NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Don't expect to buy an NX possibly before February 2022

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-21, 08:19 AM
rellim
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NJRonbo
I am the original author of this thread.

I am here with an update...

Went to see my local Lexus dealership here in NJ for the very first time. I wanted to meet with my sales rep in person and discuss my vehicle options for the 2022 NX.

The situation regarding these vehicles are not very good.

First, the dealership doesn't even have a vehicle to show. They keep getting promised vehicles, but with every passing week, they fail to arrive.

There are vehicles being produced, but they are not custom built and basically they get taken as quickly as they are appearing in inventory.

I can't speak for the 450h as there seems to be a waiting list for those. I was #3 on the list at the dealership but that vehicle doesn't have all the options of the 350h so I stepped down.

You can get a 350h but basically with only the options that are being put into them.

Apparently, the industry is realizing the demand is so high, that they know customers will take whatever is being offered and as thus, you may get a luxury package but not with everything you want.

Which brings me to custom ordering...

Want to custom order your vehicle and put all the goodies into it? Good luck. Dealerships are not even taking custom orders and I was told it could be up to a year before custom-ordered vehicles are available. I will stress, however, that was a worst-case scenario.

Another problem is that the Lexus online configurator is completely different than the dealer build configurator and that is causing problems when wanting certain options. For instance, (and I hope I am right about this) the luxury build should have the 14" screen. However, the Lexus dealership configurator shows a luxury package as a 9-inch screen. The dealer told me that when custom-building these vehicles they have to do a completely different workaround to add those options due to the difference in configurators.

Anyhow, bottom line is that there are vehicles out there prebuilt you can get. However, custom-built vehicles are an issue. My dealer is going to continue to submit mine in hopes that at some point, the system will accept it. However, there is a lot of skepticism that I can get one in the next four months as my Lincoln lease ends.

I have included my custom build below...
Your post is pretty spot on especially the bolded items. My salesman told me the same thing when I reserved my 350h. The good thing is that he is confident that I will get the vehicle between Jan 2 -7, 2022
Old 12-22-21, 08:33 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rellim
Your post is pretty spot on especially the bolded items. My salesman told me the same thing when I reserved my 350h. The good thing is that he is confident that I will get the vehicle between Jan 2 -7, 2022

That's great news! Congrats! I take it you are getting whatever is available and not a custom-built?
Old 12-22-21, 09:13 AM
rellim
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's great news! Congrats! I take it you are getting whatever is available and not a custom-built?
Yes, you are correct. It's almost fully loaded and I'm not happy about it but I need another vehicle soon.
Old 12-22-21, 12:41 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Just received a text from my dealer letting me know they now have a 2022 NX350 with 9.8-inch screen and 10-speaker system for MSRP $45,255 + $695 Dealer Accessories

Basic MSRP is actually $41,550, but it has the following:
Rain Sensing Wipers $125
Cold Area Package $250
Premium Paint (Cadmium Orange) $595
Power Back Door $400
Power Moon Roof $1,100
Towing Package $160

The dealer knows I do not want this car, but wanted to let me know they are slowly beginning to arrive...

Old 12-22-21, 03:26 PM
Enfusion
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sadly, after so many months of researching for the 2022 NX, we are switching to a different brand due to how dire the 2022 NX situation is in NJ, especially for anything in a "Luxury" trim.
Most dealerships have no "Luxury" trims allocated yet, and those that do are marking up their fully-loaded NX 350 prices by up to +$5k.
Just didn't seem practical anymore without settling for a lower trim, especially since we need a car right now. Might just have to abandon the 2022 NX and settle for a future year's new model of the RX when lease is up in 3 years.
Wish you guys the best. Hope things iron out in a few months time. For those who cannot wait, best to keep all other options open.

Last edited by Enfusion; 12-22-21 at 03:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mandm904 (12-23-21)
Old 12-22-21, 03:33 PM
NJRonbo
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Enfusion
Sadly, after so many months of researching for the 2022 NX, we are switching to a different brand due to how dire the 2022 NX situation is in NJ, especially for anything in a "Luxury" trim.
Most dealerships have no "Luxury" trims allocated yet, and those that do are marking up their fully-loaded NX 350 prices by up to +$5k.
Just didn't seem practical anymore without settling for a lower trim, especially since we need a car right now. Might just have to abandon the 2022 NX and settle for a future year's new model of the RX when lease is up in 3 years.
Wish you guys the best. Hope things iron out in a few months time. For those who cannot wait, best to keep all other options open.

I think it's a ver sad state of affairs. After visiting my dealer in NJ I walked out of there thinking I would not end up with an NX and might have to get a Genesis GV70 as they are more widely available in trims that don't have to be custom built.
Old 12-22-21, 05:33 PM
VomieroEmu
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I am the original author of this thread.

I am here with an update...

Went to see my local Lexus dealership here in NJ for the very first time. I wanted to meet with my sales rep in person and discuss my vehicle options for the 2022 NX.

The situation regarding these vehicles are not very good.

First, the dealership doesn't even have a vehicle to show. They keep getting promised vehicles, but with every passing week, they fail to arrive.

There are vehicles being produced, but they are not custom built and basically they get taken as quickly as they are appearing in inventory.

I can't speak for the 450h as there seems to be a waiting list for those. I was #3 on the list at the dealership but that vehicle doesn't have all the options of the 350h so I stepped down.

You can get a 350h but basically with only the options that are being put into them.

Apparently, the industry is realizing the demand is so high, that they know customers will take whatever is being offered and as thus, you may get a luxury package but not with everything you want.

