NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Pre orders

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-22, 08:27 AM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by glamglam
Only 4 days left until February ends and only 5 days left until March 1st. Spring is coming quickly and Lexus will start special ordering very soon.
Seriously, who are you trying to convince?
Old 02-24-22, 08:35 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by dklanecky1
Seriously, who are you trying to convince?
I’m only giving you the inside information that I have that came directly from Lexus manufacturing. Special orders are going to open up soon in the springtime.
Old 02-25-22, 06:16 AM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Glamglam. I spoke with my dealer here in the north east and he said they are not aware that special ordering is coming in the spring. All they are getting is allocations. I am getting. 350h premium that is suppose to arrive last week in march or first week in April. It does not include the heads up display which includes the better driver display which I wanted. But includes the 14 inch screen. I asked if this special ordering became available before I get delivery if I could place a special order but my salesperson said he had not heard of it yet and discouraged it

Last edited by Lexus22563; 02-25-22 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-28-22, 04:59 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lexus22563
Glamglam. I spoke with my dealer here in the north east and he said they are not aware that special ordering is coming in the spring. All they are getting is allocations. I am getting. 350h premium that is suppose to arrive last week in march or first week in April. It does not include the heads up display which includes the better driver display which I wanted. But includes the 14 inch screen. I asked if this special ordering became available before I get delivery if I could place a special order but my salesperson said he had not heard of it yet and discouraged it
I’m not 100% sure about this, but I think that your dealer can make some changes to his allocation when the time comes to put through his allocation. I think that your dealer can tell Lexus what exterior and interior color combination that he wants to get that you want as well as all the options that you want for your NX. I’ve been hearing that the dealer can make changes for these things when it’s time to get their allocation for each vehicle that Lexus will allocate to them. Can other members in here confirm this for me.
Old 02-28-22, 04:59 PM
2merc3lex
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, the dealer I am buying from in Montgomery AL is doing just what you stated for the 350t that I have deposited $1000 on.
Old 02-28-22, 05:57 PM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Glam glam, I wanted to get the heads up display included with my 350h premium and my sales person new that. But when my allocation came through, they got me my Color and interior, but no heads up display with the digital dash that goes with it.

this was when I asked if I could custom order and they said no. But I did not realize they had some choice
Old 02-28-22, 07:48 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lexus22563
Glam glam, I wanted to get the heads up display included with my 350h premium and my sales person new that. But when my allocation came through, they got me my Color and interior, but no heads up display with the digital dash that goes with it.

this was when I asked if I could custom order and they said no. But I did not realize they had some choice
I believe that the Heads Up Display (HUD) comes as "standard" equipment only with the Ultra Luxury model. You need to add it for an extra $500 on the 350h Premium model. That's probably why Lexus didn't add it on your 350h Premium model.

The list of things that I added on my Ultra Luxury model that I want is the Color-Key Rear Spoiler, the Panoramic Glass Roof, The Triple-Beam LED Headlamps, the Vertical Color Matched Door Edge Guards, the Smart Access Card, the key Gloves for the remote key FOB, the Alloy Wheel Locks, the Cargo Net for the trunk, the Carpet Trunk Mat and the All Weather Floor Liners. I'm hoping that mine will come from the factory with everything that I requested.

I think that all the Ultra Luxury models all come with the options that I listed that I want my car to have on it. I haven't seen any Ultra Luxury models without the rear spoiler or without the Panoramic Glass Sunroof. But I've seen them "without" the Triple-Beam LED Headlamps though. Maybe its because many people do not want to spend the extra $1,250 for the Triple-Beam LED Headlamps. Maybe that's why I haven't seen many Ultra Luxury cars with them on the car. I don't know. But I want the Triple-beam LED Headlamps because I want to see better when driving at night.

I think that all Ultra Luxury models come with the Color-Key Rear Spoiler, the Panoramic Glass Roof, the Vertical Color Matched Door Edge Guards, the Smart Access Card, the key Gloves for the remote key FOB and the Alloy Wheel Locks. I've seen most of the ES350 Premium models with all these options for the exception of the Panoramic Glass Sunroof. I want the Ultra Luxury model because I have a bad back and I want the better more cushiony seats that the Ultra Luxury comes with as "standard' equipment. I also like the Panoramic Glass Sunroof on the Ultra Luxury. Every Ultra Luxury that I've seen has the Panoramic Glass Sunroof even though its a $500 option.

I'm waiting for my dealer to put in the allocation for my Ultra Luxury when the time comes for him to get an allocation from Lexus for an Ultra Luxury model. I just hope that I get the color combination that I want (Matador Mica Red with Palomino interior) together with everything else that I requested for options. I don't want any other color combination other than the Red exterior with the Palomino interior. The good thing about the Ultra Luxury is that it comes fully loaded from the factory with most of the options that the Premium model and that the Luxury model do not come with. I do not know how hard that it will be for my dealer to get Lexus to change or to update their Ultra Luxury model allocation to the exact exterior and interior color combination and to the exact options that I want. Others in here have said that a dealer can make changes to the color combination and to the options when the time comes when they get their allocation from Lexus. I hope that this is the case because I want my Ultra Luxury to have the exact color combination and options that I want.

Last edited by glamglam; 02-28-22 at 07:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Lexus22563 (03-01-22)