NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

What model of NX do you plan on purchasing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-21 | 08:30 PM
midcow3
Racer

Exclamation

Originally Posted by RXWes
Was at my local dealership today to pick up a part.

On the lot they have a handful of 2021 NX models for sale. I jokingly asked the salesman how much off of MSRP are you letting them go for? Typical salesman answer was MSRP because every car is flying out the door.

I know that’s not true. The same cars were there when I had my last service done a couple weeks ago.

That got me thinking. How much off of MSRP would you need to buy this years model and not an all new 2022?

A full loaded F-Sport goes for 47K.

So would it be 5K ? 10K ?
NO, NO don't do it. There is night and day difference between the 2021 and 2022. Get the 2022 for sure: a couple of things: (1) touch screen (2) more Power (3) more miles per gallon (4) better rear passneger leg room.
Old 12-17-21 | 08:41 PM
midcow3
Racer

Cool CVT s have electric motors also

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Also CVT vs naturally aspirated Inline 4, transmission shifts will be a different feel, jerky/loud engine vs smooth/quiet.
This is just not true; you are forgetting the electric motors, The new CVTs are much, much better than before. One reason I am getting a 350h is because of the smoothness of my wife's 2020 Avalon limited hybrid (same as ES300) and the decent power it has. I previously had Prius ( pretty doggy) and CT200h ( pretty doggy, smooth quiet CVT). The combination of electric motors and CVT will be excellent in the 350h and it actually drives and feels faster than the 0 to 60 mph time. But if you think you need more get the 450h+ ( not me I need the Mark Levinson).nadu

Xanadu350 , I would say in your case go out and actually drive both and then make a decision, I think you will be unexpectedly pleased with the new CVT. Especially try the "Sport" mode.
Old 12-18-21 | 12:31 AM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by midcow3
NO, NO don't do it. There is night and day difference between the 2021 and 2022. Get the 2022 for sure: a couple of things: (1) touch screen (2) more Power (3) more miles per gallon (4) better rear passneger leg room.
Those things sound great. But so does a discount of 10K.

Drive it a couple years. Then when the 450h becomes available at MSRP. Sell and buy a 2023 during the Christmas to Remember
Old 12-18-21 | 12:29 PM
rellim
Rookie

Originally Posted by powerlover
Got myself NX350T F Sport Luxury preordered in the last week of November. Called JM Lexus today and instead of expected December 22nd , they pushed delivery to January 2nd - January 7th
Hopefully, it doesn't get pushed back any further. I wanted to get the 350h before January 1st but that is looking less likely by the day. I must say I appreciate JM Lexus' honesty in their dealings, unlike the other dealer which is based in South Broward. The experience was night and day!
Old 12-20-21 | 07:47 AM
VomieroEmu
Driver School Candidate

Got myself NX350T F Sport Luxury preordered in the last week of November. Called JM Lexus today and instead of expected December 22nd , they pushed delivery to January 2nd - January 7th
I ordered a 350 FSport Luxury the 2nd of December and haven’t heard a peep from the dealer since. I actually emailed them today as they said it takes 7 days for Lexus to accept it and they would update me then; it’s been 14 days. Not that I’m in a hurry and I know not can take a long time right now. Updates are always appreciated haha.
Old 12-20-21 | 09:20 AM
midcow3
Racer

Smile China Chip shortage - January or February 2022 most likely

Originally Posted by VomieroEmu
I ordered a 350 FSport Luxury the 2nd of December and haven’t heard a peep from the dealer since. I actually emailed them today as they said it takes 7 days for Lexus to accept it and they would update me then; it’s been 14 days. Not that I’m in a hurry and I know not can take a long time right now. Updates are always appreciated haha.
VomieroEmu,

I wish you the best, but the Lexus 2022 NXs have all been delayed because of the China chip shortage. Your dealer my have been optimistic based on past (pre-chip shortage delivery times) Lexus transactions. We on this forum are all waiting, me a little over a month since ordering ( actually first on the list with the right to refuse for a Lexus 2022 NX 350h, redline color, luxury package, Mark Levinson at minimum.)

The good news is that if you check cars.com and various Lexus dealerships, it appears the 2022 NXs are very slowly starting to trickle in, and best I can tell most are selling at MSRP without any ADM.

Again, good luck to you, and if you get an NX 350 Fsport soon the maybe you will have a Merry Christmas. Not trying to be pessimistic, but I am hoping January 2022 delivery and more likely February 2022.

YMMV,

MidCow3
Old 12-20-21 | 09:24 AM
midcow3
Racer

Cool

Hey Powerlower,

Let us know when you get your NX350T F Sport. I think even January 7 delivery would be awesome. I ordered about the time you did, but I haven't received any updates so I think my delivery will be farther out