Which brings me to custom ordering...

Want to custom order your vehicle and put all the goodies into it? Good luck. Dealerships are not even taking custom orders and I was told it could be up to a year before custom-ordered vehicles are available. I will stress, however, that was a worst-case scenario.

Another problem is that the Lexus online configurator is completely different than the dealer build configurator and that is causing problems when wanting certain options. For instance, (and I hope I am right about this) the luxury build should have the 14" screen. However, the Lexus dealership configurator shows a luxury package as a 9-inch screen. The dealer told me that when custom-building these vehicles they have to do a completely different workaround to add those options due to the difference in configurators.

Anyhow, bottom line is that there are vehicles out there prebuilt you can get. However, custom-built vehicles are an issue. My dealer is going to continue to submit mine in hopes that at some point, the system will accept it. However, there is a lot of skepticism that I can get one in the next four months as my Lincoln lease ends.

I have included my custom build below...
Your experience about literally everything that you mentioned is completely different than mine.

I put in a build that was submitted to Lexus before they took my deposit on December 2nd.

The configuration paperwork they gave me did not have a luxury with 9” display. There were some oddities and what not but not anything like that.
Old 12-22-21, 06:05 PM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Enfusion
Sadly, after so many months of researching for the 2022 NX, we are switching to a different brand due to how dire the 2022 NX situation is.
This is a car that has not had the first delivery ever. Let alone have plenty of them to choose from. Eventually they will have more of them. And different trim levels available. If you have to have a car today. Plenty of Luxury 2021 models still available.

My dealership has a Atomic / black interior 2021 Fully loaded NX F-Sport sitting in on the lot for at least a month. I’m waiting for Christmas to remember to offer them 10k off the 47K MSRP for it.

Drive it till I can get a 2023 NX450h. By then hopefully all of the 1st year problems will be identified and fixed. And all the Subscription services bugs have been worked out and are fully online.

mandm904 (12-23-21)
Old 06-09-22, 10:25 PM
436IS500
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ll be completely shocked if Lexus stops production of these completely. Just a one year production run if this rumor turns out to be true would be quite strange. Lexus had to have known their was pent up demand since they stopped production of the IS F 10 years ago, and if they offered the V8 again in the IS, there would be strong demand again. Strange there is no forewarning on the Lexus IS500 sales page that this car could be delayed for a year. In the end Im grateful I was able to get one.
Old 06-10-22, 07:35 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by 436IS500
I’ll be completely shocked if Lexus stops production of these completely. Just a one year production run if this rumor turns out to be true would be quite strange. Lexus had to have known their was pent up demand since they stopped production of the IS F 10 years ago, and if they offered the V8 again in the IS, there would be strong demand again. Strange there is no forewarning on the Lexus IS500 sales page that this car could be delayed for a year. In the end Im grateful I was able to get one.
where did you read they stopped production of the NX?
Old 06-10-22, 08:32 AM
gman2727
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
where did you read they stopped production of the NX?
2nd that, can you post a link to the article and or share some more new as this could be a concern if validated?
Old 06-10-22, 08:43 AM
wattyb2
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 436IS500
Why would there be a warning on the IS500 sales page about the production of the 2nd gen NX?

Are you sure you posted in the correct forum?
Old 06-10-22, 09:31 AM
LexusQ
Pit Crew

Received 76 Likes on 34 Posts

No, I think if you re-read my message I didn't indicate that anywhere.

I could care less who takes deposits and who doesn't. I already have my name on two dealer lists and I didn't have to leave any deposit. They know I am interested in the vehicle, they have been both been giving me updates, and as soon as they know what inventory they are going to receive, they are going to call me in and have me build it.

I think the required deposit is a dealership decision at this stage. Some will require you to come in and leave a deposit. Others, such as in my area, don't want customers ordering vehicles and leaving deposits until they know what inventory they will have on hand. They will, however, gladly put your name on a list.

I am simply giving everyone a "heads up" on the latest information I received. There was a company meeting this past weekend and dealers were told not to expect the 2022 NX until February. However, there was a bit of hope given by the salesman I talked with in that production could ramp up sooner than that.
NX Cambridge Production OT begins June 23. Lots of extra OT to increase production. Parts shortages haven’t impacted NX production much. However the demand is likely what’s causing the ordering issues. Too many being sold for current production capacity. Anyone who has ordered should still expect delivery around the timeframe they were given. Perhaps it might have been pushed back a month or so from the recent slowdown.
Utopiag (06-10-22)
Old 06-10-22, 09:35 AM
LexusQ
Pit Crew

Received 76 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by gman2727
2nd that, can you post a link to the article and or share some more new as this could be a concern if validated?
I can verify production has only increased. Perhaps orders are no longer being taken as there are already too many in the production pipeline.
The Cambridge NX plant is full OT and Saturday production beginning June 23, 2022
Utopiag (06-10-22)
Old 06-10-22, 11:48 AM
nitrolada
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusQ
NX Cambridge Production OT begins June 23. Lots of extra OT to increase production. Parts shortages haven’t impacted NX production much. However the demand is likely what’s causing the ordering issues. Too many being sold for current production capacity. Anyone who has ordered should still expect delivery around the timeframe they were given. Perhaps it might have been pushed back a month or so from the recent slowdown.
Has the proportion of gas vs hybrid changed at the plant and/or what's your estimate of the proportion now?
anniedrea (06-11-22)

Quick Reply: Don't expect to buy an NX possibly before February 2022