by lexuskaz
ahhh i see i see, welp congratulations on the 450h+, so excited for u lol, been watching videos from care care nut guy about this car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy2mDs6W0dA
seems like a car so gimmicky and fun to explore
you got the executive or sports package?
F-Sport 3 package.
Old 03-19-22, 11:06 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by LStoneX
My Sales Rep just got in touch with me to notify me that Lexus Canada is officially reaching out to customers who ordered the Luxury trim to notify them about the Panoramic roof issues. He says they envisage delays of 6 - 8 months if I choose to wait for that! But, if I don't mind switching to the Ultra Premium trim with just a regular power slide/tilt moonroof, the car would be ready in 8 - 12 weeks. I just made the switch taking out the pano roof. It's not that big of a deal for me and though it was one of the reasons I picked the Luxury trim, I would rather do without it than have to wait for 6 - 8 months. I need to get out of my 2IS and its thirst for premium gas
Originally Posted by nitrolada
thanks for updates....i talked to my sales who confirmed what's been said here (lack of chips for panoramic roof supposedly) and no ETA for my luxury package 350h but if i'm okay with Ultra Premium, he had two cars in cloudburst grey coming end of april and i took one of them
I just found this post about the Panoramic Roof issues. I don't mean to go off topic here about this or to hijack this thread, but I would like to know whether the Panoramic Roof issue that's happening for the NX is also happening for the Panoramic Roof that's on the ES350 Ultra Luxury sedan? Do both of these vehicles use the same exact chips for their Panoramic Roofs? Is the real cause of the Panoramic Roof issue because of the shortage of chips for it or is the real cause because of something else like maybe a shortage of the glass for the Panoramic Roof? Can someone in here who knows about this tell me whether or not the Panoramic Roof on the ES350 Ultra Luxury is also affected by this? Having to wait over 6 to 8 months is a very long time to attain chips for the Panoramic Roof. I would think that the wait wouldn't be more than a month or two at the most for the chips.
My dealer has been very proactive with everything and he hasn't said anything to me about the ES350 Ultra Luxury having any issues with the chips for the Panoramic Roof, so I don't know if this issue also pertains to the ES350 Ultra Luxury sedan too. I would like to know what's going on with this because my dealer is trying twice a month to get an allocation for an ES350 Ultra Luxury sedan for me with the Panoramic Roof. Most (99%) of the ES350 UL's that are built are all built with the Panoramic Roof even though the Panoramic Roof is an option on the ES350 Ultra Luxury sedan. All ES350's are built in Kentucky, not in Japan for the USA market by the way. Your input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by glamglam; 03-19-22 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-20-22, 09:44 AM
NoMoreEv
Driver

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Raquettes
Amazing!!! When did you order yours?
I found an unsold incoming unit and got the deal done beginning of February.

Old 03-20-22, 10:48 AM
NiCoRe
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by nitrolada
When I asked my sales in January, they said min 1 year wait or longer

I doubt it'll be 3-6mths when that's how long the regular 350 hybrid is. Plug in is like the RAV4 prime probably..so over one year or longer I'm guessing

The price is actually quite cheap for the plug in here to me ...it's 60k base but comparable to the 350h with luxury package in terms of features and the 350h with luxury is already 56k
In Europe, situation is 11 to 12 months to get a 450H+ and over 18 months for a 350h...
Old 03-20-22, 10:50 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by NiCoRe
In Europe, situation is 11 to 12 months to get a 450H+ and over 18 months for a 350h...
That's weird... I would have assumed that the plug-in would have the longer wait! 🥺
Old 03-20-22, 10:55 AM
Birdman325
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Picking up my 350H with Pano roof tomorrow at noon! Downtown Lexus
The following 2 users liked this post by Birdman325:
B0077144 (03-20-22), lsft (03-20-22)
Old 03-20-22, 11:13 AM
NiCoRe
Driver