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

MidCow3
Old 12-20-21 | 10:41 PM
edstewbob
Rookie

We are getting a red NX-350h Premium hopefully yet this year. It's at the port and supposed to be on a truck Dec 22 going to Greenville, SC and delivered just before or right after Christmas. It has the following options:20-INCH-20-SPOKE ALLOY WHEELS WITH SILVER FINISH
10-INCH-HEAD-UP DISPLAY, 7.0-IN MULTI-INFORMATION DISPLAY AND DIGITAL REARVIEW MIRROR
14-INCH-MULTIMEDIA TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY, DRIVE CONNECT TRIAL WITH CLOUD NAVIGATION, INCLUDING GOOGLE POINTS-OF-INTEREST DATA; INTELLIGENT ASSISTANT, INCLUDING HEY LEXUS; AND DESTINATION ASSIST.
2,000-LB-TOWING CAPACITY
LEXUS-DIGITAL KEY, SMARTACCESS CARD KEY AND WIRELESS CHARGER
HEATED-WOOD- AND LEATHER TRIMMED STEERING WHEEL
DOOR-EDGE FILM BY 3M
REAR-BUMPER PROTECTOR
ILLUMINATED-DOOR SILLS
CARGO-NET
KEY-GLOVES WITH LEXUS LOGO
MUD-GUARDS
ALLOY-WHEEL LOCKS
The following users liked this post:
Lexus22563 (12-21-21)
Old 12-21-21 | 04:04 AM
Scottydog
Driver

I spoke with the sales manager at one dealer, sales person at another. The NX450h+ PHEV will be in EXTREMELY short supply for the time being. Both said they were told only CA and OR will get them, and only a few at that. None in USA right now. Expect price in mid 60's. Lexus is only breaking even on it so don't expect them to ramp up production any time soon.
Old 12-21-21 | 04:37 AM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Scottydog
I spoke with the sales manager at one dealer, sales person at another. The NX450h+ PHEV will be in EXTREMELY short supply for the time being.
The NX450h has the same drive train as the RAV4 Prime. And they are not extremely limited. I can see all NXs being limited till the Ontario plant starts making them. And the majority of them will definitely be going to the 12 Low emission states. Just like the RAV4 Prime does now.

Last edited by RXWes; 12-21-21 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-21-21 | 06:37 AM
lsft
Racer

I spoke with the sales manager at one dealer, sales person at another. The NX450h+ PHEV will be in EXTREMELY short supply for the time being. Both said they were told only CA and OR will get them, and only a few at that. None in USA right now. Expect price in mid 60's. Lexus is only breaking even on it so don't expect them to ramp up production any time soon.
I've ordered the NX450h+ in August timeframe and they are now telling me it's delayed until March 2021 in Canada... and I'm expecting it to be further delayed.
Old 12-21-21 | 08:01 AM
Scottydog
Driver

Originally Posted by lsft
I've ordered the NX450h+ in August timeframe and they are now telling me it's delayed until March 2021 in Canada... and I'm expecting it to be further delayed.
Here is an email reply from one of the Denver dealers- "You are correct when it comes to if and when we will get the new 2022 NX 450h+. At one point we had been told by Lexus that only California and Oregon were only going to be the states to get them for the new year. As of now, I have yet to hear anything different." I imagine the west coast will grab them up and sell them with +10/15k ADM.

I ran the numbers on the 450h+ and with a USA $7,500 tax rebate it made financial sense at MSRP (assuming you can find one). In Canada I hear you guys have a 45k ceiling on tax rebates. Unless you are in love with the cache of the first PHEV Lexus you'll never make up the cost with fuel savings. All the NX deliveries are way behind schedule. In Denver metro I have to put down 1k, really no color choice, and wait in line.

The NX350h is $500 less than the NX350 with the same performance, so the hybrid is a no-brainer IMO. One sales manager said the NX350/h sport was his pick of the litter.

JMO YMMV

Last edited by Scottydog; 12-21-21 at 08:12 AM.
Old 12-21-21 | 10:27 AM
deadduck
Driver School Candidate

The PHEV, with the full bevy of tax credits works quite well, add in ADM, and nope, "no bueno"! But, someone will buy them, ADM and all.

There are Venza's out there, it's not that much different from a NX and you could probably ferret one of those out at sticker with a bit of work.
Old 12-21-21 | 12:31 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Here is an email reply from one of the Denver dealers- "You are correct when it comes to if and when we will get the new 2022 NX 450h+. At one point we had been told by Lexus that only California and Oregon were only going to be the states to get them for the new year. As of now, I have yet to hear anything different." I imagine the west coast will grab them up and sell them with +10/15k ADM.

I ran the numbers on the 450h+ and with a USA $7,500 tax rebate it made financial sense at MSRP (assuming you can find one). In Canada I hear you guys have a 45k ceiling on tax rebates. Unless you are in love with the cache of the first PHEV Lexus you'll never make up the cost with fuel savings. All the NX deliveries are way behind schedule. In Denver metro I have to put down 1k, really no color choice, and wait in line.

The NX350h is $500 less than the NX350 with the same performance, so the hybrid is a no-brainer IMO. One sales manager said the NX350/h sport was his pick of the litter.

JMO YMMV
The 350h and the 350 are not the same performance. They have very different HP and 0-60 times and the h is a CVT vs an 8 speed auto.
Old 12-21-21 | 02:11 PM
lsft
Racer

JMO YMMV
Yes, depends in what province you live in. Some provinces you will still get some rebates. In Ontario, we are getting zero rebates for the NX450h+. I wanted the F-Sport and the only option is really the 350 and 450h+. I am not looking at recovering the cost, but more of a preference and if I wanted some fuel efficient suv with the F-Sport look and an NX, the NX450h+ is the only option.

I've driven 2 NX with the turbo and wanted something different.

Quick Reply: What model of NX do you plan on purchasing?