NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

2022 NX - Canadian Trim Levels and Ordering Guide

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-22, 10:03 AM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Has anyone heard of any updates from Cambridge plant? Are there still non-production days causing delays?
Old 05-30-22, 10:37 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by lsft
Typically if there is an ETA, it will be very close. You will not see a VIN until it gets on the train/trunk on the way to the dealership's lot. I got an ETA and it arrived a week early for my situation.
Thanks for the comments. My SA got back to me saying my delivery ETA is right on schedule which lines up with what you said.🤩

Anybody know anyone interested in buying my 2IS?🤪
Old 05-30-22, 05:59 PM
nitrolada
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Dealer emailed me my car (NX 350h in CB grey and red interior) arrived on may 17 (eta was may 6-16) but I only had time to pick it up today. Ordered mid March for the ultra premium trim because dealer was able to give me eta (original luxury ordered end of Jan)

So the eta was bang on, no issues yet... wireless charging worked fine for me especially after I slid tray back in. I have a pixel 6 and case on. Nice that the new gen Drivers assist is caught up and similar to my experience in the Hyundai rentals I've driven last few times I was travelling

Profile and etc works fine (but maybe that's cause I don't have digital key and only linked one key to my profile)

Now I need to figure out my next car given wait times of 18-24mths for a lot of cars and the nx350h wasn't really my first choice (a plug in was like the 450h) but I wanted a new car sooner and can always trade the 350h in.

I just need to tint it and that's all I'm doing with it as I'm not sure how long I'll keep it.
Old 05-31-22, 07:10 AM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by nitrolada
Dealer emailed me my car (NX 350h in CB grey and red interior) arrived on may 17 (eta was may 6-16) but I only had time to pick it up today. Ordered mid March for the ultra premium trim because dealer was able to give me eta (original luxury ordered end of Jan)

So the eta was bang on, no issues yet... wireless charging worked fine for me especially after I slid tray back in. I have a pixel 6 and case on. Nice that the new gen Drivers assist is caught up and similar to my experience in the Hyundai rentals I've driven last few times I was travelling

Profile and etc works fine (but maybe that's cause I don't have digital key and only linked one key to my profile)

Now I need to figure out my next car given wait times of 18-24mths for a lot of cars and the nx350h wasn't really my first choice (a plug in was like the 450h) but I wanted a new car sooner and can always trade the 350h in.

I just need to tint it and that's all I'm doing with it as I'm not sure how long I'll keep it.
Congrats on your delivery. I am still waiting for mine from Don Valley. Unfortunately I ordered much later and it's the luxury trim, no ETA in sight.

Do you have recommendation on a reputable tint place? I heard auto-links is suppose to be top notch. However they messed up my buddy's Tesla tint with bubbles and a scratch.

Last edited by zanewyn; 05-31-22 at 07:14 AM.
Old 05-31-22, 09:36 AM
buhdeh
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Kinda regret ordering this car. If I knew the wait was going to be 5+ months for this car, I should have just gotten on a waiting list for an EV.
Old 05-31-22, 09:59 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Default EV waitlists are longer

Originally Posted by buhdeh
Kinda regret ordering this car. If I knew the wait was going to be 5+ months for this car, I should have just gotten on a waiting list for an EV.
When did you order your NX?

I pretty much knew that I'd be looking at a long wait and I was prepared to wait up to 6 months; even though my SA said 3-4 months. I have currently been waiting just shy of 5 months and my ETA is going to bring it to just over 5 months and 2 weeks. Not too long in today's crazy market.

EV wait times are longer AFAIK. The EV6 or Ioniq5 have wait times in excess of 18 months as the Kia dealership told me when I went in to check. The only one with a relatively short wait time is the Kia Soul at 8 months.

Tesla wait times are over 8 months and you don't want to ask those waiting for an F-150 Lightning or Rivian or any of those other fancy new EV players.

So really, it's just a matter of deciding what car you really want and how long you're prepared to wait for it.

But still, I'm sorry you feel bad about the delay. You'll prolly change your mind when you get the car and see how awesome it is🤪😁
Old 05-31-22, 10:08 AM
buhdeh
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LStoneX
When did you order your NX?

I pretty much knew that I'd be looking at a long wait and I was prepared to wait up to 6 months; even though my SA said 3-4 months. I have currently been waiting just shy of 5 months and my ETA is going to bring it to just over 5 months and 2 weeks. Not too long in today's crazy market.

EV wait times are longer AFAIK. The EV6 or Ioniq5 have wait times in excess of 18 months as the Kia dealership told me when I went in to check. The only one with a relatively short wait time is the Kia Soul at 8 months.

Tesla wait times are over 8 months and you don't want to ask those waiting for an F-150 Lightning or Rivian or any of those other fancy new EV players.

So really, it's just a matter of deciding what car you really want and how long you're prepared to wait for it.

But still, I'm sorry you feel bad about the delay. You'll prolly change your mind when you get the car and see how awesome it is🤪😁
I ordered in 2021. I'm at about 6ish months now. If I ordered an Ioniq 5 / Tesla Y / Tesla 3 back at the same time that I ordered this car, I probably would've had it by now or at least I would have been OK using the 6 months I waited on this car towards the wait times of those cars.

Part of it is also the dealership I'm working with just doesn't seem to care about me. Literally not a single phone call or message to update me on what's going on.
Old 06-01-22, 12:53 PM
StarMistXL
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by buhdeh
I ordered in 2021. I'm at about 6ish months now. If I ordered an Ioniq 5 / Tesla Y / Tesla 3 back at the same time that I ordered this car, I probably would've had it by now or at least I would have been OK using the 6 months I waited on this car towards the wait times of those cars.

