NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Pre orders

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-21, 07:45 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I think everyone in this thread has been extremely polite.

And I am sure I'm driving home the same point I have made before, but the Lexus configurator is probably the worst I have seen on any site.

For the past few months I have been looking at Lincoln, Mercedes, BMW and Audi. While you could get lost in all the add-ons within a Mercedes configuration, I just find the Lexus one to be extremely frustrating unless you know from the start every single option available in the luxury (which has the same basics as the premium) package. The Lexus configurator should stop you from adding extras already in the packages you selected. But, that's just how I feel.
The following users liked this post:
dklanecky1 (12-04-21)
Old 12-04-21, 12:13 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

I received an email today from rt.10 lexus in whippany N.J. They just received some 2022 Nx's and are expecting more later this month and January. They told me that Lexus is not taking any special orders at this time. They are coming in if your not worried about certain options.
Old 12-05-21, 10:57 AM
TheRas900
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Geopoz
I received an email today from rt.10 lexus in whippany N.J. They just received some 2022 Nx's and are expecting more later this month and January. They told me that Lexus is not taking any special orders at this time. They are coming in if your not worried about certain options.
Great dealer in case someone is interested in going there.
Old 12-05-21, 11:15 AM
deadduck
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Checked with the local Lexus dealer. One 450+, already sold, incoming mid January.

Every option on it checked, making it a $61.5k vehicle. Bet they lard these up like crazy this year.
Old 12-05-21, 02:42 PM
NJRonbo
Driver

I hope at this point I can get a custom built vehicle by April. It's 5 months away, but with this chip shortage situation, I am not confident that I will be able to get one.
Old 12-05-21, 02:49 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NJRonbo
I hope at this point I can get a custom built vehicle by April. It's 5 months away, but with this chip shortage situation, I am not confident that I will be able to get one.
Ron, my dealer told me I can't order until spring. Lexus won't take special orders yet. How long it will take to come in is anyone's guess. I think it will take several months before a special order is fulfilled.
Old 12-05-21, 02:51 PM
NJRonbo
Driver

Ron, my dealer told me I can't order until spring. Lexus won't take special orders yet. How long it will take to come in is anyone's guess. I think it will take several months before a special order is fulfilled.

That's a shame. Looks like I'll be grabbing a Genesis instead, then. Thanks Geo.
Old 12-05-21, 03:32 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

That's a shame. Looks like I'll be grabbing a Genesis instead, then. Thanks Geo.
Ron, call your dealer and ask. I was on a wait list in NJ and PA. The dealer in NJ is about an hour away so PA. Will be my go to. All areas are different so don't give up. After we both get our Nx's we can meet up and have a cocktail.
Old 12-05-21, 03:35 PM
NJRonbo
Driver

Ron, call your dealer and ask. I was on a wait list in NJ and PA. The dealer in NJ is about an hour away so PA. Will be my go to. All areas are different so don't give up. After we both get our Nx's we can meet up and have a cocktail.
Hey Geo!

Talked to my dealer two days ago. Said they are not taking custom orders yet.

Would love to meet you for a dual-vehicle cocktail. I hope that happens.
Old 12-05-21, 03:44 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Hey Geo!

Talked to my dealer two days ago. Said they are not taking custom orders yet.

Would love to meet you for a dual-vehicle cocktail. I hope that happens.
Sounds good. We go down to LBI several time a year.
Old 12-11-21, 11:59 PM
widgetww
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. New to forum and soon to be (hopefully) first time Lexus owner. Last week I was notified by my norcal dealer that he had 8 NX450h+ being built and 5 were already presold. From the remaining three I put a $1k deposit for a fully loaded FSport. Thankfully they were only marking up the car $1k over MSRP. RAV Primes here are marked up around $10k over so I jumped at the offer. Dealer told me they expect the cars to come in later this month or January. The remaining two presold just a couple hours after
Old 12-29-21, 04:00 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Went to my local Lexus dealer today since I was going to be in the area. Unfortunately they had no NX to look at. Out of 18 allocated they only have one left that has not been bought. They are still in transit. They can't order for me yet and can't even order for themselves, everything is being allocated. They have no luxury models, but said they can get them from other dealers, but slim Pickens. They only charge msrp for buyers in the area plus $300 documentation fee which might be negotiable.
Old 02-20-22, 06:22 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Spring is just around the corner and begins soon in March and April 2022. Lexus will begin taking special orders sometime in March or April.
Old 02-21-22, 09:56 PM
glamglam
Instructor

If your dealer told you that they cannot special order until spring, then he knows that special orders will start in spring. There's no way that special ordering will delay any further than springtime. Spring is only 28 days away from now and it starts on March 20, 2022 and Spring ends on June 21, 2022. Lexus will start taking special orders and submitting special orders to Lexus somewhere between March 20 and April 30th. Right now, Lexus is fulfilling dealer allocations until mid-March to the end of March. They will reopen special ordering again either in mid March or at the end of March to the beginning of April. Then all special orders will start to be fulfilled at that time and special order deliveries will occur in June. That's what's going to happen. I've been speaking to upper management at Lexus and that's what they're going to do. This is excellent news.
Old 02-24-22, 08:22 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Only 4 days left until February ends and only 5 days left until March 1st. Spring is coming quickly and Lexus will start special ordering very soon.
The following users liked this post:
Lexus22563 (02-25-22)

Quick Reply: Pre orders