NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

What model of NX do you plan on purchasing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-21 | 11:25 AM
GS3Tek

Originally Posted by RXWes
A statement was made that Gas Prices are high. So, you need to get a Plug In. I made the statement that gas prices were also high two presidents ago. So don't base a 60K purchase on today's gas prices.

Although, you can base a 60K purchase on what your local electrical utility charges for electricity. If they are high now. They are not going to go lower in the future.

Another factory to consider is the 7.500 dollars Tax Credit. Toyota is almost at the 200.000 vehicle limit for the credit. So, if you get lucky and get a 450h+ this spring you might get the money. You get one this fall, and you will probably be out of luck.
Originally Posted by midcow3

Having said all that a pure ICE will not survive as the gas prices continue to rise and rise. The best solution today is a hybrid. The plug-in Hybrids are a step in the right direction but the range is too short and the recharge time is too long.
Originally Posted by dklanecky1
What makes you think that the price of gasoline will continue to "rise and rise"?

Normally, as demand for a commodity product falls, (like oil/gasoline) the price falls too.

There certainly is enough oil in the world that there's not going to be a shortage in our lifetimes, and likely not for generations beyond us either.
dklanecky1 and midcow3 and RXWes, please feel free to take this to pm if you want to discuss this amongst yourselves, thank you.

Last edited by GS3Tek; 12-29-21 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-29-21 | 11:27 AM
GS3Tek

I removed lots of posts regarding any politics and political topics-let's keep this NX (and car related for that matter, thank you).
The following 7 users liked this post by GS3Tek:
chumpchang (12-29-21), corinvest (12-29-21), DampDuffer (12-30-21), hintonwood (12-29-21), Lexus22563 (12-29-21), lsft (12-29-21), TechNut (12-30-21) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-29-21 | 12:25 PM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
I removed lots of posts regarding any politics and political topics-let's keep this NX (and car related for that matter, thank you).
I wasn’t trying to post anything political

I just said not to make a 60k purchase on the basis of todays gas prices. They change with every administration

Now, you can base your 60k plug in purchase on the cost of electricity at your home. Electricity prices never go down. Only up.
Old 12-29-21 | 03:10 PM
GS3Tek

Originally Posted by RXWes
I wasn’t trying to post anything political

I just said not to make a 60k purchase on the basis of todays gas prices. They change with every administration

Now, you can base your 60k plug in purchase on the cost of electricity at your home. Electricity prices never go down. Only up.
Gotcha
Old 12-30-21 | 09:35 AM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

What makes you think that the price of gasoline will continue to "rise and rise"?

Normally, as demand for a commodity product falls, (like oil/gasoline) the price falls too.

There certainly is enough oil in the world that there's not going to be a shortage in our lifetimes, and likely not for generations beyond us either.
I also feel compelled to say that there is absolutely nothing political in my post.

Simply facts that refute the unequivocal statement about gas prices continuing to rise and rise.
Old 12-30-21 | 05:39 PM
midcow3
Racer

Post EVs not ready for prime time. Economics 101 - high gas prices

I also feel compelled to say that there is absolutely nothing political in my post.

Simply facts that refute the unequivocal statement about gas prices continuing to rise and rise.
Economics 101 - Supply and Demand. Restrictions on supply cause the price to rise. IMHO the "effective" supply is being limited and therefore the prices will rise. As long as an economic resource is limited or restricted and there is more demand than available supply, I am not sure what simple facts refute basic economic principles? While electric vehicles may be a future solution it is not viable now as a replacement to ICE, therefore as I stated before high miles per gallon hybrid is the best solution.

EVs are too heavy, too noisy, and take too long to charge right now. And there is not a ubiquitous charging infrastructure in place to accommodate any moderate or longer trips. The plug-in EV is an attempt in The EV direction but it still needs a lot of work (e.g. Better batteries, that are lighter and charge faster and have a longer range.). The current heavy weight of EVs PHEVs cause braking, handling, and ride quality issues that need to be remedied.

YMMV, or your opinion may be different than mine and that is okay.

