NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Mark Levinson on 450h+ F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-21 | 10:05 AM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lsft
Have you had issues with sun/moonroof's before? All the cars I've own had sun/moonroofs and never had a single problem with them over the ownership. Even with the harsh Canadian winter it's still seems to be fine. I understand the increase of headroom and even a little weight reduction.
No, I would just like the additional headroom.
Old 11-08-21 | 10:01 AM
andye39s
Driver

Originally Posted by ct6978
I think Kolokmee's answer makes sense, no space for the ML sub in the back due to the increased size of the battery pack.

You also can't get the electrically folding rear seats, although I think the rear seat heater is included.

The HUD, 14" screen, thematic lighting, and (I think) the heated steering wheel are also standard in the 450h+ F Sport...a lot of things are, here are the only factory options available:
  • Triple beam headlamps w/washers, adaptive front lights
  • 6.6 KW onboard charger
  • Panoramic view monitor, lane change assist, front cross traffic monitor
  • Smart phone convenience package
I believe the high voltage battery sits under the floor below the driver and front passenger. It probably has more to do with the charging plug taking up the space that the ML sub would normally go.

The 6.6kW charger really should've been standard. It is included in the top trim RAV4 Prime.
The following users liked this post:
CdO (10-06-22)
Old 11-13-21 | 04:59 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Hey Guys!

Probably late to the party but I just noticed I can now build my 2022 NX on the Lexus website.

I went for the 450h+ NON SPORT AWD. I noticed that it comes with the Mark Levinson standard system (10 speakers) and not the deluxe (which I thought was 14-17 speakers). At least it's not one of the build choices. In fact, there are no package choices for that model. Just individual choices which are sparse.

Don't even see HUD in the list of features.

Maybe I just missed something?

Do I need to step down to the 350h to get all the good stuff?

Last edited by NJRonbo; 11-13-21 at 05:11 AM.
Old 11-13-21 | 06:33 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by NJRonbo
Hey Guys!

Probably late to the party but I just noticed I can now build my 2022 NX on the Lexus website.

I went for the 450h+ NON SPORT AWD. I noticed that it comes with the Mark Levinson standard system (10 speakers) and not the deluxe (which I thought was 14-17 speakers). At least it's not one of the build choices. In fact, there are no package choices for that model. Just individual choices which are sparse.

Don't even see HUD in the list of features.

Maybe I just missed something?

Do I need to step down to the 350h to get all the good stuff?

The NX450h+ cannot have the Mark Levinson system and the panoramic moonroof. HUD should be standard as part of the 450h+. Their site doesn't even have Headsup display as a feature... they are always out of sync and hard to understand. Not sure why.
Old 11-13-21 | 07:59 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

The NX450h+ cannot have the Mark Levinson system and the panoramic moonroof. HUD should be standard as part of the 450h+. Their site doesn't even have Headsup display as a feature... they are always out of sync and hard to understand. Not sure why.

So, it looks like I have to drop down from the 450h+ to they hybrid due to the lack of Mark Levinson. That sucks!
Old 11-13-21 | 10:19 AM
lsft
Racer

It's odd. I wanted the F Sport, but then can't get that with 350h. You just need to prioritize what is more important or wait for the refresh to get 350h with FSport.
Old 11-13-21 | 04:16 PM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Wrong Sub Forum

Last edited by RXWes; 11-13-21 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-20-21 | 11:43 PM
Virtio
Driver School Candidate

I don't know if this was posted elsewhere but here's a diagram showing the difference between the ML 17-speaker audio system and the 10-speaker standard audio system. Sub is only slightly smaller on the standard audio system.

Old 11-21-21 | 03:58 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

What is really confusing about the ML system is if you watch the 2 videos from Charlie at Daily Motors he reviews both the base system and the ML system on the NX.

What he found was that on the base system the 2 speakers in the rear seatings (there is one on the top rear door and one on the bottom rear door) the base system is using those 2 speakers. However on the ML system it is only using 1 of the rear door speakers the top but the bottom is dead just a speaker grill cover. On his ML video review he even adjusts the sound to just the rear and you can hear on the ML that it’s only using 1 speaker in each rear door. The sound is weak.

One would think it would be reversed and that the base would only have 1 on the rear door and the ML would utilize both speakers in the rear doors. Instead the base uses both and the ML only uses 1. That is just weird.

No one has explained this about the ML on the new NX.

Old 11-21-21 | 07:41 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by Virtio
I don't know if this was posted elsewhere but here's a diagram showing the difference between the ML 17-speaker audio system and the 10-speaker standard audio system. Sub is only slightly smaller on the standard audio system.

Google translate the Japanese.

Last edited by lsft; 11-21-21 at 07:47 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by lsft:
kolokmee (11-22-21), LeX2K (11-21-21), Virtio (11-21-21)
Old 11-22-21 | 09:17 AM
kolokmee
Intermediate

Google translate the Japanese.

Looks like the two bottom 'speakers' on the 10-speaker setup are just the bass ports for the upper midrange, so it doesn't actually hold any speakers.

User Frog had posted this picture in the other NX thread for the ML setup, and the duct/ports are replaced by the bigger ducts in the subwoofer, which is likely why the ML doesn't need the same ducts in the rear doors:

Old 12-17-21 | 10:05 PM
midcow3
Racer

Question

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
What is really confusing about the ML system is if you watch the 2 videos from Charlie at Daily Motors he reviews both the base system and the ML system on the NX.

What he found was that on the base system the 2 speakers in the rear seatings (there is one on the top rear door and one on the bottom rear door) the base system is using those 2 speakers. However on the ML system it is only using 1 of the rear door speakers the top but the bottom is dead just a speaker grill cover. On his ML video review he even adjusts the sound to just the rear and you can hear on the ML that it’s only using 1 speaker in each rear door. The sound is weak.

One would think it would be reversed and that the base would only have 1 on the rear door and the ML would utilize both speakers in the rear doors. Instead the base uses both and the ML only uses 1. That is just weird.

No one has explained this about the ML on the new NX.

https://youtu.be/wlo2jtvN6LI

https://youtu.be/UHWMzn0GL_g

Are you sure this ML is on the 2022 NX 450+ ? I thought ML was not available on 2022 NX 450+ , at least in USA. The video recording is pretty bad so it is hard to tell speaker quality.
Old 10-04-22 | 09:08 PM
Hin
3rd Gear

I saw this on the Lexus Canada website
shiftD7 (10-05-22)
Old 10-05-22 | 08:39 PM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by Hin

I saw this on the Lexus Canada website
It's not in the build sheet at this time. I think it's an error, but maybe they will surprise us. I also saw NX350h F Sport on Lexus Canada site.

Old 10-13-22 | 10:37 AM
GoLeafsGo
Rookie

The photos in this pressroom release has a few photos showing Mark Levinson in a 2023 NX 450h+.

https://pressroom.lexus.com/vehicle/2023-lexus-nx-450h/
FMY421 (10-14-22)

Quick Reply: Mark Levinson on 450h+ F Sport