Part of it is also the dealership I'm working with just doesn't seem to care about me. Literally not a single phone call or message to update me on what's going on.
I have a similar feeling too with regards to the dealership. I had to chase after my SA for the minimal updates.

I placed my deposit back in August 2021 and my friend placed her deposit for the Hyundai Ioniq 5 in September 2021. She got her car delivered in April 2022 and is proudly driving it with these insane gas prices. While I'm just waiting here with the interest rates going up.

Im just hoping the order gets fulfilled before the next interest hike.
Old 06-01-22, 01:38 PM
nitrolada
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by zanewyn
Congrats on your delivery. I am still waiting for mine from Don Valley. Unfortunately I ordered much later and it's the luxury trim, no ETA in sight.

Do you have recommendation on a reputable tint place? I heard auto-links is suppose to be top notch. However they messed up my buddy's Tesla tint with bubbles and a scratch.
i'm going to elevated auto, have used audio heaven and auto-links in past. TBH, i think it depends on who the installer is working on your car as i'm sure staff changes all the time but auto-links, AH and elevated have been around for a long time and will address problems and have decent CS, but just with volume and probability, there's always someone who has a bad experience. I've had AH and autolinks redo tint jobs (bubbles) too, but at least they stand behind their work.

AH won't touch the car because it's NX and Jeff just wants nothing to do with the IR coating (understandable) even though not sure if new NX has same coating as old one (i don't think so as manual doesn't say don't scratch it and etc for interior windows like old NX) but he wasn't sure. Elevated (I think) assumed my NX is just like the old one and said they'll tint it, but no warranty since they can't clean with razor blade and can't be redone.
The following users liked this post:
zanewyn (06-01-22)
Old 06-01-22, 08:45 PM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by nitrolada
i'm going to elevated auto, have used audio heaven and auto-links in past. TBH, i think it depends on who the installer is working on your car as i'm sure staff changes all the time but auto-links, AH and elevated have been around for a long time and will address problems and have decent CS, but just with volume and probability, there's always someone who has a bad experience. I've had AH and autolinks redo tint jobs (bubbles) too, but at least they stand behind their work.

AH won't touch the car because it's NX and Jeff just wants nothing to do with the IR coating (understandable) even though not sure if new NX has same coating as old one (i don't think so as manual doesn't say don't scratch it and etc for interior windows like old NX) but he wasn't sure. Elevated (I think) assumed my NX is just like the old one and said they'll tint it, but no warranty since they can't clean with razor blade and can't be redone.
I was hoping to try Audio Heaven, but I guess as you mentioned, their shop won't do the new NX? Hmm thanks for the heads-up

Last edited by zanewyn; 06-04-22 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-02-22, 07:23 AM
Utopiag
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

@StarMistXL Which dealership and which City are you in?
I have to chase my SA for update and now I just give up emailing him for ETA now. He did call and email me immediately in March for an available demo 450h+ but it's not the trim and color I prefer so I said no. That was the most prompt follow up from him and I placed my order end of October 2021.
I'm with Regency Lexus
Old 06-03-22, 06:31 PM
geomike
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 350 executive

Does the 350 executive have ventilated front seats ? I don't see it on the first thread !
Old 06-06-22, 02:13 AM
StarMistXL
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Utopiag
@StarMistXL Which dealership and which City are you in?
I have to chase my SA for update and now I just give up emailing him for ETA now. He did call and email me immediately in March for an available demo 450h+ but it's not the trim and color I prefer so I said no. That was the most prompt follow up from him and I placed my order end of October 2021.
I'm with Regency Lexus
I'm with OpenRoad Lexus. My SA is more responsive with text. Emails yields no replies. I'm waiting for the 350h. I think the 450h+ is a long road ahead similar to the Rav4 Prime. Unless you actually work in the dealership or have some insider connection, chances are the wait will continue to be brutal.
Old 06-06-22, 07:25 AM
Utopiag
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

When I placed my order in October 2021, he mentioned realistically I should be expecting 2023 delivery. Once I paid my deposit and choose the color combo, he gave me hope that it will be summer. Now, I have scale back my expectation to 2023 delivery myself. Meanwhile, I just enjoy my moonroof a little longer before 450h+ arrival. I do not mine a longer delivery as it serve me better financially but it kills me with no delivery date and no update. I don't even know or remember my SA phone number. I have been contacting him through email from day one. Ugh, I should have gone to a mutual friend in the same dealership. I got annoy the mutual friend doesn't take initiative to follow up with me so I went with a new guy....
Old 06-06-22, 07:28 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Utopiag
When I placed my order in October 2021, he mentioned realistically I should be expecting 2023 delivery. Once I paid my deposit and choose the color combo, he gave me hope that it will be summer. Now, I have scale back my expectation to 2023 delivery myself. Meanwhile, I just enjoy my moonroof a little longer before 450h+ arrival. I do not mine a longer delivery as it serve me better financially but it kills me with no delivery date and no update. I don't even know or remember my SA phone number. I have been contacting him through email from day one. Ugh, I should have gone to a mutual friend in the same dealership. I got annoy the mutual friend doesn't take initiative to follow up with me so I went with a new guy....
Sorry to hear you've had crappy relationship with your SA. I'm with Regency Lexus too and my SA is very responsive via text. I've never even emailed him.

You should complain to someone there who would listen...a manager maybe..

Quick Reply: 2022 NX - Canadian Trim Levels and Ordering Guide