NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

What model of NX do you plan on purchasing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-21 | 12:08 PM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by adb04
I got a call from my dealer (bay area, CA) yesterday confirming one 450h+ Luxury package is expected to arrive at Long Beach port on 12/28. They have assigned the vin to me. I made 1k deposit on Oct 1. They are not charging any mark-ups. I wanted F-Sports, but there are probably no significant differences between luxury and F-Sports (could be wrong here). Variable suspension is a nice feature which is not there in non F-Sports trim.
Here is the PRICE:Vehicle base model $55,650.00Total installed Packages & Accessories $4,605.00Delivery processing / handling $1,075.00Total MSRP* $61,330.00
Which dealer was this?
Old 12-23-21 | 12:29 PM
blaczc
4th Gear

Originally Posted by NJRonbo
Congrats on your vehicle.

I take it this is stock luxury? Does it have the 14" screen, HUD, ventilated seats? Anything that you had to forgo to get this vehicle immediately or was it custom built?
Thanks! Yes, it is from stock but the trim and colors are exactly what I wanted. It does have the things that you mentioned, plus others like pano view, smart phone package, etc. So it is pretty fully loaded one.
Old 12-23-21 | 01:07 PM
adb04
Driver

Lexus of Pleasanton
Lexus Stevens Creek
Old 12-23-21 | 02:22 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by adb04
Lexus of Pleasanton
Lexus Stevens Creek
I saw that Pleasanton has several nx 450's ready for delivery. I don't know if they are spoken for yet.
Old 12-23-21 | 06:42 PM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Geopoz
I saw that Pleasanton has several nx 450's ready for delivery. I don't know if they are spoken for yet.
They are only selling locally. I guess eventhough I am at MTV area they said that isn't local.

Lexus of Marin - Selling 12k ADM. They just sold the only one they had for 15k.
Southbay Lexus - 10k ADM.
Old 12-24-21 | 05:51 AM
Scottydog
Driver

Originally Posted by JamesAbbe
You just need a level 2 charger installed in your garage.
There are multiple brands, even chargepoint has one to install at your home. I have one from Bosch setup like 7 years ago still working fine, but doesn't have any fancy features like internet connection.
Another option is to just get a 240V outlet (like the ones for your dryer, with enough amperage). Then you can just use charging cables and not something that is mounted on the wall.

If you want to be future proof, there might be some new ones that support bidirectional charging (like V2H, vehicle to home to use your car battery in case of power outage), but those are still in very very early stage and probably not worth installing right now.
I personally haven't done the research myself. Also Tesla has it's on proprietary version, so if you want a Tesla and non-Tesla EV you will need an adaptor one way or another, other brands should have the same connector type (looks like they are called "Type 1 (SAE J1772)", but I loosely call them CCS as opposed to CHAdeMO which is pretty much dead in US since only Leaf supported it.)

Lastly since NX450h+ is same as Rav4 Prime under the hood, you can find more info in other forums like this one: https://www.rav4world.com/threads/ra...ptions.313212/
I like the idea of a 240V outlet. I have a garage breaker box in a perfect spot to bring out an outlet pretty easy for an electrician, no proprietary gizmo that I would have to swap out in a few years.
No tesla for me. Over the top pricing, no more rebate, reliability issues. I saw a recent Consumer Report auto reliability article, Lexus #1, Tesla #17...
Old 12-24-21 | 08:02 AM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Genesis / Hyundai is hinting that touch free charging will be available soon. Apparently the idea is to drive over the charging pad and park for a wireless charge. To me, this sounds like the ultimate charging solution and could be standardized for all makes and models, similar to the way cell phones are charged today.
Old 12-24-21 | 12:06 PM
Scottydog
Driver

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
The 350h and the 350 are not the same performance. They have very different HP and 0-60 times and the h is a CVT vs an 8 speed auto.
I haven't driven either of them. Motortrend had this to say:

"For buyers choosing between the two NX350s (turbo-four or hybrid), most will be better suited by the latter. On the road, the hybrid provides similar acceleration to the gas-only NX along with the requisite fuel economy gains."
Old 12-24-21 | 12:31 PM
midcow3
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by Scottydog

"For buyers choosing between the two NX350s (turbo-four or hybrid), most will be better suited by the latter. On the road, the hybrid provides similar acceleration to the gas-only NX along with the requisite fuel economy gains."
0-60 used to be the standard measure of performance, but hybrids with electric instant torque motors sometimes skews the figure on take-off and passing especially in Sport mode.

The NX350t 0-60 is rated at 6.6 seconds and the NC350h is rated at 7.2 seconds which is only 0.6 seconds difference. More than likely, because on instant electric motor torque, the 0 - 30 mph time of the NX350h will be faster than the NX350t.

Most drivers would not notice a difference in performance except at the gas pump
Old 12-24-21 | 12:34 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

350H more to go wrong and more maintenance. Just my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong convince me.
Old 12-24-21 | 12:49 PM
rellim
Rookie

350H more to go wrong and more maintenance. Just my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong convince me.
Any proof of this? I will be purchasing my first hybrid and don't want any huge surprises.
Old 12-24-21 | 01:15 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rellim
Any proof of this? I will be purchasing my first hybrid and don't want any huge surprises.
I don't have proof. I'm just saying anything they add to a car the more to go wrong.
Old 12-24-21 | 01:50 PM
Scottydog
Driver

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
The 350h and the 350 are not the same performance. They have very different HP and 0-60 times and the h is a CVT vs an 8 speed auto.

Old 12-24-21 | 01:52 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

I'm also up in the air with the cvt vs 8 speed trans. From what I've heard cvt needs to be replaced if damaged, we're the 8 speed can be rebuilt. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 12-24-21 | 01:56 PM
midcow3
Racer

Cool Hybrid is the current way to go

I have owned 2010 Prius and a 2011 CT200h.
I currently own a 2020 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited ( very similar to ES300h).
I plan to buy a 2022 NX350h.

I have had zero(0) problems with any of the Lexus/Toyota hybrid systems.

I can embrace the idea of fully electric cars in the future. Currently, fully electric cars are not a good solution and will not be a solution until 5 years or more likely 10 years into the future.

The reasons why electric cars are not good now:
(1) Battery technology will need to be improved: (1) smaller size, (2) quicker recharge (3) longer range
(2) The charging infrastructure does not exist across the United States. You cannot comfortably take trips yet and the current recharge time is too long.
(3) Current EV vehicles make simple tasks too complicated. Not everything should go through a multi-step tablet-like screen. The HMI needs to be improved.

Having said all that a pure ICE will not survive as the gas prices continue to rise and rise. The best solution today is a hybrid. The plug-in Hybrids are a step in the right direction but the range is too short and the recharge time is too long.

Did I convince you?

YMMV,
Midcow3

P, S, - Even so, I still need to keep one high-performance 350 Hp manual shift vehicle.

Quick Reply: What model of NX do you plan on purchasing?