NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Technology ranking for all manufacturers

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-21, 04:19 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,141 Likes on 739 Posts
Default Technology ranking for all manufacturers

I read many comments on how Lexus technology is so far below the rest of the industry on this forum. Top technology is way down the list for me. I want a nice looking, quiet, reliable vehicle that is inexpensive to maintain. I have always thought although could be better for me it was fine. J D Power just came out with their ranking on technology an Lexus is above industry standard and 13th out of 32.

Old 12-05-21, 09:50 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 593 Likes on 395 Posts
Talking Lexus is great , but not necessarily inexpensive to maintain

Lexus is a great car and I really like them. Compared to BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, and other exotics it is fairly inexpensive to maintain. However, you pay for the nice Lexus lounge, car washes, the loaner cars, etc. Toyota is the answer if you really want inexpensive to maintain and the same Lexus quality. Ford, for its performance alternatives, is very inexpensive to maintain.

As far as technology, maybe Lexus will move up after they dispensed with that God-awful touchpad and upgrade the speed of their infotainment systems.

To each his own, I am playing the waiting game, for my 2022 NX 350h to arrive.

YMMV,
MidCow3

P.S. - You do realize that a lot of the J.D. Power ratings are based on how much the particular automotive companies pay J.D. Powers. A lot of J.D. Powers is bragging rights for advertising and is not always representative of actual data.

Last edited by midcow3; 12-05-21 at 10:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DaveDude (12-05-21)
Old 12-05-21, 04:37 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,141 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by midcow3
Lexus is a great car and I really like them. Compared to BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, and other exotics it is fairly inexpensive to maintain. However, you pay for the nice Lexus lounge, car washes, the loaner cars, etc. Toyota is the answer if you really want inexpensive to maintain and the same Lexus quality. Ford, for its performance alternatives, is very inexpensive to maintain.

As far as technology, maybe Lexus will move up after they dispensed with that God-awful touchpad and upgrade the speed of their infotainment systems.

To each his own, I am playing the waiting game, for my 2022 NX 350h to arrive.

YMMV,
MidCow3

P.S. - You do realize that a lot of the J.D. Power ratings are based on how much the particular automotive companies pay J.D. Powers. A lot of J.D. Powers is bragging rights for advertising and is not always representative of actual data.
J D Power surveys auto owners and reports the owners feedback. Could not be more unbias.
Old 12-05-21, 05:54 PM
DaveDude
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
J D Power surveys auto owners and reports the owners feedback. Could not be more unbias.
You need to add individual car manufacturers request and pay JD Powers to design awards they will win to use in their advertisements. So survey questions are worded to elicit a particular result.

I prefer Consumer Reports that receives no money from manufacturers. It surveys up to 750K readers not a few hundred like JD Powers to support its annual automobile findings. I have been filling out their surveys for years.