MidCow3

Last edited by midcow3; 12-30-21 at 06:07 PM. Reason: corrected PHEVs spelling
Old 12-31-21 | 07:30 AM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by midcow3
Economics 101 - Supply and Demand. Restrictions on supply cause the price to rise. IMHO the "effective" supply is being limited and therefore the prices will rise. As long as an economic resource is limited or restricted and there is more demand than available supply, I am not sure what simple facts refute basic economic principles? While electric vehicles may be a future solution it is not viable now as a replacement to ICE, therefore as I stated before high miles per gallon hybrid is the best solution.

EVs are too heavy, too noisy, and take too long to charge right now. And there is not a ubiquitous charging infrastructure in place to accommodate any moderate or longer trips. The plug-in EV is an attempt in The EV direction but it still needs a lot of work (e.g. Better batteries, that are lighter and charge faster and have a longer range.). The current heavy weight of EVs PHEVs cause braking, handling, and ride quality issues that need to be remedied.

YMMV, or your opinion may be different than mine and that is okay.MidCow3
Midcow3, we are in virtually complete agreement on everything you said, except the assumption that gas prices can only "rise and rise".

IMO, the demand for gas in gallons or barrels of oil, or however you want to measure demand (in the USA) will remain relatively consistent as alternative fuels (electric/hydrogen/propane/etc) slowly, but steadily replace vehicles currently in use in the market. This also replaces the fuel they would use of course. As an example, look at almost all commercial transportation vehicles, a lot of which are already powered by alternative fuels. These commercial vehicles use in relative measures, massive amounts of fuel because of their size. Add to this the incredible push by the manufacturers to build electric trucks, electric semi's, and you potentially have a large portion of the current gasoline demand moving to alternative fuels because the vehicle manufacturers are reading that the demand is there now,and it will only be increasing. If gas demand remains constant (or perhaps even starts to fall) over the next 5-20 years or so, and the supply is not artificially constrained (by politics or any other factors), then the pricing in the market remains relatively stable.

Given all of this, I just don't see why gasoline prices in the longer term, would continue to rise and rise, therefore no need for an all electric vehicle for most consumers.

My personal choice (as a consumer) would be a hybrid, as it currently gives me the most flexibility and MPG of anything currently offered, and requires almost nothing extra of me as an owner operator that is different than my current ICE.
Old 01-04-22 | 12:00 PM
rdgrimes
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus VIN direct lookup

I'm familiar with a Toyota VIN lookup that allows you to see the vehicle configuration and allocation, ie what is it and who has it.
Is there a similar way to lookup Lexus VINs?
Or perhaps a VIN decoder chart?
Old 01-04-22 | 12:40 PM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive.../vehicle-specs
The following 3 users liked this post by dklanecky1:
corinvest (01-04-22), JamesAbbe (01-06-22), rdgrimes (01-04-22)
Old 01-05-22 | 11:57 AM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

My associate at the dealership has stated the 450H+ has officially arrived at the dealership and will be ready for me to pick it up on Saturday.
The following 2 users liked this post by alvinklee:
JamesAbbe (01-06-22), Lexus22563 (01-05-22)
Old 01-06-22 | 05:50 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by alvinklee
My associate at the dealership has stated the 450H+ has officially arrived at the dealership and will be ready for me to pick it up on Saturday.
Looking forward to your review and feedback on the 450.
Old 01-06-22 | 01:47 PM
nyteowl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by powerlover
Got myself NX350T F Sport Luxury preordered in the last week of November. Called JM Lexus today and instead of expected December 22nd , they pushed delivery to January 2nd - January 7th
Did you get it yet? I took delivery of my F-Sport on Monday, my 3rd NX.
Old 01-06-22 | 04:11 PM
adb04
Driver

Would you mind sharing the dealership name? Is it in CA Bay area?
Old 01-06-22 | 06:00 PM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by adb04
Would you mind sharing the dealership name? Is it in CA Bay area?
Yep. Its in the bay area, the one in Daly City. Did yours arrive yet?
The following users liked this post:
JamesAbbe (01-06-22)
Old 01-06-22 | 06:11 PM
JamesAbbe
Driver School Candidate

Yep. Its in the bay area, the one in Daly City. Did yours arrive yet?
Please let us know if the dealer applies the $750 Clean Fuel Reward upon your purchase. I checked the website and not all Lexus dealers are in the list..

https://cleanfuelreward.com/find-you...ic-car-dealers

Quick Reply: What model of NX do you plan on purchasing?