NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Pre orders

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-21, 02:19 PM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 91 Posts

Local dealer in Wisconsin called yesterday to confirm our interest in a 2022 NX, and then followed up with an e-mail today asking for specific information on what we want, model, options, colors, (no prices however) and wanted to know if we wanted to be on "the list" to be notified when 2022's are shipping and start to arrive in store.

Interesting how little information they are willing to share at this point.

The only source of info provided was the Pre-Order guide that has been out for a few months now.

This is an Ed Napleton Auto Group dealer, for what it's worth.
Old 10-20-21, 02:21 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Any info at this point is helpful. Thanks
Old 10-21-21, 12:57 PM
JamesAbbe
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Placed a fully refundable $1,000 deposit in late June. A Lexus dealer in Bay Area, with probably one of the biggest volumes. It was to get a spot in line. Sales person asked me what exterior/interior color I’m looking for but I just gave him a list of colors I might consider. Likely, I will get a call when 450h+ are available on their lot and will have to pick the one I want. This will be based on the time the deposit was placed. Probably need to wait if there is nothing I like from what they have. Last update was to wait till December.
Old 10-22-21, 01:53 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

No deposit needed for me. Dealer sent me an email stating I am #4 on the list (out of 28) for the NX Plug-In Hybrid.
Old 10-27-21, 09:33 AM
partytimes
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I put down a deposit in mid August for a preorder. All had been quiet until today, my sales guy texted today with showroom pictures of the vehicle at the dealership. Hopefully this signifies that they will be coming out soon.

Edit: it seems that is a preproduction vehicle

Last edited by partytimes; 10-27-21 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-27-21, 01:07 PM
JamesAbbe
Driver School Candidate

Wow nice, do you know which trim they have, I assume you are in TX? 300 AWD, hybrid, plugin?

Edit: Saw the edit it is pre-production.
Old 10-27-21, 01:14 PM
JamesAbbe
Driver School Candidate

OK, got email from my dealer (not a direct email, just a promotion one). Note: *At Lexus Stevens Creek, you won't pay over MSRP for your new NX!*

Old 10-27-21, 08:12 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Dealer called me today and now put me on a list. She said maybe January, probably February. She also asked me what I was looking for and when I said luxury option, she said good luck, she didn't think they will be available right away. To many chips maybe.

Last edited by Geopoz; 10-27-21 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-27-21, 10:07 PM
JamesAbbe
Driver School Candidate

BTW: I was told by my sales rep that they will probably get some cars during December, but no PHEV till next year. Probably in line with previous comments.
Old 10-27-21, 10:19 PM
Leon360x
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Called the dealer I used to shop at, they won't take deposit, no pre-orders, cause they're not sure when they can get the car, maybe some day the car would pop out somewhere, according to the sales, so who knows. The dealer is at SoCal, one of the biggest Lexus dealer.
Old 10-28-21, 06:23 AM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

Longo in El Monte is where I purchased my Lexus ISF. Great place. Reminds me of JM Lexus here in Florida

If you look at the forums for people buying a RAV4 Prime out of state. Longo seems to get quite a few of them. And sells out of state. Unlike a lot of dealerships that won’t.

Last edited by RXWes; 10-28-21 at 08:13 AM.
The following users liked this post:
chilipalm (10-28-21)
Old 11-13-21, 03:35 PM
2merc3lex
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm in Florida and the closest Lexus dealer is Lexus of Mobile Alabama, 60 miles. I have purchased total of four lexus cars/suvs from this dealer. On Sep 19th I placed a deposit of $l000 so that when they are able to build and order my NX I would be second in line at this dealer. Received a text from my salesman yesterday wanting me to itemize all I wanted on my car and sign a contract that was coming by email. However, when I read the contract it stated that the deposit is absolutely non-refundable. I texted the salesman and expressed my concerns over this and was told (when asked), that even in a hypothetical case of my death before delivery of NX that the deposit would not be refunded. Needless to say I asked return of my deposit and that I would look elsewhere. Since then two other dealers that I called, and will more than likely buy from one in Montgomery AL, have told me that a deposit with them would be returned in most situations. So, I guess I'm saying, read the contract carefully.
Old 11-17-21, 03:22 PM
2merc3lex
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Just got a phone call from Jackson MS dealer that they have just received build sheets for the NX. I was a little disappointed when he told me that the wireless phone charger and the triple beam headlights would not be available on the 350 without the F sport option just now. I am assuming that all U.S. dealers received build sheets today also.
Old 11-17-21, 08:33 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Just noticed my dealer in lehigh valley PA. today updated there web site. Only offering the 250, 350, and the 350 F sport. Not a problem for me, I'm looking at the 350. They have not called me yet.
Old 11-18-21, 10:24 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by 2merc3lex
I was a little disappointed when he told me that the wireless phone charger and the triple beam headlights would not be available on the 350 without the F sport option just now.
That's disappointing, if true. I'll probably have to delay my purchase if that's the case....not because I can't live without a wireless phone charger (none of our current vehicles have one), but because I know I'll resent the fact that I don't have one, when one should be there.

The headlights, on the other hand...eh, who cares? They look kinda cool, I suppose, but I haven't heard that they light things up more than the regular ones. Which makes me wonder...what are the base headlights? I don't think I've ever seen a description of the non-triple-beam lights.

Quick Reply: Pre orders