That's weird... I would have assumed that the plug-in would have the longer wait! 🥺
Allocations seems pretty differen due to market conditions. Low Emission Zones are popping up like mushrooms in France and PHEV have pretty big tax cuts (especially for company cars). Compared to a classic SUV, lets say a petrol TIGUAN, you avoid around 8000 USD tax on purchase + 2000 USD annual tax for the company
Old 03-20-22, 11:18 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Birdman325
Picking up my 350H with Pano roof tomorrow at noon! Downtown Lexus
Congratulations! Post pictures when you get it✌🏽👍🏽
Old 03-20-22, 11:20 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NiCoRe
Allocations seems pretty differen due to market conditions. Low Emission Zones are popping up like mushrooms in France and PHEV have pretty big tax cuts (especially for company cars). Compared to a classic SUV, lets say a petrol TIGUAN, you avoid around 8000 USD tax on purchase + 2000 USD annual tax for the company
Makes sense! I find y'all Europeans are more aggressive with green driving and electrification than here in North America. The love for trucks and muscle is still a big deal here🤣🤪
Old 03-20-22, 11:22 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by glamglam
I just found this post about the Panoramic Roof issues. I don't mean to go off topic here about this or to hijack this thread, but I would like to know whether the Panoramic Roof issue that's happening for the NX is also happening for the Panoramic Roof that's on the ES350 Ultra Luxury sedan? Do both of these vehicles use the same exact chips for their Panoramic Roofs? Is the real cause of the Panoramic Roof issue because of the shortage of chips for it or is the real cause because of something else like maybe a shortage of the glass for the Panoramic Roof? Can someone in here who knows about this tell me whether or not the Panoramic Roof on the ES350 Ultra Luxury is also affected by this? Having to wait over 6 to 8 months is a very long time to attain chips for the Panoramic Roof. I would think that the wait wouldn't be more than a month or two at the most for the chips.
My dealer has been very proactive with everything and he hasn't said anything to me about the ES350 Ultra Luxury having any issues with the chips for the Panoramic Roof, so I don't know if this issue also pertains to the ES350 Ultra Luxury sedan too. I would like to know what's going on with this because my dealer is trying twice a month to get an allocation for an ES350 Ultra Luxury sedan for me with the Panoramic Roof. Most (99%) of the ES350 UL's that are built are all built with the Panoramic Roof even though the Panoramic Roof is an option on the ES350 Ultra Luxury sedan. All ES350's are built in Kentucky, not in Japan for the USA market by the way. Your input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Honestly, I really don't know. I had assumed the issue was with the supply of the actual panoramic roof itself and not the computer chips to control it. If it was the roof itself, I'll assume different dimensions but potentially same supplier. Either way, which ever it is, chip or parts, it's certainly thrown a spanner in the works for a long long time.
Old 03-20-22, 11:48 AM
NiCoRe
Driver

Makes sense! I find y'all Europeans are more aggressive with green driving and electrification than here in North America. The love for trucks and muscle is still a big deal here🤣🤪
This green driving mania is pure madness !
I would love to get a truck for my Normandy home (rural France, close to the D-day beaches) but it's a no-no regarding taxes so I've got a used Panda 4x4 which is 10 feet long instead with a tow !
The European Union passes regulations making mandatory a whole bunch of equipment (basically all the safety systems needed for level 2 autonomous driving) regardless of the size and price of the car. You cannot find a new city car (Fiat 500 size) under 15 to 20 grands and lots of manufacturers are dropping these models.

Old 03-20-22, 02:51 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Honestly, I really don't know. I had assumed the issue was with the supply of the actual panoramic roof itself and not the computer chips to control it. If it was the roof itself, I'll assume different dimensions but potentially same supplier. Either way, which ever it is, chip or parts, it's certainly thrown a spanner in the works for a long long time.
If it’s the same exact supplier for the panoramic sunroof, then Lexus will have to use the standard equipment regular sunroof for the vehicles. I don’t know about the Luxury package on the NX, but the ES350 Ultra Luxury sedan comes with the standard equipment regular sunroof, not with the optional panoramic sunroof.
However, 99.9% of the ES350 Ultra Luxury sedans come from the Kentucky factory with the Panoramic Sunroof which is optional equipment. I believe that if there’s a shortage of chips for the Panoramic Sunroof or a shortage of the Panoramic Sunroof unit itself, then Lexus will have to build the ES350 Ultra Luxury sedan with the standard equipment sunroof. It would be nice to obtain more inside information about this issue.

Last edited by glamglam; 03-20-22 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-20-22, 04:28 PM
NX350H
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am a bit annoyed to see the exact car model I ordered is available at other dealerships, but I need to wait until June (?) for my car to arrive because I made a non refundable deposit a month ago. I’ve needed a car since I got into an accident in November. I initially didn’t sign up as the wait was 5-6 months and I figured inventory would get better. After a few months, I finally bit the bullet and ordered one when it appears I should have just waited one more month.
Old 03-21-22, 01:05 AM
danielmao
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! I picked up the same trim at Downtown Lexus last Thursday as well!
The following users liked this post:
lsft (03-21-22)
Old 03-23-22, 03:13 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Default Finally I have an ETA!

Originally Posted by NX350H
I am a bit annoyed to see the exact car model I ordered is available at other dealerships, but I need to wait until June (?) for my car to arrive because I made a non refundable deposit a month ago. I’ve needed a car since I got into an accident in November. I initially didn’t sign up as the wait was 5-6 months and I figured inventory would get better. After a few months, I finally bit the bullet and ordered one when it appears I should have just waited one more month.
I had initially expected to wait up to 6 months for this car when I ordered in January because of the supply chain issues, COVID pandemic, and now, the added stress of the war in Russia. So definitely, 6 months is long, but about expected considering current circumstances. My dealership just gave me an ETA of June 30 for my NX350h Ultra-Premium. I would have had no date if I stuck with my initial Luxury trim order.

At least, now I have a date I can look forward to; even if it's 3 months from now...

Quick Reply: 2022 NX - Canadian Trim Levels and Ordering Guide