2022 NX - Canadian Trim Levels and Ordering Guide

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-22, 12:28 PM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by buhdeh
NX350h luxury
That's crazy. I placed my order early April and was given a 3-4 months ETA. I guess I better not keep my hopes up.
Old 05-15-22, 02:32 AM
StarMistXL
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zanewyn
That's crazy. I placed my order early April and was given a 3-4 months ETA. I guess I better not keep my hopes up.
It will be best to double that time estimate to 6-8 months in the very least. I am in BC, placed deposit for the NX350h Luxury Pkg back in August 2021 and my SA entered my order in November 2021 when the system began accepting orders. It is May 2022 and I don't even have confirmation that my order has an allocation for production from the factory/regional office.

It should be noted that my SA did say if you go down trim levels to Base/Premium or up trim levels to Ultra Luxury/Executive, the waits are not as bad. Also, my SA said that the top sales at their dealer had 76 NXs on order. So the struggle is very real.

At this point I am glad if I can get the car before the end of summer so I can drive it around in the nicer weather.
The following 2 users liked this post by StarMistXL:
buhdeh (05-16-22), zanewyn (05-15-22)
Old 05-15-22, 06:10 AM
Susido
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Ordered a NX350h executive package at the end of March and was told about a 5 month wait. Received an update from my salesperson with an expected build date of between July 14-24. So ahead of schedule but I assume this does not take into consideration the coming (current?) shutdown of the Cambridge assembly line due to parts shortage from China. I'm not in any real hurry, would be nice to receive it before winter though.
Old 05-15-22, 12:34 PM
nitrolada
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by StarMistXL
It will be best to double that time estimate to 6-8 months in the very least. I am in BC, placed deposit for the NX350h Luxury Pkg back in August 2021 and my SA entered my order in November 2021 when the system began accepting orders. It is May 2022 and I don't even have confirmation that my order has an allocation for production from the factory/regional office.

It should be noted that my SA did say if you go down trim levels to Base/Premium or up trim levels to Ultra Luxury/Executive, the waits are not as bad. Also, my SA said that the top sales at their dealer had 76 NXs on order. So the struggle is very real.

At this point I am glad if I can get the car before the end of summer so I can drive it around in the nicer weather.
Yup..I'm so glad I changed my luxury to ultra premium when they offered that for a while as I didn't want pano in first place

I ordered my original luxury at end of Jan, changed to ultra premium mid March and car should be coming this week!

Last week it was still scheduled for May 6-16 arrival. I'm on vacation and so is my sales so hopefully it'll be ready for pickup when I'm back

Last edited by nitrolada; 05-15-22 at 12:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
lsft (05-18-22)
Old 05-17-22, 09:27 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Placed an order for a base (Ultra Premium) NX450h+ last month as soon as Transport Canada added the NX to their list for eligible for EV rebates. Told to expect 18-24 months...
Old 05-18-22, 07:17 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 600 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by computerwi
Placed an order for a base (Ultra Premium) NX450h+ last month as soon as Transport Canada added the NX to their list for eligible for EV rebates. Told to expect 18-24 months...
So is it a 2024 model year?
The following users liked this post:
geomike (05-18-22)
Old 05-18-22, 08:15 AM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Lol that's absurd. Do you get to lock in the finance rate now?
Old 05-18-22, 09:59 AM
reereeyyz
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noted this in an earlier thread as I was looking into the 450H+. There are only 1000 allotted to Canada and 60% reserved for BC/Quebec. So...the 18/24 estimate is reasonable.
Old 05-18-22, 07:04 PM
wingman75
5th Gear

I just did the same. Once it was added to the list, we went over and test drove (they only have one 350h on the lot for that purpose) and put the deposit down right there. That particular dealer told me 12-18 months, and that we would be getting a 2023 model. Pricing would be "negotiated" once we had confirmation of the VIN. Went with the white, as we have a black vehicle now and don't love the silver's beige undertones.

