NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Pre orders

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-21, 08:49 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 721 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by Dorsai
The headlights, on the other hand...eh, who cares? They look kinda cool, I suppose, but I haven't heard that they light things up more than the regular ones. Which makes me wonder...what are the base headlights? I don't think I've ever seen a description of the non-triple-beam lights.
I can’t compare headlights on the new model of course, but the triple beam lights on my 2016 were significantly better than the HIDs on my 2013 RX or the “standard” LEDs on my 2021 RX. They were very nice, and illuminated the edges much better than the standard options. I received compliments from others riding with me in the NX at night so this wasn’t just my personal bias.
Old 11-19-21, 09:20 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by TechNut
I can’t compare headlights on the new model of course, but the triple beam lights on my 2016 were significantly better than the HIDs on my 2013 RX or the “standard” LEDs on my 2021 RX. They were very nice, and illuminated the edges much better than the standard options. I received compliments from others riding with me in the NX at night so this wasn’t just my personal bias.
Coincidentally, after I wrote the above I came across this brochure, which says that the standard headlights are 'bi-LED'. So you're probably correct in that the triple beams would be a noticeable improvement over base. In my case, though, that's not a must-have feature because all my current vehicles have halogen headlamps, and even the base lights on the NX would likely be a huge step up...enough so that I probably wouldn't resent the lack of that third LED module. The wireless phone charger, on the other hand, I would miss every time I got into the car.

Tesla is apparently having the same problem with wireless chargers and USB-C ports. Now if Lexus would commit to retrofitting vehicles with the wireless charger as soon as it became available, like Tesla is doing, I could be happy buying today.
Old 11-20-21, 12:22 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

I just talked to the sales department today. I'm being told that they are receiving 3 2022 NX cars in the middle of December. The first week of December they will have the complete build sheets for this area. They don't know what they are receiving but should know when they get there build sheets. They still won't let me order until spring because they said it could take 6 to 8 month to get the car. I'll see how this plays out.
Old 11-20-21, 03:10 PM
DaveDude
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Geopoz
I just talked to the sales department today. I'm being told that they are receiving 3 2022 NX cars in the middle of December. The first week of December they will have the complete build sheets for this area. They don't know what they are receiving but should know when they get there build sheets. They still won't let me order until spring because they said it could take 6 to 8 month to get the car. I'll see how this plays out.
I placed an order for a 350h NX on October 13th off the Canadian build sheets. Salesman said I was in the first allocation expected for delivery in late December. Not holding my breath.

Even though 2022 NX's will be built less then 60 Miles from me here in Canada it was indicated the first batch are coming from Japan. I am guessing I will eventually be getting a Canadian built NX when the factory ramps up in early 2022.
Old 11-20-21, 07:44 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 607 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveDude
I placed an order for a 350h NX on October 13th off the Canadian build sheets. Salesman said I was in the first allocation expected for delivery in late December. Not holding my breath.

Even though 2022 NX's will be built less then 60 Miles from me here in Canada it was indicated the first batch are coming from Japan. I am guessing I will eventually be getting a Canadian built NX when the factory ramps up in early 2022.
I'm also in Canada and I put my order to the dealer in mid August when they released the vehicle ordering guide to the dealer. I'm told that it will arrive around mid December. Don't know if there will be further delay, but if it's for December it should be on the boat to Canada.
Old 11-21-21, 08:19 AM
DaveDude
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by lsft
I'm also in Canada and I put my order to the dealer in mid August when they released the vehicle ordering guide to the dealer. I'm told that it will arrive around mid December. Don't know if there will be further delay, but if it's for December it should be on the boat to Canada.
Likely it was scheduled to come through the Vancouver port and then east by rail. With the ports backed up and rail lines flooded out in BC the month of December may be optimistic.
Old 11-21-21, 08:34 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 607 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveDude
Likely it was scheduled to come through the Vancouver port and then east by rail. With the ports backed up and rail lines flooded out in BC the month of December may be optimistic.
I agree that there could be a delay due to the rail lines flooded and the broken bridges. Unless they plan to drive them past the impacted area and then put them on the train. Even that, there will be delays.
Old 11-26-21, 08:49 AM
partytimes
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just got an email from my dealer for a 350 Fsport that is on the way. So it seems they should be here soon as the vehicle has a VIN# and everything. I live in Texas.

***Update***
I am now allocated an:
-Atomic Silver 350 FSport with luxury
-Mark Levison
-360 camera
-Panoramic roof

It is due to arrive around Christmas week.

Last edited by partytimes; 11-26-21 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-30-21, 01:23 PM
NJRonbo
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I had a 450h on reserve, third in line for it and sadly I had to cancel it this week.

Since the 450h does not have the 17-speaker Mark Levinson (and I believe a few other amenities) I decided to step down to the 350h luxury, loaded.

Dealers in NJ (in my immediate county) still are not taking preorders until they actually get inventory into their systems.

However, my dealer is looking into seeing if I can submit my custom-built vehicle which may take weeks/months to arrive. I have until April when my current Lincoln lease is up.
The following users liked this post:
mandm904 (12-04-21)
Old 11-30-21, 02:05 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NJRonbo
I had a 450h on reserve, third in line for it and sadly I had to cancel it this week.

Since the 450h does not have the 17-speaker Mark Levinson (and I believe a few other amenities) I decided to step down to the 350h luxury, loaded.

Dealers in NJ (in my immediate county) still are not taking preorders until they actually get inventory into their systems.

However, my dealer is looking into seeing if I can submit my custom-built vehicle which may take weeks/months to arrive. I have until April when my current Lincoln lease is up.
Good luck Ron, my dealer won't take my order until spring, they said if they take it now it would be 6 to 8 months. What do they know...
Old 11-30-21, 02:06 PM
NJRonbo
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Geopoz
Good luck Ron, my dealer won't take my order until spring, they said if they take it now it would be 6 to 8 months. What do they know...
That's a scary proposition. 6-8 months to get the vehicle you want. Yet, under this crisis climate I am not surprised.
Old 11-30-21, 02:25 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Reason being is they won't take orders until all dealers have inventory, and that hard right now
Old 12-02-21, 06:11 AM
2merc3lex
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Anyone else run across this? Got with dealer a while back and told him that I wanted the 350 turbo, non F sport, with triple beam headlights, among several other things. Yesterday he called to say that the triple beams will not come on the NX 350t other than the F sport, don't know about hybrid models which I am not interested in. Seems to me when you buy the Luxury pkg, triple beams should be available no matter and on Lexus.com it can be configured with those headlights. Guess I will have to confer with other dealers.
Old 12-02-21, 08:53 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 604 Likes on 400 Posts
Smile Pre-Order - 1rst on list

So I put down a fully refundable deposit. Actually, they didn't really even charge my credit card.

I am first on the list for first right of refusal to get a redline 2022 NX 350h with Luxury Package and Mark Levinson, plus other features as-built, While the 2020 NX 450h sounds nice: 0 to 60 in 6.0 seconds, there is no Mark Levinson available and the 37 miles all-electric and 84 MPGe is a little misleading, because if you dig and dig you find the 2020 NX 450h mileage rating is only 30 city and 28 highway which is quite a drop from the 2022 NX 350h of 41 city and 37 highway.

Old 12-02-21, 10:31 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

The NX 450h is not sounding like such a great deal with missing key features.

Last edited by Xanadu350; 12-02-21 at 12:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Pre orders