NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Pre orders

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-21, 02:25 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Pre orders

My local dealer won't take orders or deposits. Also won't put names on a list. How about anyone else. Saw the first commercial last night while watching TV. My interest is with the NX 350 with the luxury package.
Old 10-13-21, 02:35 PM
HeMan26
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a deposit down on September 10th for a NX350h White and Black trim with luxury package. At the time I was told that when they have the car with my requested options, I would be the first to buy it at MSRP (First time making a deal at MSRP ). I called the sales person last week and he said that on September 24th they placed my order (not sure what this means...). He didn't give me a delivery date.

Also, I live in the suburbs of Chicago and placed my down payment at Woodfield Lexus.
Old 10-13-21, 02:49 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HeMan26
I put a deposit down on September 10th for a NX350h White and Black trim with luxury package. At the time I was told that when they have the car with my requested options, I would be the first to buy it at MSRP (First time making a deal at MSRP ). I called the sales person last week and he said that on September 24th they placed my order (not sure what this means...). He didn't give me a delivery date.

Also, I live in the suburbs of Chicago and placed my down payment at Woodfield Lexus.
Sounds nice, I'm looking at silver or grey with palomino interior. Msrp never paid before ahhh.
Old 10-13-21, 03:09 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Most likely because no one knows when these vehicles will arrive at dealerships. Cargo ships stuck, chip and parts shortages, ongoing pandemic issues every thing up in the air. I would expect a lot of vehicles will be missing key options. Those that have all the options you are looking for will be very limited supply which will be why they can ask full sticker price or more especially the hybrid.
Old 10-13-21, 03:26 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

They just changed delivery from December to January. My dealer confirmed this. It will probably be later. I was surprised to see the NX commercial.
Old 10-13-21, 07:15 PM
2merc3lex
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

About a week ago I forked over $l000 deposit for a 350 luxury. Dealership told me not to expect any discounts but would not charge more than MSRP either. So it seems like the typical responses most of us are getting. Jan/Feb expected time for delivery but not guaranteed.
The following users liked this post:
Haresh69 (10-20-21)
Old 10-13-21, 07:43 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2merc3lex
About a week ago I forked over $l000 deposit for a 350 luxury. Dealership told me not to expect any discounts but would not charge more than MSRP either. So it seems like the typical responses most of us are getting. Jan/Feb expected time for delivery but not guaranteed.
The dealer you used, were they able to go over all the options available. Did they have any pricing yet.
The following users liked this post:
dklanecky1 (10-14-21)
Old 10-14-21, 08:35 AM
rVague
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Talked with my dealer yesterday. NX’s won’t arrive until January. He suggested sending him an email with the details of engine, colors, and packages and iI will be put on a list. As the cars come in he will contact the top of the list first. No mention of ADM.
Old 10-14-21, 07:29 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 607 Likes on 409 Posts

Just received in the mail in Canada that they are taking orders!

Old 10-14-21, 07:44 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

My wife is not a techie, she likes things simple. I hope that 14" touch screen doesn't turn her off to much.
Old 10-15-21, 04:34 AM
Maggoy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Made an account (constant lurker) to add my 2 cents. Special ordered and gave a refundable deposit back in mid sept from a LI dealership. Came back from vacay around Oct 2 and told that ALL preorders/ special orders are suspended since many factories in Japan are suspended (also chip shortage). So my name is on their list if inventory arrives. They don’t expect anything in the system for inventory til late nov to dec. Will post if any updates.
Old 10-15-21, 12:10 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 607 Likes on 409 Posts

I put my order in around mid August when the packages were provided to me. I am in Canada and at this moment, still don't have a delivery date, but the last update I got was December, but it could be January or Feb depending on factories, shortages, etc... I hope my order will arrive with the cars in the showroom....
Old 10-15-21, 07:17 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Build sheets are out in Canada for the new 2022 NX. Hopefully the U.S. will follow soon.
Old 10-17-21, 02:08 PM
NJRonbo
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Here in NJ, there are several dealerships not taking deposits either. They don't want to do so until they absolutely know what will be arriving in their inventory.

Latest estimate on inventory is February, but there is hope it can arrive sooner.
Old 10-17-21, 02:28 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NJRonbo
Here in NJ, there are several dealerships not taking deposits either. They don't want to do so until they absolutely know what will be arriving in their inventory.

Latest estimate on inventory is February, but there is hope it can arrive sooner.
PM sent.................to you

Quick Reply: Pre orders