This will be my first Lexus... have been wanting one since '89 Grew up on 80's and 90's Toyota's, and driving Mazda's since '01.
Old 05-18-22, 09:05 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by wingman75
I just did the same. Once it was added to the list, we went over and test drove (they only have one 350h on the lot for that purpose) and put the deposit down right there. That particular dealer told me 12-18 months, and that we would be getting a 2023 model. Pricing would be "negotiated" once we had confirmation of the VIN. Went with the white, as we have a black vehicle now and don't love the silver's beige undertones.

This will be my first Lexus... have been wanting one since '89 Grew up on 80's and 90's Toyota's, and driving Mazda's since '01.
You're gonna love the Lexus. So much that you're not going to contemplate driving anything else afterwards. A friend who's a sales rep with Kia had been trying to get me to deposit on the EV6 and forgo my NX350h... But nah man!
Old 05-19-22, 05:23 AM
buhdeh
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I thought about moving to 450h+ too but I didn’t want to drive an SUV without parking sensors… so dumb that you have to go to the $70K model just to get parking sensors.
Old 05-19-22, 07:11 AM
wingman75
5th Gear

Originally Posted by LStoneX
You're gonna love the Lexus. So much that you're not going to contemplate driving anything else afterwards. A friend who's a sales rep with Kia had been trying to get me to deposit on the EV6 and forgo my NX350h... But nah man!
Thanks!! Yea, we are pretty excited; just need to temper it as it is a long wait!!

Originally Posted by buhdeh
I thought about moving to 450h+ too but I didn’t want to drive an SUV without parking sensors… so dumb that you have to go to the $70K model just to get parking sensors.
Agree, there were a couple features I was surprised were not included in the Ultra Premium. Sensors are not a factor for me, have never had them... but the wireless charging and heads up display were the only two things I would have liked to have. Don't need either.
I am pretty eager to see the specs on the 2023 model since that is what I will most likely be getting. I am holding out hope for an increase in battery range as the big '23 change. Anything else is added to the Ultra Premium is a bonus. That being said, the current 60km range was a big reason we went with the NX... it is right in the sweet spot for us. The potential gas savings are way more than I ever though they would be.

All that being said, I expect Lexus to tweak the '23 model year features so we may get a few perks on the Ultra Premium trim; especially for those items that are low profit and not needle moving. Is anyone really going to spend 15k+ for a wireless charger? Please tell me no.
Old 05-19-22, 07:15 AM
Utopiag
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm from BC too. Ordered at end of October and changed my color when I went for test drive in January.
The sales told me expect end of June or early Fall, that was before earthquake and supplier system got hack in Japan.
It's a painful wait as I see the gas price keep going up and I already accept the fact that I will be lucky if I see my car end of this year.
Realistically, I am expecting January or February so I stop asking for update from my sales. There is just no point.

I always want a Lexus SUV since high school back in the 90s. I still remember the wow effect when I sat in my classmate pearl white RX back then.
Hopefully, I can finally drive off with one soon.
Old 05-19-22, 07:18 AM
wingman75
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Utopiag
I'm from BC too. Ordered at end of October and changed my color when I went for test drive in January.
The sales told me expect end of June or early Fall, that was before earthquake and supplier system got hack in Japan.
It's a painful wait as I see the gas price keep going up and I already accept the fact that I will be lucky if I see my car end of this year.
Realistically, I am expecting January or February so I stop asking for update from my sales. There is just no point.

I always want a Lexus SUV since high school back in the 90s. I still remember the wow effect when I sat in my classmate pearl white RX back then.
We're all going to have to be a very patient bunch lol

Did you order white? Is the EMINENT WHITE PEARL a metallic finish? Looks like it is.
Old 05-19-22, 07:19 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Utopiag

Which dealership are you working with?

I'm working with Regency Lexus for my 350h and still holding out hope that my June 30 ETA holds true.

Quick Reply: 2022 NX - Canadian Trim Levels and Ordering Guide