NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

It seems very difficult building an NX

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-21 | 10:15 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by NJRonbo
This is my first Lexus but I have run their configurators many times over past years when considering buying one, and I must say they are probably the most frustrating I have seen from any car company.

Wanted a 450h but it doesn't have the premium Mark Levinson so that's out

Went down to the 350h but it won't let you add everything, and as you add on extras, it prompts you to take off existing packages and unless you have a list of everything in those packages, you are blindly removing things.

In the end, I am going to have to go to my dealer to custom order one, but without there even being a list of inventory, most dealers won't let you do that right now.

Does anyone know if the electric fold-down seats are available in the 350h?
Not sure if this link helps you see what is packages and options
https://www.lexus.com/models/NX/specifications
The Luxury package includes everything in the Premium unless stated in the package.
Old 11-28-21 | 10:26 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Originally Posted by Geopoz
Just built the nx 350h and for $1030 you can add the power heated rear seats. You must add the luxury package to get it. Hope this helps.
Thanks, guys! Found it!

So, the Luxury contains everything in the premium. That helped.

I built a 350h loaded with lots of accessories (door guards, wheel locks, all-weather mats, mud flaps, puddle logo lights, etc.) for the price shown below.

Not sure about the color. I like the orange. Not sure if it's a popular choice. I also want the red interior and that only comes with the dark colors.

Still deciding on that...

Old 11-28-21 | 10:46 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Thanks, guys! Found it!

So, the Luxury contains everything in the premium. That helped.

I built a 350h loaded with lots of accessories (door guards, wheel locks, all-weather mats, mud flaps, puddle logo lights, etc.) for the price shown below.

Not sure about the color. I like the orange. Not sure if it's a popular choice. I also want the red interior and that only comes with the dark colors.

Still deciding on that...

you can take off $1125 off the price for the ML. If you get the luxury package. The build doesn't discount it. But under the options it is only $1020 with the luxury. I like the red interior also, it come with atomic silver. I also like the orange, but it kicked off the luxury package. Must be a regional thing.
Old 11-28-21 | 11:05 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

What makes things confusing is if I want to add the HUD, after adding the Luxury package, it wants to kick you back to the premium package.

In fact, after loading my 350h up, I don't think the digital mirror got included anywhere as it is not listed in the final build overview. Maybe I missed something.

Old 11-28-21 | 11:11 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

What makes things confusing is if I want to add the HUD, after adding the Luxury package, it wants to kick you back to the premium package.

In fact, after loading my 350h up, I don't think the digital mirror got included anywhere as it is not listed in the final build overview. Maybe I missed something.

That's because HUD is included in the luxury package. Don't add things that are already included.
Old 11-28-21 | 11:13 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

That's because HUD is included in the luxury package. Don't add things that are already included.

Okay, I'll be more careful of that. Is the digital rearview mirror included in the luxury package? It's not listed in my build overview
Old 11-28-21 | 11:17 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Okay, I'll be more careful of that. Is the digital rearview mirror included in the luxury package? It's not listed in my build overview
No it's not, you have to select that
Old 11-28-21 | 11:19 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

I wondered what you selected, the price you had seems high.
Old 11-28-21 | 11:33 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

I wondered what you selected, the price you had seems high.
Luxury package. Configured it a different way. Added Mark Levinson 17-speaker as option. For some reason digital rearview finally appeared.

By the time I added everything plus a wealth of extra accessories it shot up to the same exact price I listed above.

This vehicle is loaded and it has door guards, moldings, mud flaps, puddle lights, all-weather mats, cargo mats, power folding seats, thematic lighting, etc.

SEE ATTACHED FILE TO SEE WHAT I BUILT AND IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES

Attached Files

Last edited by NJRonbo; 11-28-21 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-28-21 | 11:40 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Luxury package. Configured it a different way. Added Mark Levinson 17-speaker as option. For some reason digital rearview finally appeared.

By the time I added everything plus a wealth of extra accessories it shot up to the same exact price I listed above.

This vehicle is loaded and it has door guards, moldings, mud flaps, puddle lights, all-weather mats, cargo mats, power folding seats, thematic lighting, etc.
Yes the ML has to be added as an option. But the price on the build will be $ 2125....that is incorrect it should be $ 1020 with the luxury package.
Old 11-28-21 | 11:42 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Yes the ML has to be added as an option. But the price on the build will be $ 2125....that is incorrect it should be $ 1020 with the luxury package.
Yeah, if you look at the configuration file I uploaded (I am assuming you did), it did not add it at that price after selecting Luxury and THEN the Mark Levinson as an add-on.

I'll have to take this configuration sheet to the dealer and I'll note what you are saying that it should only be a $1,020 addition once Luxury is selected.

Again, I am not sure why it is not giving me that discount on this end.

Thanks for all your help. You have been great!
Old 11-28-21 | 12:07 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Yeah, if you look at the configuration file I uploaded (I am assuming you did), it did not add it at that price after selecting Luxury and THEN the Mark Levinson as an add-on.

I'll have to take this configuration sheet to the dealer and I'll note what you are saying that it should only be a $1,020 addition once Luxury is selected.

Again, I am not sure why it is not giving me that discount on this end.

Thanks for all your help. You have been great!
Is that your build summary, if so you added rear power door, inside ambient lighting, and rain sensing wipers which are included in the luxury.
Old 11-28-21 | 12:09 PM
NJRonbo
Driver

Is that your build summary, if so you added rear power door, inside ambient lighting, and rain sensing wipers which are included in the luxury.

Thank you for that. I am going to have to go back to the drawing board and start the configurator over. I wish it would automatically prohibit you from adding things already in the selected package.

Let's see if I can get that price down a bit. I'll post something shortly.

Thank you again
Old 11-28-21 | 12:17 PM
NJRonbo
Driver

You saved me over $1k with that information.

New build attached. Hope I got everything

Attached Files
Old 11-28-21 | 12:23 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

You saved me over $1k with that information.

New build attached. Hope I got everything
Nj,,, you finally got it, nice build. Hope you get what you want as I hope I can get what I want.

Quick Reply: It seems very difficult building an NX